New Brexit polls suggest shift in favour of leaving the EU

webfact

Irrespective of what they are, the Germans are not going stop selling cars to us, the French their wine (I prefer new world anyway) etc etc. It will get ironed out. What happens happens and we as a country will have to deal with it. But business is business and I don't see big companies cutting their nose of to spite their face

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk whilst drinking a cold beer

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gibraltar wants the UK to stay in the EU, if it doesn't life could get difficult:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/11/gibraltar-back-the-eu-to-help-us-see-off-predatory-spain/

Can't really see Spain getting that anti, they may block the border, insist on visa's etc but not a lot of anything else.

Because we have the means to deal with it

Do you mean we could send our ship navy?

Some big names in the field of currencies and strategy are forecasting seriously bad news:

"Sterling could fall by 30% and the stock market by 20% if the UK should leave the European Union, according to a stark assessment from an award-winning team of independent economic analysts.

In an analysis on his company’s website, Ian Harnett, the chief investment strategist at Absolute Strategy Research, who is a former chief European strategist at UBS, warns that the dangers are even greater than many imagine and than movements on markets have so far reflected. “The downside risk is probably 30% to sterling and another 20% to equities,” Harnett states. His research team is headed by David Bowers, the former chief global strategist at Merrill Lynch".

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/11/eu-vote-remain-leave-sterling-markets

I know I know, it's all propaganda and yes, they used that dirty word "could", yawn.

Just think though, 30%, what if......!!!

Gibraltar wants the UK to stay in the EU, if it doesn't life could get difficult:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/06/11/gibraltar-back-the-eu-to-help-us-see-off-predatory-spain/

Can't really see Spain getting that anti, they may block the border, insist on visa's etc but not a lot of anything else.

It worked in the Malvinas Falklands........................

Back then we had lots of ships, more than one at least.

Of course immigration will remain, but it will be controlled immigration, for people with the skills, qualifications and experience the UK requires, not an army of Big Issue sellers.

Hillary Benn talks about the price of leaving, he is very quiet on the cost of staying.

Where is Lord Rose, the official remain leader ? Was he locked in a cellar somewhere when he said that leaving would increase wages and decrease housing costs.

The cost of staying is today's cost, it's a known entity hence it doesn't need to be restated. What's he's saying is that the leave cost is far greater than the today cost, that's the numbers you guys should be trying to defend but aren't, perhaps because they're indefensible!

But I can agree with you on your first point, controlled immigration would be good. But given the already very large immigrant base in the UK and given the extent of their families overseas who may wish to join them in the UK, wives, husbands, near relatives etc, what is the thinking, is it that the law would be changed under controlled immigration rules whereby near relatives aren't allowed to join family members? If that is the case, what are those rules likely to look like do you think as far as the foreign husbands/wives/partners of UK expats overseas is concerned, I mean, we can't have two sets of rules for the same thing, can we? Seems to me that very little will change under controlled immigration rules, either that or UK citizens will be disallowed from living in the UK with their foreign partner which seems highly unlikely!

1. The cost today is approx £ 8.5 Billion net. What is the cost going to be in 2020 when all the UK's opt outs, with the exception of joining the euro come to an end ?

The cost of leaving is simply not known. Speculation and guesses do not give a cost, so there is actually nothing to defend.

2. I do not make immigration Policies, it certainly should be fairly simple. There is nothing difficult about producing criteria that people have to meet to be able to immigrate to the UK. Applied to all equally. That includes those who wish to join other relatives or family members who might already be in the UK.

either that or UK citizens will be disallowed from living in the UK with their foreign partner which seems highly unlikely!

Are you unaware that this currently happens ? There are many UK Citizens that cannot return to the UK with their legal spouse as they do not meet the financial requirements. Frankly, I am astounded that a highly educated remainer like yourself would not be aware of this fact.

After such a long absense, I thought you might take a bit more care about your statements. But no. You are WRONG yet again

http://eulawanalysis.blogspot.com/2016/06/eu-referendum-briefing-1-can-uk-control.html?m=1

This piece explains that the UK rebate does NOT expire in 2020. Why do you people do this sort of thing.

