Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

I think Hazard was guilty of not releasing the ball early enough and thus slowing down the play.

Time and time again Young stood his ground but Hazard didn't release.  Great player that he is but i don't think that particularly helped in a game that could have been won in the first half.

• Replies 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Sparkles said:

You should know beter that making predictions in the EPL.Quieten Hazard down as Young mostly did and its a diffrent game. Valencia was punished for accidently "liking" a post that said Mourinho should leave.Valencia apologised p;ayers should stay off social media,a lesson he's no doubt learnt.He wouldnt have played in this game anyway ,legs are gone.

At least I put my opinion on the line, unlike others who sit on the fence and then leap off of it AFTER the result. 'Accident ally liked a post ?' Oh, I know, his finger slipped. Do me a favour.

It was all a bit laboured and predictable. It didn't help that Willian and Morata in particular when receiving the ball, couldn't make it stick. Both were very disappointing overall. Young and Matic were up Hazard's backside from the off, and did their job of slowing him up. Sarri pointed to the International break and said that it interrupted his ongoing tactical work with the team. I must admit, I did notice plenty of long balls out of defence, especially by Luiz. Kovacic was neat and tidy in his link up play, but he needs to take on more responsibilty and be positive. He's definitely got the talent.

Saying all that, United seemed to put their differences with Mourinho behind them and were physical, disciplined and worked hard.

16 minutes ago, oldgit said:

At least I put my opinion on the line, unlike others who sit on the fence and then leap off of it AFTER the result. 'Accident ally liked a post ?' Oh, I know, his finger slipped. Do me a favour.

I agreed with your initial post for what its worth and thought Chelsea would boss the game and win.  In truth all the signs were there in the first half and maybe more credit should go to United for their second half display rather than whether or not it was a poor second half performance by Chelsea.

For the neutral it was a great game to watch and that took participation of both sides the draw being a fair result.

We should have put that game to bed in the first half. Both Dave and Alonso cannot defend full stop. Dave looks over his shoulder sees Martial on his own does he go and pick him up/close him down.....no!!!

Alonso just leaves himself in no mans land when goes forward.

On paper and on the pitch united,s front 3 are way better than our front one.....any combination of Pedro Giroud Morata and Willian just aint good enough against Top opposition.

Having said that i don,t think Morata had any service to speak of.  United might feel aggrieved not to get all 3 points,but for the 1st 45 minutes they did F.A.

4 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

We should have put that game to bed in the first half. Both Dave and Alonso cannot defend full stop. Dave looks over his shoulder sees Martial on his own does he go and pick him up/close him down.....no!!!

Alonso just leaves himself in no mans land when goes forward.

On paper and on the pitch united,s front 3 are way better than our front one.....any combination of Pedro Giroud Morata and Willian just aint good enough against Top opposition.

Having said that i don,t think Morata had any service to speak of.  United might feel aggrieved not to get all 3 points,but for the 1st 45 minutes they did F.A.

The boot was on the other foot this time Keith. It was our turn to have a massive thunder/lightning storm which knocked out the electricity for most of the second half and the other Premier League games after. So I missed Alonso's bulls-up, Barkley's equaliser and the shenanigans on the touch line.

3 hours ago, oldgit said:

The boot was on the other foot this time Keith. It was our turn to have a massive thunder/lightning storm which knocked out the electricity for most of the second half and the other Premier League games after. So I missed Alonso's bulls-up, Barkley's equaliser and the shenanigans on the touch line.

Unfortunately Og .....there are going to be more occasions of Alonso and Dave,s complete and utter ineptitude to defend for you to witness. Neither of them can tackle and neither of them force there opponent to think twice about taking them on. All the goals we have conceded have come from crosses from both flanks.

I had to laugh at the expression on Alonso,s face when he made his gaff.....he reminded me of a very old David Hasselhoff....who thought thukk it i aint gonna run after that fukker...i just ain,t got the legs.

3 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Unfortunately Og .....there are going to be more occasions of Alonso and Dave,s complete and utter ineptitude to defend for you to witness. Neither of them can tackle and neither of them force there opponent to think twice about taking them on. All the goals we have conceded have come from crosses from both flanks.

I had to laugh at the expression on Alonso,s face when he made his gaff.....he reminded me of a very old David Hasselhoff....who thought thukk it i aint gonna run after that fukker...i just ain,t got the legs.

is alonso over rated ?commentators seem to rate him

, tbh i've never been  a fan 

11 hours ago, 3 minus 2 said:

is alonso over rated ?commentators seem to rate him

, tbh i've never been  a fan 

He can ghost into the penalty area unnoticed and score a goal or 2 has a good free kick on him,but he is supposed to be a left back.....i would have Emerson in front of him in the pecking order.....but then again i would not have sold Ryan Bertrand  Patrick van Aanholt or Felipe Luis.

