Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

1 hour ago, evenstevens said:

no surprise to me ,as Conte the Jerk went back to the drawing board and played 10 of the starting 11,  that won the EPL title 2016/2017,  You know the so called below average players ,that Conte performed miracles with,  as our two resident knee  jerkers  K/S  and   O/G   like  to spruik on this thread   Fluffin Lol  and throw in Baka,s timely suspension to boot,   Barca are in the drivers seat, but C/sea have everything to play for in the return leg,and a repeat effort from the Knee Jerkers  below average players (what rubbish) may to the trick, here.s keeping my fingers crossed

You just cant help it can you mush,you just have to criticise,pick holes in any thing posted on here ....and then top it off with inaccurate facts as usual. " Bang average " was the quote by me... not "below average" and most of those played in the 2 heavy defeats by both Watford and Bounemouth.?? 

Next...10 out of 11" where do you get that from???? Rudiger new signing Christensen was on loan Matic Costa gone..(Cahill and Luiz regulars) both Fabregas and Willian spent more time on the bench than they did on the pitch ...10 out of 11.....try 7

You gonna post.....then post the facts not your twisted variation.

Edited by keithsimmonds
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Cant believe this false 9 bollixs.

another poor call  ,the trident worked perfectly last nite against Barca,

2 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

You just cant help it can you mush,you just have to criticise,pick holes in any thing posted on here

Next...10 out of 11" where do you get that from????  ...10 out of 11.....try 7

Firstly lets get things straight   ,any posts that are posted on the Footy  Forum   are open to a reply or discussion,    FULLSTOP

Secondly please except my appologies, 9 out 11 (rudi and christannen are my missing two)    not 10    ,who started against Barca were in the 17 man squad which won in a canter   the EPL title 2016/17 , your call of 7 another load of tripe,  as for your bang on average call ,the 9 who started last nite matched Barca , not bad for a bunch of  bang on average players,  another load of tripe posted by you   , wake up the dogs are pi#sing on you, and now get back to the Shed News where u get your info to post here LOL,   have sweet dreams

1 hour ago, evenstevens said:

Firstly lets get things straight   ,any posts that are posted on the Footy  Forum   are open to a reply or discussion,    FULLSTOP

Secondly please except my appologies, 9 out 11 (rudi and christannen are my missing two)    not 10    ,who started against Barca were in the 17 man squad which won in a canter   the EPL title 2016/17 , your call of 7 another load of tripe,  as for your bang on average call ,the 9 who started last nite matched Barca , not bad for a bunch of  bang on average players,  another load of tripe posted by you   , wake up the dogs are pi#sing on you, and now get back to the Shed News where u get your info to post here LOL,   have sweet dreams

What was perfect about it ?   

18 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

What was perfect about it ?   

No no all dissent is trolling.

Fluff off from fluffy Alfredo....even though they had piss poor possession and drew at home.

They are going to be hammered in the Nou Camp anyway....free popcorn for all Spurs fans. :clap2:

18 hours ago, oldgit said:

. I thought it was a disciplined, tactically astute performance by Conte and the team with everybody playing their part. Of course, they are a superb passing time so, to go toe to toe with them would have been suicidal. That was the way to play a team like that. Frustrate them into making a mistake and hit them on the counter with pace and precision. That's our game and that's what we do best.When they do give the ball away, they look on it as an affront, and become a bit reckless in chasing the ball down.

Twice the width of the post denied us before Willian's goal. I can't remember Courtois being troubled too much in the game, such was the organisation in defence and midfield. It just goes to show what this team can actually do when the motivation is there. 

Anyone reading this part of the post who didn't know the score would never have believed it was only a draw :shock1:

40 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

Anyone reading this part of the post who didn't know the score would never have believed it was only a draw :shock1:

You certainly know the result! You're not thick are you treacle? The fact is, overall, we don't have the players as technically gifted as Barcelona, nor for that matter Real Madrid, City or your mob so, as I said before, to go toe to toe with them, would have been tactically stupid. Conte had a plan to negate that and the team carried it out and, bar the mistake which gifted them the equaliser, it would have been to the letter. No rash tackles but closing them down so that they had to pass the ball and, when a pass did go astray, we pounced and hit them on the counter at pace. We won the League because we were organised, disciplined and the players bought into Conte's football philosophy. Not by blowing teams away. In fact, Spurs might think about trying  a more pragmatic approach to their play as they've only won a League Cup in the last 10 years and nothing else for eons. No, don't tell me, it's not the winning but the taking part that counts. Extremely relevant as far as Tottenham is concerned.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, oldgit said:

You certainly know the result! You're not thick are you treacle? The fact is, overall, we don't have the players as technically gifted as Barcelona, nor for that matter Real Madrid, City or your mob so, as I said before, to go toe to toe with them, would have been tactically stupid. Conte had a plan to negate that and the team carried it out and, bar the mistake which gifted them the equaliser, it would have been to the letter. No rash tackles but closing them down so that they had to pass the ball and, when a pass did go astray, we pounced and hit them on the counter at pace. We won the League because we were organised, disciplined and the players bought into Conte's football philosophy. Not by blowing teams away. In fact, Spurs might think about trying  a more pragmatic approach to their play as they've only won a League Cup in the last 10 years and nothing else for eons. No, don't tell me, it's not the winning but the taking part that counts. Extremely relevant as far as Tottenham is concerned.

