Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

A thunderous game played by both sides on the edge. By including Pedro and Willian on the flanks, Hiddink wanted to deny Walker and Rose offensively but, after going 2-0 down, Hazard had to come on in the second half. He was brilliant, causing all sorts of problems to the Spurs defence. Saying that, I couldn't fault the effort and commitment of any of the team. Where was that at the start of the season, though? I know it was Spurs and the chips were down but THIS was the Chelsea we wanted to see all season, not the pathetic, ponderous rabble pre Hiddink. You could see certain players that have been on the missing list, running into form.

When Oscar came on, he put in more tackles in 20 minutes than he had done all season. You could almost say that there is a new role for him at the club, if he stays, as a holding midfield player. He knows how to defend, he's vocal and he's got that touch of class to play the right ball, all he's got to quell is his urge to get forward too much because he hasn't got the pace to get back any more.

Hazard was the dogs wotsits ...........and if he does leave, then his cameo performance last night will have pushed his selling price back up past the 50mil mark imo. Disappointment for me was seeing at close hand how thuccking lazy Costa can be.......constantly taking himself out of the action by being in an offside position,then when it suits chasing down a nearly lost cause like raving lunatic (he is deranged). Ivan the terrible is just that...terrible, at fault yet again for that 2nd goal, yet laughingly (probably)not seen by the camera,s waving his arms around like a lunatic blaming everyone in front of him,for him not having a decent passing option.

It is galling to see a performance like that.....it just shows that we are and were capable of so much more.

Did your mate get you a good seat for the game? Judging by the noise coming from my television, I bet the atmosphere was fantastic.

Yep he came up trumps, bless him,got me 2 tickets ....Shed Upper Tier, took Nid (pics on her Facebook page) she learnt some new words,words she wont be finding in the Lituk Testsad.png . Atmosphere was unbelievable,from start to finish,definitely transferred onto the pitch and we could have been 5 down at half-time and we still would n,t have lost, such was passion generated from all sides of the ground .w00t.gifcrazy.gifw00t.gifcrazy.gif well not all sidesviolin.gifviolin.gif

• Like 1

Small club mentality Alfredo....seeing it from quite a few on here today....lot of it from the Man Chitty fans too.

We'll just keep enjoying quality attacking football from our team win or lose.

After all it's all about entertainment for us...these fans don't understand that.

You can see why with Chelski in particular.

Smokie, know you're down, but I would recommend to ignore most the comments on these football forums. It seems to be the way of many on these forums, and I cite a couple of your Spurs buddies and a few Liverpool fans as being the biggest culprits, who like to dish it out...fair enough, but obviously people will return it when they get the chance.

We're laughing our heads off BB...our best finish ever in the Premiership and we're supposed to be morose?

You just don't understand at all.

yes how true B/B

y/day i was fairly questioned(totts thread) about my conspicious absence from the footy forum, this season

E/S then gave a honest a/c as to why

then immediately the trolls step in, calling E/S a spaz, then a liar

let the spaz bit go graciously over my head (no reply) as he is always looking for a din, the liar theme , i gave a reply,as being called a liar and then bring my nationality oringin into it is clearly the work of a drunken troll

its clear as mud , why the footy forum,has so few members contributing, sure the trolls will say E/S has done this and that and toughned up ,but 99% of my posts are at least footy related,

my rant is over

nice nice morning to allsmile.png

Your absence coincided with your teams remarkable demise, somehow that seems a very unlikely coincidence.

Liar I did not call you and the nationality call is just as pathetic.

I thought you might return fire for a bit of fun, it was a lighthearted poke, I didn't realise you were so sensative. I'll leave you alone from now on sweetheart.

• Like 1

E/S wish for all that is interested, to refer to post # 23669, totts thread, for cofirmation , where i have been called the following by bangkrak bob

YEAHNAHYEAH , (aussie slang for #no# ) I, AM CALLING BULLSHIT ON THOSE EXCUSES

ASIDE I THOUGHT AUSSIES WERE BUILT TOUGH,

if that is not calling E/S a liar,,and slagging E/S make up, of his country,s birth, E/S is a monkeys uncle

in due course,perhaps a few weeks E/S will have the presence of his daughter returning from uni studies, due to being not computer savvy, she will put a pic up of my illness, plus further evidence that my post was not bullshit and excuses

but pure fact!!!!!

its a scouser troll of a evening to all

Small club mentality Alfredo....seeing it from quite a few on here today....lot of it from the Man Chitty fans too.

We'll just keep enjoying quality attacking football from our team win or lose.

After all it's all about entertainment for us...these fans don't understand that.