You gave us a sarcastic line about one person, one vote and of course that is fair IF people are informed. Do the insane get to vote? Do 11 year old kids get to vote? I wonder why.

I tell you this, if Brexit does happen, a high number of highly educated highly paid Brits are going to apply for citizenship elsewhere in the EU. That is going to affect average English IQ.

Just think, there will be loads of job opportunities and nobody with the qualifications to fill them!

Finally, it's no problem to bring ones spouse to the UK. However, one has to demonstrate that the spouse will not be a burden on the public purse. As my father used to say, when you're married a 1d bun costs 2d! If you can't afford a wife, don't get married!

Spain has it's own problems. Banks are in deep poop. Not to mention hypocritical re their African territories.

Sent from my SMART_4G_Speedy_5inch using Tapatalk

There's nothing like a little war or strengthening of national pride to take citizens minds off of the banking problem, case in point, Argentina.

It's worth listening to Hillary Benn at 5:37 for a few minutes when he talks about the price of leaving, the fact that immigration will remain if we do leave and the cost of leaving making the population poorer.

Of course immigration will remain, but it will be controlled immigration, for people with the skills, qualifications and experience the UK requires, not an army of Big Issue sellers.

Hillary Benn talks about the price of leaving, he is very quiet on the cost of staying.

Where is Lord Rose, the official remain leader ? Was he locked in a cellar somewhere when he said that leaving would increase wages and decrease housing costs.

The cost of staying is today's cost, it's a known entity hence it doesn't need to be restated. What's he's saying is that the leave cost is far greater than the today cost, that's the numbers you guys should be trying to defend but aren't, perhaps because they're indefensible!

But I can agree with you on your first point, controlled immigration would be good. But given the already very large immigrant base in the UK and given the extent of their families overseas who may wish to join them in the UK, wives, husbands, near relatives etc, what is the thinking, is it that the law would be changed under controlled immigration rules whereby near relatives aren't allowed to join family members? If that is the case, what are those rules likely to look like do you think as far as the foreign husbands/wives/partners of UK expats overseas is concerned, I mean, we can't have two sets of rules for the same thing, can we? Seems to me that very little will change under controlled immigration rules, either that or UK citizens will be disallowed from living in the UK with their foreign partner which seems highly unlikely!

One of the things that pees me off about uncontrolled migration is that my Thai partner who I can support cannot come to the UK to live with me without jumping through a million hoops, tests I would struggle with without preparation, and anyone from twenty seven other countries soon to be more can just show an EU passport and walk in and live here, Immigration rules should be the same for all not some,

It's easy. What are you finding difficult?

I am so worried,if we vote out,is it true that a plague of locusts will descend on Britain and the pound will only be of any use to start a fire?

That is correct, mostly, except the locust part is scheduled for your garden and hair piece only. gigglem.gif

I am so worried,if we vote out,is it true that a plague of locusts will descend on Britain and the pound will only be of any use to start a fire?

That is correct, mostly, except the locust part is scheduled for your garden and hair piece only. gigglem.gif

That's it ,Ime voting in ,nothing touches my hairpiece Edited by i claudius

cheesy.gif Be carefull CM, if you down play the statistics too much people will start to think you are Brexit thumbsup.gifcheesy.gif

One of the things that pees me off about uncontrolled migration is that my Thai partner who I can support cannot come to the UK to live with me without jumping through a million hoops, tests I would struggle with without preparation, and anyone from twenty seven other countries soon to be more can just show an EU passport and walk in and live here, Immigration rules should be the same for all not some,

It's easy. What are you finding difficult?

My reply comes across somewhat nationalistic but hey ho, What I find difficult is to agree with the UK govenment in that they do not put UK nationals first whether it be expat's pensions or the right to live with your spouse in the UK. IMO UK nationals should be given preferential treatment over other countries nationals. or at the very least there should be a level playing field, ie same rules for all.

Opps sorry didn't edit previous replys properly

Edited by Thaiwine

What Politician do you think has got his finger on the pulse and in tune with the electorate ?