Just my opinion though.

Very easy to get carried away by man u second half performance,or was it just that they scored 2 goals and therefore camouflaged just an average performance......sour grapes....nah look again. Our keeper had one save to make that was all, United,s 1st time in our box was 9 minutes into the 2nd half..they scored. Prior to that Morata had decent chance to get us 2 up then a nice peace of play between Hazard and Luiz could also have got us 2 up. 18mins of non stop pushing by us to get the lead back ends up with united scoring again out of nowhere,totally against the run of play,yet commentators alike and neutral fans see this as united are back....back my arssse.

Luiz then has a header narrowly wide, Kante shot well saved by De gea Dave blast over the top hazard wide of the mark Giroud nearly gets on the end of one too.Rudiger shot blocked Barclay shot blocked....then the much deserved equalizer.

Try and find any passage of play in that game where united were camped outside our box and peppering our goal......or where they strung more than 6 passes together...your time starts now.

That was a comfortable win as you could possibly get. Rlc can be pleased with his nights work,and imo could well be the answer to play upfront. Nice problem for Sarri to have. Willian and Pedro.....boy they are average imho. I would have Emerson all day ahead of Alonso,cant count the amount of times he went past his opponent, both on the inside and outside.

35 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

That was a comfortable win as you could possibly get. Rlc can be pleased with his nights work,and imo could well be the answer to play upfront. Nice problem for Sarri to have. Willian and Pedro.....boy they are average imho. I would have Emerson all day ahead of Alonso,cant count the amount of times he went past his opponent, both on the inside and outside.

Yes, and Zappacosta enjoyed himself as well. He had that wing back of there's in his back pocket. Kovacic was given a free role with more responsibility and did well. I don't think Emerson will be replacing Alonso any time soon, Keith, not after Sarri describing him as "one of the best wing backs in Europe." Special mention for that free kick that led to BATE's goal. An absolute pearler placed on a thrupenny bit. We haven't got anybody that's as accurate as that.

3 hours ago, oldgit said:

Yes, and Zappacosta enjoyed himself as well. He had that wing back of there's in his back pocket. Kovacic was given a free role with more responsibility and did well. I don't think Emerson will be replacing Alonso any time soon, Keith, not after Sarri describing him as "one of the best wing backs in Europe." Special mention for that free kick that led to BATE's goal. An absolute pearler placed on a thrupenny bit. We haven't got anybody that's as accurate as that.

Yep it was a right pearler,cant really defend against something as good as that.

Emerson did more last night than Alonso has done all season,imo just dont get the adulation that some have for him. He is the only player that comes off the pitch at the end of game haveing not broken sweat.

I hear Jose has to go into to hospital.....to have Gary Neville,s head removed from his arssse.

Bit of a blow....no Hazard,time for Morata to step up and Man up....maybe Willian will shine...for more than 2 moves and 5 minutes. Big game for the (Toblerone man) Jorghinio...think he is down to take any spot-kicks in Hazards absence. This has now turned out to be a massive game for us with Hazard not playing.....got to show that we are not reliant on one man.....time will tell. coyb????

Well that was the nuts...take a bow our Blue Machine....relentless. Rudiger Kante Barkley and tough guy Morata,all stand outs for me. Good second half from Willian nice touches and hold up play from Rlc and some good stuff from the Toblerone man.

A proper solid performance against a rather dirty side. Not sure which if any of our players were not put on there arsse at one time or another......that aint football.imo

Unfortunately I couldn’t watch the match but listened to the Chelsea tv radio commentary. Apart from the first 10 minutes of each half where Burnley pressed hard and penned us back a bit we totally dominated that game and if it wasn’t for Joe Hart making several world class saves it could have been 7 or 8.
It sounded like Willian put in a decent performance which is another positive after several mediocre games for him.

Also Morata managed to get the ball to stick which has been sadly lacking possibly due to a lack of confidence.

I look forward to watching the full 90 minutes tomorrow night

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

Bit of a blow....no Hazard,time for Morata to step up and Man up....maybe Willian will shine...for more than 2 moves and 5 minutes. Big game for the (Toblerone man) Jorghinio...think he is down to take any spot-kicks in Hazards absence. This has now turned out to be a massive game for us with Hazard not playing.....got to show that we are not reliant on one man.....time will tell. coyb????