You can see why with Chelski in particular.

Smokie, know you're down, but I would recommend to ignore most the comments on these football forums. It seems to be the way of many on these forums, and I cite a couple of your Spurs buddies and a few Liverpool fans as being the biggest culprits, who like to dish it out...fair enough, but obviously people will return it when they get the chance.

We're laughing our heads off BB...our best finish ever in the Premiership and we're supposed to be morose?

You just don't understand at all.

Having experienced coming 2nd a few times recently and knowing how that feels, I'm not having it that you're laughing your heads off, no way Smokie.

E/S wish for all that is interested, to refer to post # 23669, totts thread, for cofirmation , where i have been called the following by bangkrak bob

if that is not calling E/S a liar,,and slagging E/S make up, of his country,s birth, E/S is a monkeys uncle

in due course,perhaps a few weeks E/S will have the presence of his daughter returning from uni studies, due to being not computer savvy, she will put a pic up of my illness, plus further evidence that my post was not bullshit and excuses

but pure fact!!!!!

It's good to have you back and in form E/S. Let's hope you've seen the back of those ailments.

• Like 1

Chelsea have defended the cost of the premium version of their 2016/17 kit after it was made available for pre-order at £90.

Eden Hazard and Ruben Loftus-Cheek launched the Barclays Premier League club's new kit on Facebook on Wednesday, with two versions of the shirt being made available to buy.

Standard replica jerseys will cost from £55 for adults and £45 for children and, for the first time, Chelsea will now also offer an enhanced version called the 'Adi Zero' for £90.

Should Chelsea fans want to add a player's name and number as well as the Premier League logo on the sleeve for any of the new shirts, there would be an additional printing price of £16.95.

So if you're talking about it getting printed, you're looking at the first 100 quid plus footy shirt.

blink.png

but pure fact!!!!!

Dude - I said those excuses weren't good enough to be not following/watching your team. I didn't say you were lying about anything.

And btw I have an Australian passport which technically makes me an Australian too.

Toodaloo xx

Chelsea have defended the cost of the premium version of their 2016/17 kit after it was made available for pre-order at £90.

Eden Hazard and Ruben Loftus-Cheek launched the Barclays Premier League club's new kit on Facebook on Wednesday, with two versions of the shirt being made available to buy.

Standard replica jerseys will cost from £55 for adults and £45 for children and, for the first time, Chelsea will now also offer an enhanced version called the 'Adi Zero' for £90.

Should Chelsea fans want to add a player's name and number as well as the Premier League logo on the sleeve for any of the new shirts, there would be an additional printing price of £16.95.

So if you're talking about it getting printed, you're looking at the first 100 quid plus footy shirt.

blink.png

that's absolutely outrageous that.

Hiddink played a highly unusual 4-2-2-1 formation without a goalkeeper. Saying that, I did see a stick clad in light blue between the posts, but it could have been a steward for all the good it did, while I did spot someone motionless, on the by line, that looked suspiciously like Willian. If he was a spectator and hadn't paid to get in, he should have.

Hiddink played a highly unusual 4-2-2-1 formation without a goalkeeper. Saying that, I did see a stick clad in light blue between the posts, but it could have been a steward for all the good it did, while I did spot someone motionless, on the by line, that looked suspiciously like Willian. If he was a spectator and hadn't paid to get in, he should

Our defense is shocking.......both full backs just can,t keep out the crosses from coming in and the Cb,s do not end up marking anyone,It is blaady laughable. Every sodding corner conceded is followed by all 10 players in the box,with Courtois (and to a lesser extent Begovic) permanently rooted to the blaady goaline...it is a shambles. The Man reckons that Courtois is definitely off and quite possibly Fabregas and Oscar,but Hazard is staying. Matic is also off and hopefully Baba will also go and Terry is also likely to leave....could be as many as 10 players will exit. He does however sing the praises of Conte.......we will see......wai2.gif

• Like 1

Hiddink played a highly unusual 4-2-2-1 formation without a goalkeeper. Saying that, I did see a stick clad in light blue between the posts, but it could have been a steward for all the good it did, while I did spot someone motionless, on the by line, that looked suspiciously like Willian. If he was a spectator and hadn't paid to get in, he should

Our defense is shocking.......both full backs just can,t keep out the crosses from coming in and the Cb,s do not end up marking anyone,It is blaady laughable. Every sodding corner conceded is followed by all 10 players in the box,with Courtois (and to a lesser extent Begovic) permanently rooted to the blaady goaline...it is a shambles. The Man reckons that Courtois is definitely off and quite possibly Fabregas and Oscar,but Hazard is staying. Matic is also off and hopefully Baba will also go and Terry is also likely to leave....could be as many as 10 players will exit. He does however sing the praises of Conte.......we will see......wai2.gif

I know he's had a <deleted> season but I thought Matic was our best player. Very unusual goal 'celebration' by him though. He looked like he'd just returned from a funeral, which adds credence to The Man's assertion that he will be gone this summer. I still want him at the club though. Our full backs can't keep out the crosses because they're slow and stand off, Keith.