David Cameron has insisted his campaign for Britain to remain in the European Union has been “hugely optimistic and positive”, after the Ukip leader, Nigel Farage, said the remain camp’s “threats” could persuade the public to “put two fingers up to the political class”.

Optimistic and positive ?

One poll on what people think about impending the economic armageddon

. Just a quarter surveyed by Ipsos Mori said they thought Brexit would make them personally worse off.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/12/david-cameron-defends-eu-referendum-campaign-nigel-farage-attacks

Flawed strategy from the outset by the remain camp. I never quite got my head around the impending armageddon ploy and not focusing on the benefits of remaining in the EU.

Oh wait.

cheesy.gif Be carefull CM, if you down play the statistics too much people will start to think you are Brexit thumbsup.gifcheesy.gif

Yes, but now we have half of a French aircraft carrier if we need to use it.

Thought to self: if we pull out of the EU do we get our half back and what happens to the other half, does it sink or what. And what do we do with our half, build a matching half to bolt on?

Hhmm, dunno!

Flawed strategy from the outset by the remain camp. I never quite got my head around the impending armageddon ploy and not focusing on the benefits of remaining in the EU.

Oh wait.

I'm amazed that the remain politicians are able to accurately predict that Brexit will leave each household in the UK exactly £4,300 worse off.

They couldn't predict a freaking bus timetable, let alone the last recession [no more boom or bust], okay, that was Gordon but the point stands and Osborne is no better sage.

The remain camp have royally screwed themselves and that was before Eddie Izzard got involved.

Edited by wooloomooloo

Oh wait.

I'm amazed that the remain politicians are able to accurately predict that Brexit will leave each household in the UK exactly £4,300 worse off.

They couldn't predict a freaking bus timetable, let alone the last recession [no more boom or bust], okay, that was Gordon but the point stands and Osborne is no better sage.

The remain camp have royally screwed themselves and that was before Eddie Izzard got involved.

Too true.

Osborne's predictions are uncannily accurate. Those who only have a State Pension will be starving to death in their tens of thousands.

Then again perhaps not

Deficit figures an embarrassment for George Osborne as he misses targets set last month

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/04/21/deficit-figures-an-embarrassment-for-george-osborne-as-he-misses/

EU referendum: Poll reveals massive late swing towards Brexitintheclub.gif

Exclusive: polling carried out for ‘The Independent’ shows that 55 per cent of UK voters intend to vote for Britain to leave the EU in the 23 June referendum

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/eu-referendum-poll-brexit-leave-campaign-10-point-lead-remain-boris-johnson-nigel-farage-david-a7075131.html

1. The cost today is approx £ 8.5 Billion net. What is the cost going to be in 2020 when all the UK's opt outs, with the exception of joining the euro come to an end ?

The cost of leaving is simply not known. Speculation and guesses do not give a cost, so there is actually nothing to defend.

2. I do not make immigration Policies, it certainly should be fairly simple. There is nothing difficult about producing criteria that people have to meet to be able to immigrate to the UK. Applied to all equally. That includes those who wish to join other relatives or family members who might already be in the UK.

either that or UK citizens will be disallowed from living in the UK with their foreign partner which seems highly unlikely!

Are you unaware that this currently happens ? There are many UK Citizens that cannot return to the UK with their legal spouse as they do not meet the financial requirements. Frankly, I am astounded that a highly educated remainer like yourself would not be aware of this fact.

After such a long absense, I thought you might take a bit more care about your statements. But no. You are WRONG yet again

http://eulawanalysis.blogspot.com/2016/06/eu-referendum-briefing-1-can-uk-control.html?m=1

This piece explains that the UK rebate does NOT expire in 2020. Why do you people do this sort of thing.

You gave us a sarcastic line about one person, one vote and of course that is fair IF people are informed. Do the insane get to vote? Do 11 year old kids get to vote? I wonder why.

I tell you this, if Brexit does happen, a high number of highly educated highly paid Brits are going to apply for citizenship elsewhere in the EU. That is going to affect average English IQ.

