Drink Driving Russian Crashes on Sukhumvit

webfact

Drink Driving Russian Crashes on Sukhumvit
Story by Albert Jack

rus.jpg

PATTAYA: -- At 1am on the morning of May 23 police from the Na Jomtien Division were called to a road accident on Sukhumvit, opposite the Elephant Camp, on the road into Pattaya, Chonburi. Sawangboriboon

Volunteers were on the scene and attending to the injuries of thirty-two year old Russian national Sergi Karvatski who had been driving his silver Honda Civic towards Pattaya. The front of the car was seriously damaged and although the driver was only slightly injured he was noted to be ‘heavily intoxicated.’

A dark blue Mazda driven by Mr Pongthep Onrod (32) had been shunted across the road and into a ditch. The driver and one passenger were also only slightly injured and told police they had been making a u-turn when they were hit from behind by a ‘car driven by a foreigner.

Full story: http://pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/224479/drink-driving-russian-crashes-sukhumvit/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2016-05-23

Why is it that the phrase 'drink driving' is always used when in fact a drink is to take (a liquid) into the mouth and swallow as opposed to drunk which is a person affected by alcohol to the extent of losing control of one's faculties or behavior?

Edited by Rayk

RIP

I take it that English is a foreign language to you so you couldnt read the article but just looked at the picture...nobody died. (Why am I writing this when you can't read it?) ☺

I meant the Honda Civic.

Why is the phrase 'drink driving' is always used when in fact a drink is to take (a liquid) into the mouth and swallow as opposed to drunk which is a person affected by alcohol to the extent of losing control of one's faculties or behavior?

Seems to be a Britishism they picked up somewhere along the way...the Brits refer to drunk-driving as "drink driving." Just another example of how they have mangled the English language ?

Why is it that the phrase 'drink driving' is always used when in fact a drink is to take (a liquid) into the mouth and swallow as opposed to drunk which is a person affected by alcohol to the extent of losing control of one's faculties or behavior?

Because 'drunk driving' gives the impression that it's ok to drive unless you're fully drunk. 'Drink driving' reflects the more accurate idea that even a small amount to drink can dangerously impair your driving abilities.

Because 'drunk driving' gives the impression that it's ok to drive unless you're fully drunk. 'Drink driving' reflects the more accurate idea that even a small amount to drink can dangerously impair your driving abilities.
No...it just sounds stupid and non-sensical.

Why is the phrase 'drink driving' is always used when in fact a drink is to take (a liquid) into the mouth and swallow as opposed to drunk which is a person affected by alcohol to the extent of losing control of one's faculties or behavior?

Seems to be a Britishism they picked up somewhere along the way...the Brits refer to drunk-driving as "drink driving." Just another example of how they have mangled the English language ?

you can't really mangle something you spawn wink.png

RIP

I take it that English is a foreign language to you so you couldnt read the article but just looked at the picture...nobody died. (Why am I writing this when you can't read it?)

I meant the Honda Civic.

Not to worry. It'll buff right out and be back on the roads in no time. Sold on as a pristine, one owner car- driven by a foreigner who never put a scratch on it.

Edited by impulse

ever heard some say.......he's on the drink

same for driving.........he's been charged for drink driving for being over the alloted drink limit

Why is it that some people think that pedanticism is more relevant than what was reported?

...But, just to join in as you started it, in fact a drink is a noun describing something liquid that can be consumed by mouth. A drink does not mean "to take (a liquid) into the mouth and swallow", to drink, a verb, would describe that properly.

Edited by Scouse Twoccer

Why is it that some people think that pedanticism is more relevant than what was reported?

Actually, I think the word you're looking for is pedantry.

...But, just to join in as you started it, in fact a drink is a noun describing something liquid that can be consumed by mouth. A drink does not mean "to take (a liquid) into the mouth and swallow", to drink, a verb, would describe that properly.

I was referring to the word 'drink' as was stated in the topic.

I am well aware of what 'a drink' is and certainly do not require your help in defining it.

"Started it". By starting it do you mean asking a question as to why that specific phrase is used.

But you go ahead and enjoy being your usual d_____d.

You don't have to be very drunk to call you Drink Driving. Even if you take couple of beers you may loose your control even a bit and that can cause accident for misjudge the circumstances.

you can't really mangle something you spawn wink.png
That's what makes it so remarkable ☺

Only to a user of non-English English

Time for a pinned news topic.

The daily Russian DUI accident tongue.png

PattayaOne is desperately missing a proof reader since the sudden leave of Howard Miller biggrin.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

It's hard to tell which is more dangerous: drunken Russian drivers or Thais making u-turns. I wonder if the driver making the u-turn actually looked in both directions before starting the manoeuvre, and I also wonder whether he was in the correct lane for said manoeuvre.

RIP

I take it that English is a foreign language to you so you couldnt read the article but just looked at the picture...nobody died. (Why am I writing this when you can't read it?) ☺

I meant the Honda Civic.

AH I see I am not altogether alone on here then

I saw it immediately the benefit of a warped sense of humour

A bit like a restroom then? Never seen anyone catching 40 winks in there.

Because that publication uses British English as opposed to US English. George Bernard Shaw said it: "The United States and Great Britain are two countries separated by a common language"