Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

Zouma is a nigerian internationalist and played a season or so in top flight french football. I think he was more resting Cahil who has been carrying an anckle knock since the previous internationals in September. I thought "Dave" Aziplicueta should have played resting Ivanovic. Nice seeing Cech cup tied for CL..with draws Madrids interest until summer at least. I still think he is better keeper than Courtois.

Anyone know if we have the right to recall Tomas Kalas from loan?

I.ll take Courtois all day over Chech.......the way he stopped Messi from scoring in the world cup was unbelievable. To me Chech doesn't command his penalty area and when you can reach over 7feet from a standing position,he should be plucking every cross out of the air with ease........and he doesn,t . He has let in some piss poor goals with his positioning of his wall at free kicks.......no he was good but those days are gone imho

Chech is no shorty either. Sorry but you mention a world cup match. I was refering to in a chelsea shirt. Courtois has not impressed me at all. I do think it takes a keeper a season or 2 to adjust to the pace a rigours of the PL in comparison to La liga. De Gea was the same shit in his first season then only got better (could nt have got worse!. Sorry but Courtois is rather non vocal in his area Chech commands it much better and has respect of team mates, not vice captain for no reason nor has been captan for many matches either without just cause!.

Anyone go info on Diego Costas mystery illness?

It was Chech i referred to at 7ft facepalm.gif . You didn,t mention anything about a Chelsea shirt,just your opinion that you think Chech is a better keeper. So Courtois does not have the respect of his team mates................Jt, who a mate caddied for 3 weeks ago will disagree with you on that one. As for Chech being made vice captain..that was to keep him happy as he was being replaced as 1st choice keeper by Courtois not my opinion.........Fact.

My opinion is that Coutois is now part of the Chelsea future and Cech has got to accept the fact, that is if he is willing to play second fiddle which it looks like that will now be the case. I was a bit irritated by Courtois's wish to stay on loan for Atletico for two seasons but, now he's here, I'm quite impressed.

Cech is feeling exactly the same as Cudicini did, when Cech strode into the club. Cudicini had two great seasons between the sticks, so I thought he was extremely hard done by, when Cech was made the first choice. He turned out to be one of the world's best keepers, ofcourse, but there's no doubt in my mind that his high standard of goalkeeping dropped off last season. He seemed to be looking after himself a bit too much. I don't know the bloke, but he comes across as an honourable person who will help Courtois progress.

I.ll take Courtois all day over Chech.......the way he stopped Messi from scoring in the world cup was unbelievable. To me Chech doesn't command his penalty area and when you can reach over 7feet from a standing position,he should be plucking every cross out of the air with ease........and he doesn,t . He has let in some piss poor goals with his positioning of his wall at free kicks.......no he was good but those days are gone imho

Chech is no shorty either. Sorry but you mention a world cup match. I was refering to in a chelsea shirt. Courtois has not impressed me at all. I do think it takes a keeper a season or 2 to adjust to the pace a rigours of the PL in comparison to La liga. De Gea was the same shit in his first season then only got better (could nt have got worse!. Sorry but Courtois is rather non vocal in his area Chech commands it much better and has respect of team mates, not vice captain for no reason nor has been captan for many matches either without just cause!.

Anyone go info on Diego Costas mystery illness?

It was Chech i referred to at 7ft facepalm.gif . You didn,t mention anything about a Chelsea shirt,just your opinion that you think Chech is a better keeper. So Courtois does not have the respect of his team mates................Jt, who a mate caddied for 3 weeks ago will disagree with you on that one. As for Chech being made vice captain..that was to keep him happy as he was being replaced as 1st choice keeper by Courtois not my opinion.........Fact.

Apologies, English is not quite my frist language. Misread and used some wrong words. I do still think Cech is a better keeper for Chelsea just now than Courtois is. Of Course Courtois is the future due to age difference. Courtois also reaches over 7 feet from a standing position. I could nt care less about what a player does for their countries just as long as they come back uninjured and perform brilliantly for Chelsea. I am sure courtois has the respect of his team mates just saying Chech has more. as for being vice captain that was earned! FACT! I pretty sure was nt made captain for many matches over the past few seasons to keep him happy. I´d dont care who caddies for who even if JT´s caddy was Mrs Bridge!