Finally a decent scoreline and without Hazard and Pedro on the pitch as well.  Goal difference may be all important come the end of the season with City and Liverpool scoring freely.

You hear it every week from managers, remembering to keep the competitive Premier League flag flying at full mast, "There are no easy games in the Premier League." Well, that was the most one sided event in the Premier League calendar. Burnley are a team devoid of pace, desire (that element got them through in seasons past) and quality, so players like Willian were in their element, accelerating away and leaving tortoises in his wake. It was embarrassingly easy and it was only when Morata got into a face up with their centre backs and Willian got booked for diving, that they came to life for a couple of minutes. This game was a confidence booster for the team in general and Morata in particular, especially without Hazard in the line up. Rudiger dealt with the log of wood up front with ease and was the stand out defender, passing the ball out of defence with authority while our interplay in midfield left them punch drunk. 

14 hours ago, MrTrip said:

Unfortunately I couldn’t watch the match but listened to the Chelsea tv radio commentary. Apart from the first 10 minutes of each half where Burnley pressed hard and penned us back a bit we totally dominated that game and if it wasn’t for Joe Hart making several world class saves it could have been 7 or 8.
It sounded like Willian put in a decent performance which is another positive after several mediocre games for him.

Also Morata managed to get the ball to stick which has been sadly lacking possibly due to a lack of confidence.

Try and skip past the side foot pass by Loughton after 40seconds that completely takes that cart horse Alonso out play .....if you look closely you can see Tortoise running past Alonso trying to rectify his gaff. ????

14 hours ago, MrTrip said:

Try and skip past the side foot pass by Loughton after 40seconds that completely takes that cart horse Alonso out play .....if you look closely you can see a Tortoise running past Alonso trying to rectify his gaff. ????

Not exactly an enthralling game but still a good result with 4 different names on the score sheet. Willian had some great moments as well the annoying habit of losing the ball then just standing there whining, waving his arms and shrugging his shoulders. I suppose if he keeps scoring like he did we can live with the tantrums.

I really wished Giroud’s volley had gone in late on, that could have been goal of the season easily

Derby next with Super Frank being allowed to pick the Chelsea loanees if he chooses. Very unusual

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On 10/29/2018 at 2:02 PM, keithsimmonds said:

Try and skip past the side foot pass by Loughton after 40seconds that completely takes that cart horse Alonso out play .....if you look closely you can see a Tortoise running past Alonso trying to rectify his gaff. ????

Why be so harsh on Alonso? 

Sure that Arsenal + other clubs would dearly have him on their books

John Terry was a slow coach too. u know

3 hours ago, maximuss99 said:

Why be so harsh on Alonso? 

Sure that Arsenal + other clubs would dearly have him on their books

John Terry was a slow coach too. u know

Don,t remember any offers or approaches for him in the summer???

Terry was not a Left Back or Left Wing Back. u know

38 minutes ago, keithsimmonds said:

And despite being a "slow coach"  Terry's positional play was exceptional.  One of the best center backs this country has produced.

2 hours ago, keithsimmonds said:

What has offers or approaches  got to with our discussion ?

Perhaps i can be corrected 

Alonso was never in the market to be sold.!!!

and his  present contract was extended  and rewarded for fitting into Sarri.s sexy style football + he has a mean devil of a free kick in him and ghosts into attacking positions + give.s a solid shift every start

and for clarification was only using John Terry as a prime example that slow coachs can be Top Shelf

in any position.

59 minutes ago, maximuss99 said:

What has offers or approaches  got to with our discussion ?

Perhaps i can be corrected 

Alonso was never in the market to be sold.!!!

and his  present contract was extended  and rewarded for fitting into Sarri.s sexy style football + he has a mean devil of a free kick in him and ghosts into attacking positions + give.s a solid shift every start

and for clarification was only using John Terry as a prime example that slow coachs can be Top Shelf

in any position.

There is no discussion.

Alonso got done up like a kipper after 40 seconds and is too slow to catch a cold;he didn;t even have the excuse of playing Europa league 3 days earlier and his lack of effort to get back into his position makes me wanna puke. Alonso should never be mentioned in the same breath as Terry....one player was "shit hot"and the other is just one of those words imo.

John Terry made mistakes Keith, but he was still a great player.

Alonso made a mistake but whether or not he will be remembered as a great player time will tell.

I like Alonso. Yes we’ve seen plenty of errors but we’ve also seen a considerable amount of chances and goals created by his attacking skills. Then there are the goals to be added to the equation.

On balance I prefer him in the team

Archived