A game for the connoisseur. Tactically a masterclass.

:1zgarz5:

Read what i said "Anyone reading this part of the post

It would have been a tactical masterclass (some people might call it parking the bus and relying on 3 quick strikers) as you call it if you had won by 2 or 3 goals and if the tactics of hitting them on the counter attack had worked but it didn't ?  in fact playing 3 midget's further forward meant you not being able to hold on to the ball and consistently giving it back to Barce hence the 27% possession, probably would have counted more with either Giroud or Morratta  to hold up especially as Pedro didn't do too much !

Anyway i'm looking forward to the weekends game, 2 teams parking the bus should really be a sight to behold :shock1:  :biggrin:

Edited by alfieconn

having watch it a second time.our tactics for this particular match was spot on.we actually parked the bus .but it was very easy on the eye..every player put a shift in which pleased me.more than the result.and without sounding biased..i strongly feel taking evrrything into consideration we were stiff not getting a win

15 hours ago, evenstevens said:

This really is painful....maths definately aint your strong point is it???

Nice twist with "the squad" as opposed to "starting 11" subtle but deliberate.

By the way...the "squad 2016/2017"  was 25 players not.... 17.

Try naming my so called "bang average 9" from Tuesday..... I,ll help ya with this one Moses Alonso Pedro Fabregas Willian...Oh! 4 missing... now would that be the 3 plus Dave that i have named so so many times before. (As being class)

Now my call of 7 regular starters on Tuesday which again you say is tripe... Courtouis Dave Alonso Moses Pedro kante Hazard.....who is the missing 4 then???   Luiz Cahill Matic and Costa...so tell me....someone...anyone who started/played more games than that 11 ????

It is bad enough you being insulting,but constantly twisting what is posted....thats just cheap and underhanded.

Man up mush respond properly and correctly to what i post....or ignore it or just <deleted>.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

It is bad enough you being insulting,but constantly twisting what is posted....thats just cheap and underhanded.

Man up mush respond properly and correctly to what i post....or ignore it or just <deleted>.

acknowleged!! now fluff  off you pest

• Thanks 1

just for clarification.i should have posted the following,,    conte went back to the drawing board by naming 9 of his most trusted and in form players to run on  from his squad that won the epl title last season.and it nearly paid divendends..of a very nice win.but at least he is still on life support for the present time.

Edited by evenstevens

25 minutes ago, oldgit said:

If he had said something on the lines of "your club winning the lottery," I would have my suspicions.

was.nt e/s called pd 45 or simarlar  .now we have these 2 fluffing boring old farts cooking up a new gig..now fluff off  .to both

Edited by evenstevens

4 hours ago, alfieconn said:

:1zgarz5:

Read what i said "Anyone reading this part of the post

It would have been a tactical masterclass (some people might call it parking the bus and relying on 3 quick strikers) as you call it if you had won by 2 or 3 goals and if the tactics of hitting them on the counter attack had worked but it didn't ?  in fact playing 3 midget's further forward meant you not being able to hold on to the ball and consistently giving it back to Barce hence the 27% possession, probably would have counted more with either Giroud or Morratta  to hold up especially as Pedro didn't do too much !

Anyway i'm looking forward to the weekends game, 2 teams parking the bus should really be a sight to behold :shock1:  :biggrin:

The three "midgets" as you succinctly call them, worked as hard as anybody in their duties but Pedro, who you grandly proclaimed "didn't do too much" did bundles of work in tracking back as well as supporting our two most creative players, Hazard and Willian, to get forward. Would Giroud  or Morata have worked as hard as Pedro? Unlikely, which is why Conte went with those three initially and, in my opinion, his selection was vindicated. Perhaps Morata could have come on earlier to freshen things up though. Luck wasn't on our side with two of Willian's shots hitting the post before his strike to put us a goal up, damn it!

I hate that "parking the bus" dollop which sounds as though it's been made up by some imbecile on Talksport. I can just imagine the other primates chattering excitedly about this new saying as though it was Wordsworth. Football involves defending as well as going on the attack. Even Liverpool have to defend en masse sometimes!  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldgit said:

The three "midgets" as you succinctly call them, worked as hard as anybody in their duties but Pedro, who you grandly proclaimed "didn't do too much" did bundles of work in tracking back as well as supporting our two most creative players, Hazard and Willian, to get forward. Would Giroud  or Morata have worked as hard as Pedro? Unlikely, which is why Conte went with those three initially and, in my opinion, his selection was vindicated. Perhaps Morata could have come on earlier to freshen things up though. Luck wasn't on our side with two of Willian's shots hitting the post before his strike to put us a goal up, damn it!