I respect to your opinion. I just think Courtois should have been phased in to PL and the much faster pace, rythm and tempo. Too late now. I was hoping last season he would not spend a 3rd season at Athletico Madrid. but to a PL club. Still I am happy Cech is cup tied for the CL.

Any news on Costas Mystery Illness any one. Nothing in Spanish press. Nada!

I read the Costa "injury" is a nasty case of food poisoning.

he will be fit for Sunday then, mourinio is just giving him a rest.

Its only what i read but if its true then yes, you'd think he'll be playing.

Thanks Guys. about Costas on going Hamstring prob I have read in Spanish press that it is actually a tendon problem with the femural bicepts.

IF he does nt play coud be on the bench I think. Still there are many options for Sunday.

Hazard as a false No 9 with Salah out wide. Or Schurlle as flase no 9, or Cesc as fasle no 9 which he has done many times for Barca and Spain while deploying two holding midfielders of 2 of 3 Rameriez/Matic/Mikel Or Drogba up front! ..No pasa nada - Mai pen Rai!

I read the Costa "injury" is a nasty case of food poisoning.

he will be fit for Sunday then, mourinio is just giving him a rest.

Thanks Guys. about Costas on going Hamstring prob I have read in Spanish press that it is actually a tendon problem with the femural bicepts.

IF he does nt play coud be on the bench I think. Still there are many options for Sunday.

Hazard as a false No 9 with Salah out wide. Or Schurlle as flase no 9, or Cesc as fasle no 9 which he has done many times for Barca and Spain while deploying two holding midfielders of 2 of 3 Rameriez/Matic/Mikel Or Drogba up front! ..No pasa nada - Mai pen Rai!

I've just read on the BBC Sport website that Remy is definitely out of the game on Sunday. Costa is struggling with a groin injury as well the well publicised hamstring problem. He's over the stomach bug but hasn't been training all week. That leaves ol' man Drogba who looks as slow as me and half as fit. Schurrle is a possibility to play as the central striker (not your standard 'tree trunk', you understand). I wouldn't mind that happening at all.

• Like 1

I've just read on the BBC Sport website that Remy is definitely out of the game on Sunday. Costa is struggling with a groin injury as well the well publicised hamstring problem. He's over the stomach bug but hasn't been training all week. That leaves ol' man Drogba who looks as slow as me and half as fit. Schurrle is a possibility to play as the central striker (not your standard 'tree trunk', you understand). I wouldn't mind that happening at all.

Would nt complain either if Solanke was playing upfront!!

• Like 1

Even without strikers, United will go for it and Chelsea will pick them off.

United 1 Chelsea 4

I'll give United 2...and like you... 4 for Chelsea.thumbsup.gif

Does nt matter 1-0 is enough to walk away from Old Trafford with all 3 points and bury United as title challengers early on in the season!

P.D ..Nice little result West ham beating City!

Very very disappointing......very even 1st half then we step it up a gear in the second half, score and look like getting more...then comes the game changer.....obi 1 knobi. Jose you may have won everything there is to win in football but,when your on top,stay on top and don,t give the opposition the chance to get back into a game that is surely beyond them. Now what,United have now got the confidence to go on a little run and next weeks encounter with city is now in the balance and we are 2 full backs missing facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

• Like 1

Very very disappointing......very even 1st half then we step it up a gear in the second half, score and look like getting more...then comes the game changer.....obi 1 knobi. Jose you may have won everything there is to win in football but,when your on top,stay on top and don,t give the opposition the chance to get back into a game that is surely beyond them. Now what,United have now got the confidence to go on a little run and next weeks encounter with city is now in the balance and we are 2 full backs missing facepalm.giffacepalm.gif

Mourinho gets too pragmatic for his own good sometimes, and this was the case yesterday. It might be that Van Gaal was in the other dug out and he didn't want to take chances and lose to his old mentor. Anyway, after a couple of uninspiring substitutions,United got more of the ball and grew in confidence.

