Subway gone!

jobin

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this old thread and wanted to post a picture of Ragu's sandwiches. The thread was classic ThaiVisa. You can get a sandwich at Ragu at The Promenada when you are doing your 90 day or order from Meals On Wheels. They are not 69 Baht though. You will get some meat and cheese on these sandwiches and some might not want to spend the cash. To those I suggest you buy 100 grams of this and that and a few rolls and make your own sandwiches. All the deli is available to go or for delivery. And for those who dine in you can get a 10% discount on deli items when you buy at the same visit.post-118584-0-22250000-1468313742_thumb.post-118584-0-00604200-1468313759_thumb.post-118584-0-82587000-1468313779_thumb.

And just in case you are wondering, Ragu is part of The Duke's Restaurant Group and, yes we do pay for advertisement here on ThaiVisa. Order a sandwich or don't. It's a semi-free country.

D

Dave, how can you compete with 7-11 product and Thai Visa gourmands? 555

And just in case you are wondering, Ragu is part of The Duke's Restaurant Group and, yes we do pay for advertisement here on ThaiVisa. Order a sandwich or don't. It's a semi-free country.

D

We ate there on Sunday and the food was simply excellent, we both really enjoyed our meals. We weren't impressed the first time around but that was over a year ago, since then any attempt to retry kept getting outvoted by Fuji. Am pleased to announce that Ragu has now overtaken Fuji in the "where to eat stakes" at Prom.

I found this old thread and wanted to post a picture of Ragu's sandwiches. The thread was classic ThaiVisa. You can get a sandwich at Ragu at The Promenada when you are doing your 90 day or order from Meals On Wheels. They are not 69 Baht though. You will get some meat and cheese on these sandwiches and some might not want to spend the cash. To those I suggest you buy 100 grams of this and that and a few rolls and make your own sandwiches. All the deli is available to go or for delivery. And for those who dine in you can get a 10% discount on deli items when you buy at the same visit.attachicon.gifIMG_7343.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_7423.JPGattachicon.gifgerman style ham and jam.jpg

I only eat cucumber sandwiches. These are far too vulgar.

Like most Asian countries, bread in Thailand is supposed to be gunky and tasteless - to be used for... who knows what! The sandwiches at 7/11 are crap.

Give me a sandwich made with a bagel as they make in Vietnam, and I would buy it.

Yea, you can't beat The samiges from the Ho Chi Mihn kosher deli. Their baguets are pretty good too.

Edited by daoyai

Like most Asian countries, bread in Thailand is supposed to be gunky and tasteless - to be used for... who knows what! The sandwiches at 7/11 are crap.

Give me a sandwich made with a bagel as they make in Vietnam, and I would buy it.

Yeh you got to love those Vietnamese bagel sandwiches, they learned how to do it right from the large Jewish community there before they blew them away at Diem Ben Phu or some such place.

You really know your bread Streetsweeper.

D

Yaar. So how is THAT profit-and-loss spreadsheet lookin' these days?

• 7 months later...
On 7/13/2016 at 10:06 AM, Bill97 said:

Yeh you got to love those Vietnamese bagel sandwiches, they learned how to do it right from the large Jewish community there before they blew them away at Diem Ben Phu or some such place.

You really know your bread Streetsweeper.

I like the Vietnamese baguettes apart from the head cheese.

:sick:

4 hours ago, Ricardo said:

Also at Mee Chok Plaza, although I've stopped going there myself, since they dropped the sub-of-the-day promotion !

They have 79 Baht promotions every day.

1 hour ago, KhonKaenKowboy said:

Ham n cheese was 49 as recently as two years ago...now specials are 79....and I am glad they were outed for calling 4.5 inch sub's six inches...

Still a bargain at 79 Baht.

What's a good alternative for sandwiches from the people bashing on Subway? Ridiculous to claim McDonald's is more healthy, Subway has a lot of highly processed meats, but French fries are toxic and in particular McDonald's,  and subway includes far more vegetables, which even the dunces will agree are healthy.

On 5/16/2016 at 7:11 PM, luke000 said:

The one near Tapae gate has also gone, but the one behind McDonalds night bazaar is still there

whoops post 259 already mentions Meechok apologies - dearest mod delete if you happen to read this cheers

Edited by LannaGuy

4 hours ago, brommers said:

And when their grilled chicken is actually 45% soy and their chicken strips are over 55% soy according to Canadian tests you are certainly getting a healthy sub

Sounds healthy to me