Chelsea Fc Thread

Seapok

1 hour ago, sanemax said:

Do you believe that to be true ?

If his Wife was Thai and living in Thailand , do you think that he would have moved to Thailand and joined a Thai team ?

I dont think that he would have .

I have no way of knowing if it is true or not but as a family man i truly respect him if it is true.

Your thai analogy doesn't  really work for a top level footballer does it.

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I have no way of knowing if it is true or not but as a family man i truly respect him if it is true.

Your thai analogy doesn't  really work for a top level footballer does it.

Surely if the sole reason for moving was to be with his Children , he would go to wherever they are ?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"Chelsea were foolish enough to pay 71m which is a transfer fee, for a keeper who is a good prospect at best"

Think people were saying the same about Ederson at £35 million, becoming the most expensive goalkeeper of all-time, but he now looks to have been a good buy.

Give Kepa a season at least in the Premier before saying foolish or not. He may turn out to be the best goalie around for the next 10 seasons and be a brilliant buy.

A good buy is an understatement, he was the last piece in the puzzle. Redefining the role of the modern keeper, they need to be footballers now, not just shot stoppers. And is why baller goalies are now being valued so highly. 

• Like 1

Surely if the sole reason for moving was to be with his Children , he would go to wherever they are ?

Well he would if he wanted to commit career suicide wouldn't  he and using your example that would  happen  if he moved  to thailand. As a caring father he needs to provide for his kids as well. His choices looking at this sensibly  are limited aren't  they to a club in england ..france..italy and spain. So if he's  moving and wants to be near to his kids his choices probably  limited to Real, Barca and PSG, in that order.

4 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Well he would if he wanted to commit career suicide wouldn't  he and using your example that would  happen  if he moved  to thailand. As a caring father he needs to provide for his kids as well. His choices looking at this sensibly  are limited aren't  they to a club in england ..france..italy and spain. So if he's  moving and wants to be near to his kids his choices probably  limited to Real, Barca and PSG, in that order.

Well, the Thailand reference was just an example .

Would he had moved to say, Sparta Prague , if his Kids lived in Prague ?

Realistically , moving to Madrid was a move to RM AND to be with his kids .

Point is that he didnt move to Madrid solely to be with his Kids .

Going to RM gave him the best of both Worlds .

Statistics eh? Where would we be without some anorak stuffing them down our throats. Back in a bygone age, people trusted their instincts, and used to make up their own minds. That's what makes us human after all. "Data -based decisions doesn't inoculate against irrationality or prejudice" according to some brainbox Yale economist.

Well, the Thailand reference was just an example .

Would he had moved to say, Sparta Prague , if his Kids lived in Prague ?

Realistically , moving to Madrid was a move to RM AND to be with his kids .

Point is that he didnt move to Madrid solely to be with his Kids .

Going to RM gave him the best of both Worlds .

On Sparta P, i believe I've  already answered that analogy: there's only so many clubs who could afford him and they are in the uk, france, italy and spain (possibly germany but unlikely). I doubt he did move solely for his kids but due to various considerations of which his kids may have been towards the top of that list.

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

I work in Saudi and am fortunate to have the family with me. Several blokes come out to earn the money without their families but many of them only last a few years cos they miss them too much

Yep i work in an industry where you're expected to move around and family life can take a 'hit'. Always seemed to me important to have the family around.

14 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

On Sparta P, i believe I've  already answered that analogy: there's only so many clubs who could afford him and they are in the uk, france, italy and spain

The difference between Sparta P and Thailand being that he could earn a living wage in Prague , anyway , with his earnings already , he would already be a multimillionaire and set up for life and not have to work again .

As for his transfer fee , he could go anywhere on a free next year

The difference between Sparta P and Thailand being that he could earn a living wage in Prague , anyway , with his earnings already , he would already be a multimillionaire and set up for life and not have to work again .

As for his transfer fee , he could go anywhere on a free next year

If he'd have been loaned out to Prague, he'd be married to a five foot ten blonde now

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

I work in Saudi and am fortunate to have the family with me. Several blokes come out to earn the money without their families but many of them only last a few years cos they miss them too much

Yeah, but I'm guessing the blokes you worked with didn't have their own private jet to whisk them across to Spain in a couple of hours.

• Like 1

I can't get too carried away against, what must be, the worst team in the Premier League. Most of their players were so slow, they made Alonso look like Usain Bolt. However, it's three points and an easy introduction for Kepa.

• Like 2

Nice of both Dave and Alonso to afford the opposition so much open space down the wings.........stop crosses and you  stop the potential for concedeing goals,not rocket science is it.

Credit to Sarri for making subs at the right time.  Hazard despite not being fully tuned up is... a sheer delight to watch.

• Like 2

Sat in the bar watching the game , 2-0 up.

Hazards running through the middle towards their goal

Jumped off my barstool and shouted to Hazard .

"Pedros on his own" and I pointed to the right hand side where Pedro was unmarked.

Eden must have heard me , passed it straight to him

0-3

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Sat in the bar watching the game , 2-0 up.

Hazards running through the middle towards their goal

Jumped off my barstool and shouted to Hazard .

"Pedros on his own" and I pointed to the right hand side where Pedro was unmarked.

Eden must have heard me , passed it straight to him

0-3

I can just imagine Hazard bursting through the middle towards the box, then getting on to his mobile phone and saying☺️ "What do I do now Max?"

• Like 2

Great opening spell from us,slick passing and constant pressing....then both Dave and Alonso showed sarri why neither of them should be playing in there current positions. With Emerson not even on the bench Alonso cant even be replaced. Willian again frustrates and does not do enough,although he probably thinks different. Kante needs to drop back into his normal position imo he is almost redundant where he is playing.

Moses has got to come on in the 2nd half imo

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Ya gotta feel for Emery with two tough openers.

Not feeling it?

Me neither bwahahaha.

The only thing you can bank on with arenal is xhaka getting booked. Very strange team with some real quality individuals but not a team. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

The only thing you can bank on with arenal is xhaka getting booked. Very strange team with some real quality individuals but not a team. 

Yes bizarre to watch mostly with flashes of true quality.

• Like 1

That was a bit of a roller coaster!  In the first half, we produced some superb slick passing in attack but couldn't defend to save our lives, mainly due, as Keith said, to the left and right flanks being wide open to the ball into the penalty area where no one was willing to track the runner. Going into the break, the players looked tired and, at the same time, relieved that the score was 2-2.

So what does Sarri do? He doesn't tell them to ease off and play safety first, but says 'Press even higher and believe in the system, yourselves and your team mates, play the game in their half'. Great to watch the team smother Arsenal so they couldn't breathe and then the coup de grace, Hazard with Kovacic showing some classy football. Yes, this season is going to be exciting wherever it takes us, and it's going to need every member of the squad to step up when required, because it's going to test every player's endurance and stamina

• Like 1