Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

• Replies 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Felt like a loss that did. We did have goods moments in the game and there was some nice football but no real cutting edge at the business end.

Could put a league table up of how many passes we had .....but that's just <deleted> childish and pointless,and only belongs on another Teams thread....along with a whole host of very Uninteresting facts.

Even though he'd had a week's rest, Hazard looked lethargic. And when he doesn't play well, the team doesn't. Time for Kovacic and Barkley to remove the shackles of looking for the 'Hazard outlet' most of the time and take more responsibility. They've both got the skill and pace to let loose and attack the opposing defence more than they do. That will come though, with confidence from within themselves and from their team mates

1 hour ago, oldgit said:

Even though he'd had a week's rest, Hazard looked lethargic. And when he doesn't play well, the team doesn't. Time for Kovacic and Barkley to remove the shackles of looking for the 'Hazard outlet' most of the time and take more responsibility. They've both got the skill and pace to let loose and attack the opposing defence more than they do. That will come though, with confidence from within themselves and from their team mates

Yes mate he did look a little lethargic and they did there homework and had 2 players on both him and Giroud. To put it bluntly we hit a brick wall and ran out ideas. Fabregas might have been better in the "quarterback" role than jorhino,but hindsight is a wonderful thing. On the plus side its a point more than we got there last year.

There's a lot of debate on the role Kante has, in the three man midfield, where he is being asked by Sarri to play higher up the pitch. I can understand his thinking as, with his high intensity pressing game, he wants Kante to win the ball further up the pitch, generally 'hunting down' the centre backs or the holding midfielder rather than, as seasons before, lying deeper and confronting the opposition's attacking midfielders. The problem with that is, the other team's defenders, when Kante is 'on the hoof',  have the play in front of them and have multiple options to get rid of the ball while an attacking midfielder had to have eyes in the back of his head to see where Kante was! 

Again, it depends on how the opposition line up. If they sit back and look to counter, that penalty area can get very congested, especially when our defence push up as well. In that scenario, I would play Kante deeper, so that when they counter, he can see where the danger is and pick them off.

In a more open game, as it will be against Liverpool next Saturday, and with the considerable danger they pose with their front three, give him a chance to do what he does best and snuff out any attacks in a slightly deeper role. Either Hazard, Kovacic, Willian/Pedro and Giroud can do the work of closing down the defender when he has the ball. We've definitely got to show more energy than we did against West Ham.

39 minutes ago, oldgit said:

There's a lot of debate on the role Kante has, in the three man midfield, where he is being asked by Sarri to play higher up the pitch. I can understand his thinking as, with his high intensity pressing game, he wants Kante to win the ball further up the pitch, generally 'hunting down' the centre backs or the holding midfielder rather than, as seasons before, lying deeper and confronting the opposition's attacking midfielders. The problem with that is, the other team's defenders, when Kante is 'on the hoof',  have the play in front of them and have multiple options to get rid of the ball while an attacking midfielder had to have eyes in the back of his head to see where Kante was! 

Again, it depends on how the opposition line up. If they sit back and look to counter, that penalty area can get very congested, especially when our defence push up as well. In that scenario, I would play Kante deeper, so that when they counter, he can see where the danger is and pick them off.

In a more open game, as it will be against Liverpool next Saturday, and with the considerable danger they pose with their front three, give him a chance to do what he does best and snuff out any attacks in a slightly deeper role. Either Hazard, Kovacic, Willian/Pedro and Giroud can do the work of closing down the defender when he has the ball. We've definitely got to show more energy than we did against West Ham.

Strikes me that Sarri has had Kante play right side of the central midfield that simply doesn't suit him, and i've read this reported also.  He's the best in the league in his natural position so why not leave him there.  If he doesn't play Kante in a defensive midfield role against Liverpool it could be a painful afternoon for Chelsea.  Both backs will need to stay deeper too for that matter or they will keep getting in behind you.

1 hour ago, oldgit said:

Still early days Og.  Sarri has had even less time than Conte did to get the team playing how he wants, and Conte ripped up his playbook after 6 games.

Looking forward to Thursday morning,see what changes Sarri makes for that game.

Regarding Alfies insight in to the workings of TV Football forum, allow me to add mine.

There are those of us who try to post 'in the spirit of a football forum' - not necessary to mention who we are - and then there are those who just make negative 'sniper' posts deriding the posts of others cause it's easier - you know who you are!

Just now, Bredbury Blue said:

Regarding Alfies insight in to the workings of TV Football forum, allow me to add mine.

There are those of us who try to post 'in the spirit of a football forum' - not necessary to mention who we are - and then there are those who just make negative 'sniper' posts deriding the posts of others cause it's easier - you know who you are!

"The spirit of the football forum"

I hazard a guess the discussion may be about football and in some cases the snipers will pounce if you are caught providing inaccurate information and show a lack of knowledge, especially in the event of one's own team. This happens an awful lot but is valuable as it creates discussion and this is a forum and therefore requires contributions.

Those inaccuracies should be highlighted and the differences of opinion are just that and should not be taken too seriously even they are often drawn out over long periods by posters.

Banter is a big part of football it is demonstrated by rival fans worldwide.