Just think, there will be loads of job opportunities and nobody with the qualifications to fill them!

Finally, it's no problem to bring ones spouse to the UK. However, one has to demonstrate that the spouse will not be a burden on the public purse. As my father used to say, when you're married a 1d bun costs 2d! If you can't afford a wife, don't get married!

" I tell you this, if Brexit does happen, a high number of highly educated highly paid Brits are going to apply for citizenship elsewhere in the EU "

oh no not more scaremongering.is that all you people can do ?

and whether a high number of highly educated Brits can move elsewhere in the EU will depend on how long the rest of the EU will survive?giggle.gif

" I tell you this, if Brexit does happen, a high number of highly educated highly paid Brits are going to apply for citizenship elsewhere in the EU "

and whether a high number of highly educated Brits can move elsewhere in the EU will depend on how long the rest of the EU will survive?giggle.gif

It would appear that scaremongering is all that is available. Such a pity that it is not working. biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

It is ironic that these highly educated remainers have not considered that the EU might well implode in the event of a Brexit. They also do not help their case when the cannot spell absence and do not seem to understand the difference between an opt-out and a rebate.

It would appear that scaremongering is all that is available. Such a pity that it is not working. biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

It is ironic that these highly educated remainers have not considered that the EU might well implode in the event of a Brexit. They also do not help their case when the cannot spell absence and do not seem to understand the difference between an opt-out and a rebate.

Can this odious scaremongering b4stard actually get more odious ?

Annual state pension increases are currently guaranteed by the triple lock, which ensures they rise in line with whichever is higher: earnings, inflation or 2.5%. But if Brexit happened this costly commitment would be in doubt.

“You would have to start cutting things that people really value, whether it is the money going to the NHS or whether it is support for our pension system, and that could mean reviewing the triple lock,” the prime minister says.

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2016/jun/11/brexit-axe-state-pensions-david-cameron-nhs-cold-reality

It's worth listening to Hillary Benn at 5:37 for a few minutes when he talks about the price of leaving, the fact that immigration will remain if we do leave and the cost of leaving making the population poorer.

Also a citizen of anyone of those EU countries can without any problems, bring into the UK,their wife/partner

Even if she is a citizen of a non-EU country. Basically that makes you as a British passport holder a second class citizen.

The UK imports 10x more from the EU than it exports.

After Brexit, that puts us in a very strong position when it comed to negotiating trade deals.

We are not like Norway or Switzerland as has been pointed out. We are the worlds 5th largest economy and they aren't.

Britain will be just fine after a Brexit but the EU know that once we leave, so will others and the whole thing will fall apart.

David Cameron has his eye on the sort of deal the Kinnocks got. We got rid of Kinnock, he failed to win 2 general elections and got the boot. Then this failed politician that the UK rejected, went to represent us in the EU and with his wife made millions off our tax money.

That us what Cameron stands to lose. When the UK finally reject him, he'll want to represent us in Europe.

post-78707-0-83763600-1465740725_thumb.j

Also a citizen of anyone of those EU countries can without any problems, bring into the UK,their wife/partner

Even if she is a citizen of a non-EU country. Basically that makes you as a British passport holder a second class citizen.

that is correct but you can't blame the EU for discriminating British rules and regulations.

My wife applied for and was granted a UK Settlement Visa which we subsequently chose not to initiate so we've been through the process of application, it's not difficult in fact it's fairly straight forward. So no, there aren't a million hoops and the only test is the English Language test which I doubt you would struggle with! Now I can agree with you that the Life in the UK test is onerous but it is capable of being passed with study beforehand and there's a few years lead time to do that.

There are financial requirements to be met,before a British citizen can take his wife back to the UK. No such requirements are required from a citizen of a EU country.

And we also had a Prime Minister with more balls than the present resident of Downing Street.

The cost today is approx £ 8.5 Billion net. What is the cost going to be in 2020 when all the UK's opt outs, with the exception of joining the euro come to an end ?

There is no pleasing the Brexiteers. Tell them something positive and its still scaremongering, A huge brain drain would do wonders for the net migration figures.