Mourinho gets too pragmatic for his own good sometimes, and this was the case yesterday. It might be that Van Gaal was in the other dug out and he didn't want to take chances and lose to his old mentor. Anyway, after a couple of uninspiring substitutions,United got more of the ball and grew in confidence.

Mourinho's achilles heel. Thank Jove he ain't perfect.

Mourinho taking notes from LVG many years ago.attachicon.gifDaliB08wU3cIcAAJWAZ.jpg

One of your poorest attempts at humour,JD. A bit like the Marx Brothers who were dull. Why would someone want to take notes from a dumb (sorry,vocally challenged) person?

Can't argue your point oldgit. I had a hankering to post S. Dali and Harpo together and TVisa was the victim.wai2.gif

Though I found the Marx Brothers pretty entertaining...at times.

Mourinho taking notes from LVG many years ago.attachicon.gifDaliB08wU3cIcAAJWAZ.jpg

One of your poorest attempts at humour,JD. A bit like the Marx Brothers who were dull. Why would someone want to take notes from a dumb (sorry,vocally challenged) person?

Can't argue your point oldgit. I had a hankering to post S. Dali and Harpo together and TVisa was the victim.wai2.gif

Salvador Dali in a Marx Brothers film? What one was that? The Three Stooges were slightly better but, for great humour, I'll have Max Miller over the pair of them.

Salvador Dali in a Marx Brothers film? What one was that? The Three Stooges were slightly better but, for great humour, I'll have Max Miller over the pair of them.

I'm sure that photo was staged and not from a movie oldgit. I got that from a website with tons of interesting old photos. They had one the other day of Dali walking his pet anteater in Paris.

Yeah, I'm a Stooges fan as well. I've seen some Stooges episodes in Argentina I never saw in the states because they were considered politically incorrect.

I never saw Max Miller. Was he as good as Drogba ?biggrin.png

Well i have to say, since the departure of the much loved P45Mustang i'm not really sure what direction JD and Oldgit are taking this thread!!

biggrin.png

I received two recent photos of Pish Flaps from a source that cannot be named. The photo on the left from before he was dismissed and the right afterwards.attachicon.gifphishByUhh6IIYAEyfkz.jpg

Oi vey!!!!

Ha Ha ! Well said !thumbsup.gif

Nothing much to say about last night,s performance...........no great gulf in class between the 2 sides was visible, so full credit to Shrewsbury for that.. Ake looked ok,but both full backs Christensen and Luis barely crossed the half way line, and Zouma who i think has a great future ahead of him, only won one header of note all night Salah and Schurrle seemed to adopt a shoot on sight mentality which was wayward to say the least. Full credit to old man Drogba though for playing 2 games in 48 hours and hanging in there to the end...........although it was Shrewsbury.

Nothing much to say about last night,s performance...........no great gulf in class between the 2 sides was visible, so full credit to Shrewsbury for that.. Ake looked ok,but both full backs Christensen and Luis barely crossed the half way line, and Zouma who i think has a great future ahead of him, only won one header of note all night Salah and Schurrle seemed to adopt a shoot on sight mentality which was wayward to say the least. Full credit to old man Drogba though for playing 2 games in 48 hours and hanging in there to the end...........although it was Shrewsbury.

Christiansen is more a centre half and is said to have awesome potential, he is the reason Tomas Kalas had to go out on load as his his father was making noise about the kid leaving Chelsea if he was not promoted from the B team to first team this season. He could nt go out on loan due to UEFA rules on home grown players - don´t quote me on it but it is something like a player has to be with a club and play 3 years of football in that country before a certain age like 20 or something like that.

On the positive note, future looking good for the back line, Christiansen, Zouma, Ake, and Kalas. If you´re good enough you´re old enough!