Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

i cant believe the transformation in Oscar, i know he makes a few dodgy passes that lose posession but i thought his desire was first class. He should get a few goals this season, fingers crossed!!  If he (and others) continues to play like this hopefully we will be back on the up. Only time will tell and it's early days.

Conte's subs last night were at first sight a little strange. I wasnt that pleased to see Hazard come off but to be honest the fresh legs made a real difference and personally i think that won us the game. Bravo to the new tinkerman!

• Like 1

Without reading anything here that might tell me the score - your match replay has just started on True Visions at 20:00 (was mooted at 19:00). Sorry if this is duplicates another post.

Click on Thai language for (English) commentary

Edited by SantiSuk

thought overall you deserved the win, nice to see oscar buzzing, will be interesting to see how many of last night's starters are in  conte's team at the end of the season,, actually as opposed to many free wheeling cheque book boys  i'de go most

however, there's no place for bollacks tackles like costa did on the w/h keeper, how the f. that didnt get a  straight red i'll never know, the refs dont do themselves any favours with such blatant stupid decisions, and conte coming out with nonsence saying the ref made the right decision,, 4 me he's gone down a notch towards being  just another biased <deleted> manager,, but hey  its football what do we expect

anyway looking forward to some decent attractive footie at Stamford bridge 

Impressive performance I have to say. I wish I didn't. Conte was a superlative choice by management. As for Costa's challenge, Taylor was likely too far away to make an informed decision.

You figure Fabregas is surplus ?

15 hours ago, MrTrip said:

i cant believe the transformation in Oscar, i know he makes a few dodgy passes that lose posession but i thought his desire was first class. He should get a few goals this season, fingers crossed!!  If he (and others) continues to play like this hopefully we will be back on the up. Only time will tell and it's early days.

Conte's subs last night were at first sight a little strange. I wasnt that pleased to see Hazard come off but to be honest the fresh legs made a real difference and personally i think that won us the game. Bravo to the new tinkerman!

Yes, Oscar showed some desire and work rate but there was the odd game, last season,  where he was also 'at it'. Then he would disappear for the next couple of games. The fact that he was selected by Conte for the first match, in favour of Fabregas, is probably the reason for his motivation. What annoys me about him is these little fancy flicks he keeps doing which rarely come off. I would like to see him get his foot on the ball and look for the man. As you say mate, it's early days. The next few games will show us if it's the Oscar of old or the dawdling, lazy one of the last few seasons. Aside of that, I was delighted to see Matic in a more offensive role.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jellydog said:

Impressive performance I have to say. I wish I didn't. Conte was a superlative choice by management. As for Costa's challenge, Taylor was likely too far away to make an informed decision.

You figure Fabregas is surplus ?

I don't think so JD. There were times two seasons ago and bits of last season, when he was the outlet for a lot of our attacks. His passing was immaculate. However, he's painfully slow around the pitch now and, when used as a defensive midfielder, he was dire. His future at the club might be coming on from the bench, to ping passes to the attack, when we are chasing games.

14 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Good start,had plenty of possession and was always in the game..so no moans from me....although my seat (lower shed) was <deleted>. All I would like to see though is for Courtois to come off his line for free kicks and corners...instead of standing there rooted to the spot.and us not to defend every blaaddy set piece with ten players.

Agreed Keith. He's as tall as an office block but craps himself when there's hustle and bustle in the six yard box. A vastly overrated goalkeeper in my opinion.

13 hours ago, rijit said:

thought overall you deserved the win, nice to see oscar buzzing, will be interesting to see how many of last night's starters are in  conte's team at the end of the season,, actually as opposed to many free wheeling cheque book boys  i'de go most

however, there's no place for bollacks tackles like costa did on the w/h keeper, how the f. that didnt get a  straight red i'll never know, the refs dont do themselves any favours with such blatant stupid decisions, and conte coming out with nonsence saying the ref made the right decision,, 4 me he's gone down a notch towards being  just another biased <deleted> manager,, but hey  its football what do we expect

anyway looking forward to some decent attractive footie at Stamford bridge 

I'm not going to defend Costa for the sake of it. Adrian got a little bit fancy, f****d up, Costa saw his chance and went for the ball and connected with his ankle instead.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Red card every day,thats a potential leg breaker but maybe the ref did not have a clear view.Costa simply has no control over his emotions. You like strikers to be aggressive but that was blatant

Yeah, the ref just didn't have a good look. Pity.