Yep, in spite of his latest comment that he is "100% certain to be at the club next season"' Courtois was appalling in this game and looks disinterested. I think it's vital Hazard stays. He's one of the very few that we have now that is pure class. And I hope Conte slings the 4-2-3-1 system out of the window as well.

• Like 2

I think it's vital Hazard stays. He's one of the very few that we have now that is pure class. And I hope Conte slings the 4-2-3-1 system out of the window as well.

and tosses branno,plugger mikel, baba to the proverbial sh#thouse, for openerssmile.png

nice mid morning to all biggrin.png

• Like 2

Guys, who's 'The Man' you refer to above?

Diego Chapati Costa

Nice one Bob.

Rephrase my question. Who's 'The Man' you Chelsea fans refer to in the posts above?

He's affectionately known as 'Shevva' to the Chelsea fans but that's as far as I want to go, as we don't want to compromise his position as our 'mole' in the club.

• Like 1

So finally its goodbye to terry? getting a red, Bit of a sad ending still as the boys on the guardian podcast pointed out following in footsteps of other 'golden generation' boys gerrard lampard,,

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So finally its goodbye to terry? getting a red, Bit of a sad ending still as the boys on the guardian podcast pointed out following in footsteps of other 'golden generation' boys gerrard lampard,,

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

That depends on how radical Conte is on the changes he intends to make. Terry has been the leader of the dressing room for a decade but, with a wholesale clear out, he may be regarded as a dinosaur by the revamped squad. On the evidence of his arrival at Juventus as their coach "Age doesn't concern me, it's how good you are that matters", Terry has a good chance of staying at the club. He may not want to though

• Like 1

Their generation wasn't golden at all...it had its moments but they never gelled.

Never gelled or always failed? Certainly when it really mattered they failed. The whole labelling of "Golden Generation " was an embarrassing farce anyway. At best you pin that label having already won the silverware.

Their generation wasn't golden at all...it had its moments but they never gelled.

Never gelled or always failed? Certainly when it really mattered they failed. The whole labelling of "Golden Generation " was an embarrassing farce anyway. At best you pin that label having already won the silverware.

it was that berk adam crozier who coined the term. former saatchi and saatchi executive. which figures.

probably depends how much money a chinese team offers terry doesn't it?

China, the next emerging football powerhouse so we're told. Would money be the motivation for Terry to go there at this stage of his career? It certainly was for Ramires, Texiera and Jackson Martinez but they have years of football ahead of them. I suspect Terry would confide in his old mate Drogba before he makes that move. Drogba lasted six months at Shanghai before he went on to Galatasary. Terry has been to China a number of times recently and could view a move to China as a 'project', maybe as a player/coach. Money? At 35 years of age and having won loads of medals domestically, I don't think so Stevie.

Edited by oldgit
  • Like 1

I'm pretty sure that in 10 years or so my endearing memory of John Terry, sadly will be the final he was banned from playing in and him coming out post game in his full kit iNCLUDING shinpads. Still think that was unbelievably childlike but most footballers aren't so bright.

probably depends how much money a chinese team offers terry doesn't it?

China, the next emerging football powerhouse so we're told. Would money be the motivation for Terry to go there at this stage of his career? It certainly was for Ramires, Texiera and Jackson Martinez but they have years of football ahead of them. I suspect Terry would confide in his old mate Drogba before he makes that move. Drogba lasted six months at Shanghai before he went on to Galatasary. Terry has been to China a number of times recently and could view a move to China as a 'project', maybe as a player/coach. Money? At 35 years of age and having won loads of medals domestically, I don't think so Stevie.

MLS then? saw a link saying one chinese team was going to offer him £12m for a season. at 35 i'd take that.

I'm pretty sure that in 10 years or so my endearing memory of John Terry, sadly will be the final he was banned from playing in and him coming out post game in his full kit iNCLUDING shinpads. Still think that was unbelievably childlike but most footballers aren't so bright.

I'm sure I read somewhere that it was in the rules that, any player participating in the competition and played for the winning team, was obliged to turn up in full kit for the presentation, banned or not.

• Like 1