Clinton slams Trump on guns

webfact

Again she lies, the most powerful lobby in Washington is the Chamber of Commerce followed by many others before you get to the NRA.

The NRA doesn't come close to the power of the American Medical Association or the farmers/agriculture lobby.

Hillary Clinton “Now we know the gun lobby is powerful; I believe it’s the most powerful lobby in Washington"

Oh Come now Hillary....You know dang well who the most powerful lobbyist are in Washington

Gun lovers are split on how far they want the insanity to spread.

Some want automatic, military-style weapons to be legal. Others don't

Some want it to be easy for anyone to own a gun, others don't

Some want hollow point point bullets (they blast a hole as big as a soccer ball) to be legal, others don't

Some want armor piecing bullets to be legal, others don't.

Some want kids to be able to own guns, others don't.

Some want open carry, some want concealed carry, some don't want either.

Here's a true story that's typical in the US: A man is lounging in his fenced backyard in his underpants. His gun totting neighbor doesn't like it, so shouts over the fence. The lounger says, "screw-off." The gun lover grabs a gun and shoots and kills the lounger.

Multiply that by about 120,000, and you get an idea of the insanity of unfettered gun ownership in the USA.

Right. Every year, 2400 times in every state in the union, one neighbor kills another with a gun over having words.

Now for reality. As of December 23, a total of 12,942 people had been killed in the United States in 2015 in a gun homicide, unintentional shooting, or murder/suicide.

https://www.thetrace.org/2015/12/gun-violence-stats-2015/

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/expanded_homicide_data_table_8_murder_victims_by_weapon_2009-2013.xls

Guns are now ending as many American lives as cars. But, the key reason is the increase in suicides committed with a gun.

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/10/04/the-truth-about-gun-deaths-numbers-and-actual-solutions/

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/crime/2015/12/gun_deaths_map_how_many_people_have_died_or_been_injured_in_shootings_around.html

Gun ownership in the USA is a long ways from unfettered. Please feel free to legally purchase a gun in the USA and let me know how unfettered that process is.

I do not own a gun of any kind. Probably never will. My brother, on the other hand, has a large collection of guns, having served in law enforcement. Neither of us is a threat to peace or our fellow citizens in any way. Near my home, which is fairly rural, gun ownership is exceptionally high, yet only one gun-related murder in 15 years.

Debate over the second amendment will continue. I believe the Founders made a simple logical step - they were handing The People freedom, and looking at history they felt that history demonstrated the need for The People to be able to defend that freedom. Hence the second amendment.

I would be happy to eliminate gun ownership, precisely on the day that every gun on this planet is destroyed, and new guns will never exist. Until that day, I am not willing to let the government and criminals own guns, but remove that privilege from law-abiding citizens.

What I would like to see is more serious efforts on getting illegal guns out of circulation. Ending the "drug war", which contributes to a significant number of gun related deaths. Better enforcement of the existing, good gun control laws. And better education for legal gun owners regarding securing and using their gun.

Cars kill lots of people. We don't vilify cars like we do guns. We don't talk about "car control" like we do guns. We don't require a second amendment to own a car. We view the car as a part of the modern world, and do our best to manage the problem of vehicular deaths. Personally, I view my freedom as a little more important than convenient transportation.

Some want hollow point point bullets (they blast a hole as big as a soccer ball) to be legal, others don't

Here's a true story that's typical in the US: A man is lounging in his fenced backyard in his underpants. His gun totting neighbor doesn't like it, so shouts over the fence. The lounger says, "screw-off." The gun lover grabs a gun and shoots and kills the lounger.

Multiply that by about 120,000, and you get an idea of the insanity of unfettered gun ownership in the USA.

Right. Every year, 2400 times in every state in the union, one neighbor kills another with a gun over having words.

Now for reality. As of December 23, a total of 12,942 people had been killed in the United States in 2015 in a gun homicide, unintentional shooting, or murder/suicide.

https://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2013/crime-in-the-u.s.-2013/offenses-known-to-law-enforcement/expanded-homicide/expanded_homicide_data_table_8_murder_victims_by_weapon_2009-2013.xls

Guns are now ending as many American lives as cars. But, the key reason is the increase in suicides committed with a gun.

