Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

2 hours ago, jellydog said:

I'd guess Sarri will get around to that eventually, but maybe he's in an if it ain't broke don't fix it mode. Plus, its nice to have Giroud's energy available late in matches.

Heck of a start to the season for Chelsea. I, for one, didn't expect it and thought Hazard would be in Paris or Madrid by this time.

Yep it is a good start....and hopefully if we have a good finish,then i would not expect Hazard to go anywhere. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, jellydog said:

I'd guess Sarri will get around to that eventually, but maybe he's in an if it ain't broke don't fix it mode. Plus, its nice to have Giroud's energy available late in matches.

Heck of a start to the season for Chelsea. I, for one, didn't expect it and thought Hazard would be in Paris or Madrid by this time.

Giroud.s energy should be contained to the attacking end of the pitch. His 'enthusiastic' defending gives me palpitations.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Here's one for u chav fans.. 4 the last 8 years no prem team startin in the eur lge has qualified for the champs lge by finishing in the top 4.?

You mean your mob aint never finished in the top 4 or even sniffed a chance at winning it.

This is Chelsea your talking about now......serial winners who know how to cross the finishing line,even when we are shiyte.....i give you last seasons FA Cup.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

Here's one for u chav fans.. 4 the last 8 years no prem team startin in the eur lge has qualified for the champs lge by finishing in the top 4.?

That's an interesting statistic .

Although, do you know how prem teams starting in the Europa league have actually qualified for the Champs league by finishing fourth , in the last eight years .

(BTW, my maths isnt too good)

The Premier League's back, thank gawd, so we have Cardiff in our way to make it 5 wins out of 5. I put them on a par with Huddersfield. They've got a couple of logs of wood at the back, slow of foot but good in the air, a nippy but average midfield and a below par attack. Warnock's promising to 'give bit a go' home and away. I'll believe it when I see it. They have looked motivated at home but pedestrian away. This will be a huge shock if we don't get three points here whoever we put out, taking into account we've got PAOK away on Thursday. Complacency will be our biggest problem against this type of opposition. They could knick a goal from a corner or set piece, but we should have far too much for one of the weakest teams in the League.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, oldgit said:

The Premier League's back, thank gawd, so we have Cardiff in our way to make it 5 wins out of 5. I put them on a par with Huddersfield. They've got a couple of logs of wood at the back, slow of foot but good in the air, a nippy but average midfield and a below par attack. Warnock's promising to 'give bit a go' home and away. I'll believe it when I see it. They have looked motivated at home but pedestrian away. This will be a huge shock if we don't get three points here whoever we put out, taking into account we've got PAOK away on Thursday. Complacency will be our biggest problem against this type of opposition. They could knick a goal from a corner or set piece, but we should have far too much for one of the weakest teams in the League.

Agreed they aint got anything to worry us... 3pts 5 out of 5.

Bit dissapointed that garden gnome Martinez played Hazard for the full 90 again,especially seeing there game was over as a contest before half-time.

• Like 2

1/6 on to win......love it from a betting point of view when we go behind 1/6 then turns into 4/6. Match result was never in doubt, Hazard being the Star Man Again was never in doubt....us to  concede, unfortunately also was never in doubt. Having said that we were a bit better at the back,and apart from there goal i dont think our "Keepar"  had to make one save. Looking  forward to Thursday /Friday and hopefully seeing a completely different 11 take to the field...could be a real eye opener.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

1/6 on to win......love it from a betting point of view when we go behind 1/6 then turns into 4/6. Match result was never in doubt, Hazard being the Star Man Again was never in doubt....us to  concede, unfortunately also was never in doubt. Having said that we were a bit better at the back,and apart from there goal i dont think our "Keepar"  had to make one save. Looking  forward to Thursday /Friday and hopefully seeing a completely different 11 take to the field...could be a real eye opener.

Appalling defending for their goal though. I'm not a fan of this zonal marking system as it allows the opposition a few unhindered yards to run at the ball, and when you've got big units like Cardiff had, they take a bit of stopping. Azpilicueta's worrying me as I don't think he's that comfortable playing as a right wing back these days. He seems to have lost a bit of foot. I wonder how much Stuttgart want for that lad Pavard? He was brilliant for France in the World Cup. Negatives aside, we're five out of five and top of the League. Not a bad start by Maurizio at all!

• Like 1

As 1 nil wins go that was a hammering,could and should have been 4 or 5 such was our dominance. Barclay played well and looks super-fit,he does tend to underhit a few passes though. Rudiger solid as ever at the back. Morata just has to work a little bit harder,cant afford for him to get stroppy and sulky and then play the rest of the season with just Giroud.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

As 1 nil wins go that was a hammering,could and should have been 4 or 5 such was our dominance. Barclay played well and looks super-fit,he does tend to underhit a few passes though. Rudiger solid as ever at the back. Morata just has to work a little bit harder,cant afford for him to get stroppy and sulky and then play the rest of the season with just Giroud.

Yes Keith, Morata was muttering away, beating himself up when he was substituted. His movement is nowhere near as confident and smooth as it should be. Rudiger was a rock at the back but he's got a mean streak in him which needs to be controlled. I like Barkley because he looks like he's settled in really well and is now showing the ability and class he's always possessed. Plenty of games for him and Kovacic to fight over bragging rights for that midfield place.

• Like 1

Just now, BangrakBob said:

Half decent test for you lads this weekend, Hammers looked good against the Ev last week. 

3-2 Hammers ?

Yh I'm backing that. I fancy the hammers to do the chavs

Edited by Rc2702
Keith I love you

12 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Half decent test for you lads this weekend, Hammers looked good against the Ev last week. 

3-2 Hammers ?

A bit better than they looked at home to Bournemouth then???

The only thing they,ll get 3 of is yellow cards  Zaba Rice and not so Noble

• Like 2

Felt like a loss that did. We did have goods moments in the game and there was some nice football but no real cutting edge at the business end.

Could put a league table up of how many passes we had .....but that's just <deleted> childish and pointless,and only belongs on another Teams thread....along with a whole host of very Uninteresting facts.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

Felt like a loss that did. We did have goods moments in the game and there was some nice football but no real cutting edge at the business end.

Could put a league table up of how many passes we had .....but that's just <deleted> childish and pointless,and only belongs on another Teams thread....along with a whole host of very Uninteresting facts.

Looked like a game for a Fabregas through ball or two to me. Not enough patience in the final third.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

You missed the bit about West Ham missing the easiest of chances and should have walked away with three points.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, keithsimmonds said:

giphy-tumblr.gif