Marriage Registration

Evening Folks

Got a lot of help from one of the poster and got all documents ready for registration for Singaporean

Question for those who have done it before

1) I understand you execute the document at the embassy first / 100 baht. Any idea how long this takes ?

2) once you have this endorsed by your embassy , then head to MFA for translation etc ; anyone has an agent to recommend and can get things done in a day ? What's the express fee payable ?

3) I heard from the agent that you must register at the Amphur in Bangkok but this is contrary to what others have said before on this forum as the Ageing mention of I do this in Chiangmai I still have to send the marriage certificate back to Bangkok for endorsement ...is that true or he is making a Mickey information to get more fees ?

Thanks for the help !

Normally you give to a translation agency to translate and register with MFA and have them return or mail to you. You can register marriage at any district office in the country - but some might not be as anxious to do as others - they could require witness and translator be provided by you or be able to do themselves. There is no "endorsement" of marriage certificate unless you mean a Singapore requirement. Once you visit and obtain certificate at District Office you are married in the eyes of Thailand and most of the world.

Archived