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/10/04/the-truth-about-gun-deaths-numbers-and-actual-solutions/

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/crime/2015/12/gun_deaths_map_how_many_people_have_died_or_been_injured_in_shootings_around.html

Gun ownership in the USA is a long ways from unfettered. Please feel free to legally purchase a gun in the USA and let me know how unfettered that process is.

I do not own a gun of any kind. Probably never will. My brother, on the other hand, has a large collection of guns, having served in law enforcement. Neither of us is a threat to peace or our fellow citizens in any way. Near my home, which is fairly rural, gun ownership is exceptionally high, yet only one gun-related murder in 15 years.

Debate over the second amendment will continue. I believe the Founders made a simple logical step - they were handing The People freedom, and looking at history they felt that history demonstrated the need for The People to be able to defend that freedom. Hence the second amendment.

I would be happy to eliminate gun ownership, precisely on the day that every gun on this planet is destroyed, and new guns will never exist. Until that day, I am not willing to let the government and criminals own guns, but remove that privilege from law-abiding citizens.

What I would like to see is more serious efforts on getting illegal guns out of circulation. Ending the "drug war", which contributes to a significant number of gun related deaths. Better enforcement of the existing, good gun control laws. And better education for legal gun owners regarding securing and using their gun.

Cars kill lots of people. We don't vilify cars like we do guns. We don't talk about "car control" like we do guns. We don't require a second amendment to own a car. We view the car as a part of the modern world, and do our best to manage the problem of vehicular deaths. Personally, I view my freedom as a little more important than convenient transportation.

Cars are made to transport, guns are made to kill.

My brother, on the other hand, has a large collection of guns, having served in law enforcement. Neither of us is a threat to peace or our fellow citizens in any way.

Your brother, like you, like me, like everyone else, is mortal. We're human. We all have a mix of foibles: ego, anger, able to get offended, affiliations with one or more groups. Everyone has a cracking point. For some, it's as low as seeing someone give them the finger, or seeing someone accidentally bump into their kid who is waiting in line at a fast food counter.

For all the people who have gone postal with guns, and that includes college campus shooters, street corner shooters, marital squabbles, VPI shooter, Phil Spector, shooters of marines at their bases, .....if you had spoken with that person's friend prior to when they went apeshit, you would have been told, "Oh, that guy. He's fine. Yea, he might look at you a little odd sometimes, but he's harmless. Don't worry."

A cop or a soldier or a security guard is just as likely to go postal as the street corner drug pusher. Human nature is weird.

When I resided in rural northern California, there was a guy who I had done some carpentry for. He lived alone, was musclebound, always wore camouflage, vet, always serious - the perfect candidate for owning guns. His neighbors were a hippie couple. One day he saw his neighbor taking a dump on his (the neighbor's) compost pile. It angered the vet. Pow!!! he shot and killed his hippie neighbor. That's just one of 1,000 reasons I don't like guns outside of law-enforcement or military.

Edited by boomerangutang

I watched the video on HRC that Trump fans keep posting. She has zigged & zagged over the past several decades. Not her proudest moments. Perhaps it cements the concept that the election, for many voters, will be a decision to which candidate is less distasteful. I'm a Bernie supporter but will vote for HRC. I don't expect her or anyone to be perfect. Even if I believed she was a compulsive liar (which I don't believe), her transgressions fade to near insignificant, when compared many more profound ones by The Donald.

It's like comparing someone who steals a ballpoint pen from a bank, .....to someone like Donald who borrows tens of millions from the same bank, and avoids paying it back by threats, lies and name-calling.

