What is your legal status if you are between 50 and 65 years old?(please, serious answers only)

returnofthailand

hello to all.

I would like to know what will be my status with my home country when I turn 50 in Thailand.

I wont be retired because I wont receive any retirement benefits from my state.

I wont be tourist or long term tourist because I will be on a O visa with permit to stay in Thailand.

I wont be a worker, nor a student...

I wont be a resident of Thailand because apparently I need work 3 years in Thailand.

I am not a digital nomad...

So what will I be? what do I write under the occupation, status... question?

this assumption is wrong.

you will for sure be retired, since you are neither working nor looking for a job

You have no legal status in Thailand unless your PR or a citizen

Irrespective of what visa or extension your on, your still a "tourist" in terms of legal status in Thailand

slight thread hijack.... so you are saying iam a tourist with a work permit ?

Irrespective of what visa or extension your on, your still a "tourist" in terms of legal status in Thailand

Yes and so am i, so get off your high horse and you will note i put "tourist" in inverted commas

thumbsup.gif just write "human being:.

That will confuse all of them.

As Kris Kriftofferson sings. "Don't let the Bastards get you down".

P.S. send your Christmas cards out to your friends in July.....that confuses the hell out of them.

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Yes and so am i, so get off your high horse and you will note i put "tourist" in inverted commas

I guess I should get off my bottom then and sort out citizenship.

What do you mean by "status"? And which is your home country?

With your home country you are probably just "citizen".

I assumed he meant how I answered before if asked for your current occupation on a form. Retired. Older and not seeking work.

Sorted.

this assumption is wrong.

you will for sure be retired, since you are neither working nor looking for a job

I think manarak is correct.

You don't need to be collecting "benefits" to be retired.

However, if you don't have the income or money in the bank, required, you would not qualify for a "retirement visa".

Ok, serious: you will probably - like me - be "non resident" and "unemployed" , but your home country will not care about employment till you reach the official retirement age. Retirement age can vary, some countries allow early retirement with according pension cuts.

I've been retired since I was 50 but I wont receive any pension until I'm 68 (if I'm lucky).

I always put "retired" on forms (when I dont put "Jedi Knight").

As to what my legal status is: I neither know nor care. I am what I am. Those who dont like it can @%$! themselves.

I've been retired since I was 50 but I wont receive any pension until I'm 68 (if I'm lucky).

I always put "retired" on forms (when I dont put "Jedi Knight").

As to what my legal status is: I neither know nor care. I am what I am. Those who dont like it can @%$! themselves.

uk taxman might beg to differ though.............u must be 51 i get mine at 67...............for now, until they move the posts again to 70