I hate that "parking the bus" dollop which sounds as though it's been made up by some imbecile on Talksport. I can just imagine the other primates chattering excitedly about this new saying as though it was Wordsworth. Football involves defending as well as going on the attack. Even Liverpool have to defend en masse sometimes!  

When i said about Pedro "not doing much" i meant in the attacking and playing football sense because that's what i thought he was predominately there for ! but if you rather have him trying to hold the ball up rather than the other 2 big fella's and are happy for an attacking player to make 14 passes, have no shot's, only 1 dribble and spend more time in his own half than the opponents half even though you was playing at home then good for you !

Quite ironic that you say " Football involves defending as well as going on the attack " because you certainly didn't do much attacking so i'm guessing your tactical masterclass quote must have been based on putting 9 or 10 players behind the ball.

Would Giroud  or Morata have worked as hard as Pedro?

Probably not but like iv'e already said they certainly would have held the ball up better and taken some pressure off the defense so much so that perhaps your defence wouldn't have been so frustrated into making a mistake. 

Incidentally  you talk about hitting on the counter attack several times 

hit them on the counter with pace and precision

we pounced and hit them on the counter at pace

like this was part of the Tactical masterclass, but you didn't actually produce anything from a counter attack :ohmy:

Edited by alfieconn

the differences from all your above comments in a nutshell,  is that Conte produced a brilliant tactical plan to nullify Barca, world class brand of football by welding together a unit to carry out his stratgery on the pitch,which was done , to perfection and the rub of the green was ,nt there  to gain a victory, the match was a gem for the football purists who know there footy(tactics being employed by both  sides) bet your bottom dollar that both managers will do plenty of research  or thinking before the return match , and Conte in my view has the edge ,plus the momentum, but only time will tell,its should be a Cracker of a match  for all footy fans

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

the differences from all your above comments in a nutshell,  is that Conte produced a brilliant tactical plan to nullify Barca, world class brand of football by welding together a unit to carry out his stratgery on the pitch,which was done , to perfection and the rub of the green was ,nt there  to gain a victory, the match was a gem for the football purists who know there footy(tactics being employed by both  sides) bet your bottom dollar that both managers will do plenty of research  or thinking before the return match , and Conte in my view has the edge ,plus the momentum, but only time will tell,its should be a Cracker of a match  for all footy fans

I'd say you played the best you can against a team which is technically superior.

Away from home on a ground they have always underperformed Barca will be happy with the draw.

Chelski were unfortunate not to bag a second but on to the second leg.

Barca will be playing a far more offensive game there and you will have to hit them hard on the break with pace and accuracy to win.

I can't see it happening with the frontline of lumbering poverty you have.

Only Morata could do it and he just doesn't look interested.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'd say you played the best you can against a team which is technically superior.

Away from home on a ground they have always underperformed Barca will be happy with the draw.

Barca will be playing a far more offensive game there and you will have to hit them hard on the break with pace and accuracy to win.

What's with the "Chelski", I just don't get it?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

this is where you so called pundits have not any experience in coaching or managering football teams etc etc, in any shape or form  whether its rugby  union/ ,league and so on,when you get to this level the above goe,s out the window, ,its down to your preparation and getting your house into order for the big matchs, on  occasions  a rub of the green decides the outcome,which was against C/sea  the other nite, i  see a penalty shoot out deciding this last 16 fixture

36 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

Make up your mind in another post you said  

we actually parked the bus

:ohmy: :biggrin:

1 hour ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Morata was superb against Atletico at their gaff and I'll be astonished if he isn't relishing the prospect of playing in this match

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, oldgit said:

Morata was superb against Atletico at their gaff and I'll be astonished if he isn't relishing the prospect of playing in this match

Fair point OG but with the level of possession Barca commamded already I feel they will make much better ise of it at home.

Chelsea's midfield will be overrun.

2 hours ago, alfieconn said:

When i said about Pedro "not doing much" i meant in the attacking and playing football sense because that's what i thought he was predominately there for ! but if you rather have him trying to hold the ball up rather than the other 2 big fella's and are happy for an attacking player to make 14 passes, have no shot's, only 1 dribble and spend more time in his own half than the opponents half even though you was playing at home then good for you !

Quite ironic that you say " Football involves defending as well as going on the attack " because you certainly didn't do much attacking so i'm guessing your tactical masterclass quote must have been based on putting 9 or 10 players behind the ball.

Probably not but like iv'e already said they certainly would have held the ball up better and taken some pressure off the defense so much so that perhaps your defence wouldn't have been so frustrated into making a mistake. 

Incidentally  you talk about hitting on the counter attack several times 

like this was part of the Tactical masterclass, but you didn't actually produce anything from a counter attack :ohmy:

What's your name Perry Mason?

• Like 1