Edited by boomerangutang

I watched the video on HRC that Trump fans keep posting. She has zigged & zagged over the past several decades. Not her proudest moments. Perhaps it cements the concept that the election, for many voters, will be a decision to which candidate is less distasteful. I'm a Bernie supporter but will vote for HRC. I don't expect her or anyone to be perfect. Even if I believed she was a compulsive liar (which I don't believe), her transgressions fade to near insignificant, when compared many more profound ones by The Donald.

It's like comparing someone who steals a ballpoint pen from a bank, .....to someone like Donald who borrows tens of millions from the same bank, and avoids paying it back by threats, lies and name-calling.

Even if I believed she was a compulsive liar (which I don't believe)

None are so blind as those who will not see.

Even if I believed she was a compulsive liar (which I don't believe)

None are so blind as those who will not see.

Some of the most effective leaders in history (including presidents) were despicable human beings and some of the most honorable leaders were complete and utter failures.

If a 6 foot something thug invades my house and threatens my family and myself, I sure want an equaliser. Your argument is irrelevant as long as there are bad people in the world that are stronger and more ruthless than the peaceful folk. Don't try and say leave it to the police- where I live there aren't any, but there are plenty of bad people.

If a 6 foot something thug invades my house and threatens my family and myself, I sure want an equaliser. Your argument is irrelevant as long as there are bad people in the world that are stronger and more ruthless than the peaceful folk. Don't try and say leave it to the police- where I live there aren't any, but there are plenty of bad people.
Not irrelevant but an answer to a silly comparison. There are plenty of bad people everywhere, but (almost) only in the USA the good people claim they need guns to stay safe. So that can not be the reason, unless they really are stupid.

Not irrelevant but an answer to a silly comparison. There are plenty of bad people everywhere, but (almost) only in the USA the good people claim they need guns to stay safe. So that can not be the reason, unless they really are stupid.

I have to assume that you are referring ONLY to western countries. There are plenty of countries where gun ownership is a normal part of life, and even Thailand has a high gun ownership.

• 1 month later...

I am a rifleman. Not a Piss To Lero.

I get it; pistolero. Cute.

True story: I resided in rural northern California for a quarter century. One cold morning, a guy looks out his front door and sees a little boy lying in the frosty grass. He finds out the boy lives next door, so takes him home and chastizes the dad.

The dad comes back with a gun to shoot the first guy. The first guy is waiting and shoots the dad first.

Now fastforward 12 years. The boy gets his driving license. He hears his neighbor (who shot his dad) is heading on a trip to move to L.A. in a u-haul truck. The kid, now 17 follows in a pick-up and purposefully runs the U-haul off the road. It flips. The murderer's wife dies. The murderer survived. I don't know what happened after that. Maybe they had a shoot-out along the side of the highway.

There are tens of thousands of stories which are fed by the fact that guns are saturating America. When there are so many guns everywhere, gun violence increases. Well, it puts a slight dent in overpopulation, and culls out the more ignorant/fearful/paranoid people, so maybe it's a good thing.

1 of these days the morons in charge of making stupid laws will realize what American citizens have known for decades - CRIMINALS DON"T FOLLOW THE RULES OR OBEY LAWS TO GET GUNS!

When you keep making it harder for citizens to defend their homes, you're making it easier for the criminals to invade them. thumbsup.gif

And the UK has been a peaceable kingdom ever since, flowing with milk and honey with peace and harmoney between all peoples.

They don't have anymore school shootings...so while no milk and honey flowing ...i will take that as a parent....peace of mind is not quantifiable !

Try the following :

1) Staple Gun /. Nail Gun

2) Baseball Bat

3) Kendo Stick

4) Sharp Iron Prod for the Fireplace

5) An inexpensive mosquito electric tennis bat pressed against his face while you kick his groin

6) Learn Karate

7) One of those Giant Jade Stools to smash over his head

8) A HOT Iron at his face or arms

9) Hammer

10) Throwing your useless knife set bought at Walmart or hide in a corner and aim for his eyeball / hand in kitchen counter

All very useful and more satisfying than a gunshot.....so can we get rid of the guns now and let the world be a better place for kids to go to school safely ?