the gov just stuck it up   Mou  Fizzles aka Sparkles , Soi Dog and BangCrap Bob ,with another late winner,supplied byThe Rat :D

not a pretty win,some ordinary performances , particular Pedro who is out of petrol, plus we need a defender pronto

last season under The Special One, it took 6  matches to reach the same number  of  points,now done in two,and not looking at Shitters  Ditch:) (touch wood)

very confident  that Conte The Great One is responsible for this marked improvement,very early days but being in the top 4 is a great start,thatwill do E/S at the end of the season,this will be Man Citys TItle, got the Gun Mngr,  and ammo, there we go Mr Bo and B/B

its  a  never ever mou managing m/u  good morning :), to all my readers

On August 17, 2016 at 0:27 PM, oldgit said:

I'm not going to defend Costa for the sake of it. Adrian got a little bit fancy, f****d up, Costa saw his chance and went for the ball and connected with his ankle instead.

That was reckless at best, leg breaker at worst.  Red card at the least.  

8 hours ago, evenstevens said:

the gov just stuck it up   Mou  Fizzles aka Sparkles , Soi Dog and BangCrap Bob ,with another late winner,supplied byThe Rat :D

not a pretty win,some ordinary performances , particular Pedro who is out of petrol, plus we need a defender pronto

last season under The Special One, it took 6  matches to reach the same number  of  points,now done in two,and not looking at Shitters  Ditch:) (touch wood)

very confident  that Conte The Great One is responsible for this marked improvement,very early days but being in the top 4 is a great start,thatwill do E/S at the end of the season,this will be Man Citys TItle, got the Gun Mngr,  and ammo, there we go Mr Bo and B/B

its  a  never ever mou managing m/u  good morning :), to all my readers

Well E/S, Pedro is low on confidence and needs things to go right for him. Instead of driving at the full back now, he's checking back and playing safety first. He's not a sulker, though, and keeps at it. But there were a lot worse than him, one of which was Costa. Don't let the goal gloss over an abject performance by him. I lost count the number of times he lost the ball or gave it away. The pass by Fabregas was sublime, Costa took four touches before he planted it under the 'keeper. With that time and space, I would have scored in a pair of carpet slippers.

Saying that, Costa has one asset that Conte wants. He never stops trying. No confidence issues with him. As good as Drogba was, in a different league to Costa, I've seen him sling it in completely in matches when it hasn't been going his way. A hard earned three points with stand out displays by Kante, Hazard, Azpilicueta and Cahill. Oscar, other than a couple of decent crosses, reverted to his dawdling worst. The substitutes came on and made an impact as they're entitled to do, as the Watford team were treading water by the time they appeared.

Haven,t seen the full game yet, just the highlights. Ivan totally at fault for there goal imo.....as per usual positions himself in the Cb spot leaving there man totally unmarked ......berk.

2nd gaming running that the subs have made an impact....well done Conte. Expect us to sign 2 players before the window closes.

Just don,t get it.......Ivan the terrible not only starts but skippers the side to boot  :facepalm: Glasses for Conte!!!!   Quite possible that Dominic Solanke might get a run out......he has a squad number.....so my spies tell me.

Anyone that started been there longer ?

5 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Whats that got to do with it....supposed to be a competitive game of football ..... I would have had any of Cahill Fabregas Matic ahead of that donkey.

what your, or my  opinion wasn't the question the question was why him for captain and length of service  seemed the obvious reason unless you've got a better answer.

1 hour ago, rijit said:

what your, or my  opinion wasn't the question the question was why him for captain and length of service  seemed the obvious reason unless you've got a better answer.

Length of service was the only reason he was made captain....certainly wasn,t based on form

nice feeling to morning, top of the pile , 3 out of 3 ,

hazard the destroyer firing again, kante keeping the midfeild under his lock and key

and the first clean sheet at the bridge since january, and no RAT:D

a C/L place is surely on the horizon, the only thing sticking in my craw is no further buys ???

its  ConteThe Great good morning to all my readers on the Footy  Forum:)

Hazard's early goal scuppered any plans that Burnley had of sitting back. From then on, it was a comfortable afternoon with plenty of energy and endeavor in our play. Kante continues to ooze class and, with Matic not too far away, we're looking strong in midfield. Oscar decided to participate here but I would bin him at any rate. He's too erratic. Again, the subs. took their chance to impress with a peach of a pass  from Pedro to set up a well controlled shot on the stretch from Moses. That should give both confidence.