Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

9 hours ago, sanemax said:

Although if you had of been , you wouldnt now be living in Thailand 

Roman bought Chelsea for 140 Million quid , its now worth 2 Billion, although he wants 3

Astute businessman not living in Thailand 

It does look now as though his investment might well pay off handsomely even given the cash he has invested in the club....tidy little profit!

• Replies 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Thank thuckk there is a mute button and i can shut that twatt Dury up.....and his side kick.

Waxing f***ing lyrical every other word. He thinks he's the Oscar Wilde of commentators. And Jim "kinda like, you know, kinda like" Beglin is just useless.

Only just seen the complete match as a thunderstorm here in Patts wiped out the 2nd half. Thanks again to my mate Og for giving me a full running commentary of the last 15 minutes. ???? (not enough credit on me phone for the full 45)

Cant pick a mot match,Luiz Rudiger Alonso and Kojak all contenders....guess i,ll have to give it to that girl who was in goal..Alicesun.put your house on Hazard to score and 2 nil that would have been game over imo.A very good clean and fair game.

Jurgen Norbert Klopp has had three years to get to this stage of Liverpool's development. Their passing is exceptional, they have a very dangerous attacking trio, full of pace and skill, their transition from defence to attack is quick and decisive, their midfield is settled as is their defence and they are as fit as fleas. Maurizio Sarri, on the other hand, has had a smidgen of a pre season and two months to get his message across, to get the squad fitter than they've ever been to meet his demands of the 'high press'. No surprise then that we were under the cosh for parts of the game, especially in the second half.

This Liverpool team is at the peak of it's powers and have their best chance in ages of winning the League but, with a win and a draw this week, we're not that far adrift......even Sarri stated he was surprised with the progress the squad had made in such a short time.

9 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Should of done the chavs, had the chances but still not firing on all fours and still unbeaten in the league.

Should've or should have is the correct pronunciation. You don't say "I of enough time to go to the match", do you?

Just now, oldgit said:

Jurgen Norbert Klopp has had three years to get to this stage of Liverpool's development. Their passing is exceptional, they have a very dangerous attacking trio, full of pace and skill, their transition from defence to attack is quick and decisive, their midfield is settled as is their defence and they are as fit as fleas. Maurizio Sarri, on the other hand, has had a smidgen of a pre season and two months to get his message across, to get the squad fitter than they've ever been to meet his demands of the 'high press'. No surprise then that we were under the cosh for parts of the game, especially in the second half.

This Liverpool team is at the peak of it's powers and have their best chance in ages of winning the League but, with a win and a draw this week, we're not that far adrift......even Sarri stated he was surprised with the progress the squad had made in such a short time.

Rubbish. Our forwards dropped the ball. Had they been at 70% you would have been slaughtered.

39 minutes ago, oldgit said:

All fair points on Klopp's Liverpool and Sarri's Chelsea. It is worth  adding though that Chelsea have been Premier champs twice out of the previous four seasons and only 15 months ago Chelsea were Premier champions so Sarri is not exactly starting from scratch but has the nucleus of a Premiership challenging  team/squad.

44 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

All fair points on Klopp's Liverpool and Sarri's Chelsea. It is worth  adding though that Chelsea have been Premier champs twice out of the previous four seasons and only 15 months ago Chelsea were Premier champions so Sarri is not exactly starting from scratch but has the nucleus of a Premiership challenging  team/squad.

Fair point BB, but it's the increased fitness element I'm most pleased about. Kovacic is a big surprise with his power and work ethic. Not exactly a Real Madrid trait although Luka Modric may have influenced him in that respect. 

3 minutes ago, oldgit said:

Fair point BB, but it's the increased fitness element I'm most pleased about. Kovacic is a big surprise with his power and work ethic. Not exactly a Real Madrid trait although Luka Modric may have influenced him in that respect. 

Whether the fitness level has increased as much as you think won't become apparent this early in the season.  

Getting Kovacic and part of the Courtois transfer was a fantastic piece of business.  A trio of him, Hazard and Kante in midfield is a managers dream, all offering something different.

Just now, oldgit said:

Peak of it's powers? It's not even clicked yet this season so when it does you will be right. What we saw last night was our attack having a bad day at the office. Multiple chances to put it to bed and you played like you were the away team.

Nice bus.

2 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Peak of it's powers? It's not even clicked yet this season so when it does you will be right. What we saw last night was our attack having a bad day at the office. Multiple chances to put it to bed and you played like you were the away team.

Nice bus.

You really are getting carried away.  Calm down.  The league cup has already exposed the weakness in defensive back up.  You'd be better keeping fingers crossed that you have an injury free month from what i've seen of your lesser squad members, rather than tempting fate.

Not a bad game that...i was impressed by the opposition who defended well,were very organized and had a few chances of there own. Loftus cheek had a couple of great moments in there box with some really great footwork,but nothing came of it and if he wants a regular spot then he has to do more than he did last night.Emerson was really good imo and had a least 3 slalom type runs where he beat 3/4/5 players in the process.Morata worked hard and got his goal...good for him. I would reward his effort by starting him on Sunday....but i aint in charge. Barclay....as said before looks ridiculously fit and covers the ground with relative ease....but that crucial game changeing game opening pass....alas it just aint there....(yet??)

• 2 weeks later...

I found it amusing that Hazard happened to go on the 'Mourinho charm offensive' directly before our game against United. Could he be indicating that he's his biggest fan therefore, don't plan too much rough stuff on me?

Whatever, United have been ordinary all season and are in turmoil. Mourinho, in his dotage, has managed to upset important players yet again, not only Pogba but Antonio Valencia, the former captain and no doubt, influential in the dressing room. I expect us to win this game comfortably.

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 5:23 PM, oldgit said:

I found it amusing that Hazard happened to go on the 'Mourinho charm offensive' directly before our game against United. Could he be indicating that he's his biggest fan therefore, don't plan too much rough stuff on me?

Whatever, United have been ordinary all season and are in turmoil. Mourinho, in his dotage, has managed to upset important players yet again, not only Pogba but Antonio Valencia, the former captain and no doubt, influential in the dressing room. I expect us to win this game comfortably.

You should know beter that making predictions in the EPL.Quieten Hazard down as Young mostly did and its a diffrent game. Valencia was punished for accidently "liking" a post that said Mourinho should leave.Valencia apologised p;ayers should stay off social media,a lesson he's no doubt learnt.He wouldnt have played in this game anyway ,legs are gone.

Archived