The chavs thread is a very knowledgeable thread and focuses on team tactics/selection and they keep themselves very tight (unlike their defence this next week) and rarely venture out of their own thread. 

Is this the blueprint for the footy forum to stick with your own kind and be segregated from other fans? 

I hope not but if that is what you seek there is a button for that but that button also needs to used by disciplined people. Some just cannot help themselves. 

Just watched Zola hold the press conference for tomorrows game,he was like a dog with 2 dicks,never seen the bloke so excited and bubbly (caddied for him at least 3 times,miserable competitive little git ????)

says  "we will take the game seriously and and put out a strong side" and he meant it. No Rudiger Pedro or Loftus cheek though all still injured,but Cho and Ampudu  are in the squad. 

I didn't know that after 90mins..it goes straight to penalties...no extra time....

10 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Just watched Zola hold the press conference for tomorrows game,he was like a dog with 2 dicks,never seen the bloke so excited and bubbly (caddied for him at least 3 times,miserable competitive little git ????)

says  "we will take the game seriously and and put out a strong side" and he meant it. No Rudiger Pedro or Loftus cheek though all still injured,but Cho and Ampudu  are in the squad. 

I didn't know that after 90mins..it goes straight to penalties...no extra time....

Great idea to cut out the extra time and replays and go straight to Penalties.

Good 1st half for us. Kojak a joy to watch and the only player bar (hazard) who is not afraid of running with the ball when surrounded and in tight spaces. On this showing Victor is way in front of Kante in the wide right role (no brainer).  Just put Kante back we here should be. Emerson looks a little nervous but it is Anfield and its his first start this season. Willian (Shakespeare) much to do about nothing. coyb

Just now, keithsimmonds said:

Good 1st half for us. Kojak a joy to watch and the only player bar (hazard) who is not afraid of running with the ball when surrounded and in tight spaces. On this showing Victor is way in front of Kante in the wide right role (no brainer).  Just put Kante back we here should be. Emerson looks a little nervous but it is Anfield and its his first start this season. Willian (Shakespeare) much to do about nothing. coyb

Sturridge has scored for you cheggers......

oh sugar sorry pal he's scored for us. 

7 hours ago, sanemax said:

Although the Swiss Police just said "suspicion" and "presumed" and they didnt give any proof or evidence what so ever .

But the fact that he's 'suspected' of and he's taken court injuctions on media coverage suggests theres something to hide .. ie enough to want to keep him away from jolly old russshahh.. but u cant complain you've had a bloody good ride on his dollar..

28 minutes ago, 3 minus 2 said:

But the fact that he's 'suspected' of and he's taken court injuctions on media coverage suggests theres something to hide .. ie enough to want to keep him away from jolly old russshahh.. but u cant complain you've had a bloody good ride on his dollar..

Do you have any facts to show any wrongdoing ?

Taking Court injunctions to stop others from making false allegations , doesnt mean that those false allegations are true 

58 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Do you have any facts to show any wrongdoing ?

Taking Court injunctions to stop others from making false allegations , doesnt mean that those false allegations are true 

No but it means there is enough 'evidence' for the mogul to react.. no smoke without fire...and now it aint just us being wary of him it and his wedges acountabilty . arguably better late than never  however ...

the guys dodgy.. end of. And now he's getting found out.. such a hard life, i'm sure he aint gonna starve or worry bout the electric bill or health care  . As for you lot mathew harding pushed you along until your current benefactor walked  in and saved your sorry <deleted> .

For you . shame all good things come to an end. Be an interesting time watching the transition, would it be fair to say the sooner the better? Cos as eggs are eggs him going,  its gonna happen

Dave you have got to play better than mate,much better or else. Christensen...sorry lad but those mistakes will cost us and should have done last night,that is going back to last year far far too many stupid errors.

Barclay..you played in the Blue of Everton now you are in the All Blue of Chelsea...for pity's sake stop passing to the other team...are you colour blind? Also on Barclay i think his brain is 3 seconds in front of his body......he can see a pass or a passage of play happening but cant execute that crucial ball quick enough,even his ball to Willian against Paok was almost behind him. I know i,m slaughtering some of my team ...and we bloody won.

With more game time i would have Emerson in front of our no (10) Alonso and Moses has to be found a spot on the bench at least,Cahill on last nights evidence has still got something to offer imo

All in all a nice headache for Sarri.

Great goal by Hazard and good win for Chelsea but i can't help thinking Sarri needs to keep certain players deeper and in particular in their chosen positions next weekend against a full strength Liverpool or you will find yourselves getting undone.

Hazard has to be the best player in the league right now. 

29 minutes ago, oldgit said:

Moreno decided to look for Hazard in his own penalty area, but couldn't find him there either!

Moreno can't find his own <deleted>.

That back 5 were a nightmarish reminder of days gone by, and that we are only one or 2 injuries from being found it with players like morono. 

On 6/11/2018 at 12:06 PM, carmine said:

The sale of Craven Cottage is far from simple as Al Fayad found out when he was owner because part of it is Grade 2 listed

Well, this next match between two of the EPL giants is IMO of far greater importance and significance that the Cabalaro game. As is so often the way; rarely get two results the same in back to back games in different competitions. Going to be interesting!

Archived