If you simply shoot the intruder properly,

You won't even have to put down your beer.

Your wife can call it in.

Cruel and evil people belong dead.

Gun-totting johnny wants to believe that all the people he and his buddies shoot dead are cruel and evil, but they aren't all cruel and evil. There are a lot of mistakes. Indeed the % of intruders shot and killed by Americans is very small compared to the % shot by mistake, or within domestic disputes, or suicides, or stalking, or college campuses, etc.

The fact remains; super-saturation of guns = many unnecessary shootings.

Gun lovers convince themselves they have guns primarily to protect their families (secondarily; to kill wild vegetarian beasts), but those same guns (and wielders) cause more harm to their families. Very rarely are those guns actually used to shoot an intruder. Plus, any thief with any wilyness is going to rob a premises when no one is there. How hard is that? Wait nearby until the family car leaves, then sneak/break in and steal. In the US, that scenario happens a lot less than in most other countries.

Of the top ten countries (in 2006) a person is most likely to get robbed, eight are in Central and South America. The two exceptions are in Africa (South Africa #6, and Swaziland #8). Chile is worst according to this list. USA is #18.

Note, the list at Nationmaster.com is not very accurate because it lists the countries according to robberies reported to police.

Many countries, it's not a custom to report (mainly because police are so corrupt, and also don't care), so some of the countries at the bottom of the list, like India and Pakistan, are known to have a plethora of robberies, yet 99% aren't officially reported.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

More officers died again last night while we slept in Thailand ....this is wrong wrong wrong ...how can a developed world like USA have so much shooting at schools, people being stopped at roadsigns ?

Why this maniac need to protect the smaller group like NRA vs the general public safety ? Has the USA government no guts to do the right thing for the general people ....you don't see this in UK, Australia, Scandinavia countries...

people being stopped at roadsigns ?

Well, maybe it's because they're criminals.

That Gangbanger who was shot in Minnesota was wanted for Armed Robbery and was carrying w.out a permit.

Adios...

That Gangbanger who was shot in Minnesota was wanted for Armed Robbery and was carrying w.out a permit.

Adios...

Nonsense claim. He was not a gangbanger and was not wanted.

Most gun nuts freighten me. Not right in the head.

My arsenal is correct for self defense and preservation. I check it once a year, then ignore it.

I am proven in armed combat 1963-1968.

The glory is in the telling, not the doing. The world seems to be a dangerous place. The ISIS type scum, Sharia, Meth, Racial Divide, wallowing in self pity.

The murder of peaceful innocents concerns me.

If you have never seen this first hand, you're lucky.

Sometimes it seems the tears will never go away.

Some people should always be armed.

Some never.

I have no desire for conflict

Armed or otherwise.

I prefer Tequila, Commorativo,

But any beer will do.

1f7315e6066bc5fad96c32950f16c2df.jpg

Edited by johnnywishbone

Adios...

I thought he was shot because because his car had a broken tail light!

Oh, that's right, he was actually one of the "unusual suspects" - had a wide nose or some such.

Lawyer: Minnesota officer thought Philando Castile resembled robbery suspect - Chicago Tribune - July 11, 2016

Reportedly, a BOLO stop that obviously "went South" (depending on one's point of view and pardon the expression).

Edited by MaxYakov

If guns are so dangerous and ineffective for personal safety it's strange her security detail is loaded to the hilt with them.

Everytime I hear the wingnuts say this I laugh. It has be the epitome of a low-info silly statement. But, they keep on repeating it. And it keeps getting faved cheesy.gif

Trump is also going to take away a woman's right to chose if she has a baby. Trump is pro-forced birth. Between his stance on guns and abortion, he's toast.

If I was Hillary, I'd go on vacation for the next six months. Don't even bother campaigning. Let Trump do himself in.

The Republican convention is coming up. I can hardly wait to watch this cluster...you know what.

I suppose that's possible but it's far more likely you or someone in the family gets shot with that gun. How about a baseball bat if you're paranoid?

13620111_1041824515913280_37189230059749