How to get the tire fixed?

Hello,

I'm a newbie scooter driver and I need some advice.

My scooter has the back tire flat. As I pump air in it I hear 'pschhhhhh" coming out from somewhere but don't see any nail nor can't feel where it comes from.

The shop which can fix it is about 15 km far away from my home.

How can I bring the scooter there? It's too heavy to get it on the pick-up.

How far can I drive with a flat tire?

Thank you!

what kind of scooter is it ?

do you live in a Village ? Ask around there as there is always someone who is able to fix it.

I live in a very small village (in the sticks) and there are at least 2 guys who can repair Motocycles.

Support #2.

Really 15 km to a tyre tinker? How remote is that?

It does not need a fancy tyre shop/brand name repair shop for such stuff.

In our upcountry region with have a least half a dozen within a one mile radius.

No one has a big flat tub/puddle to fill with water and find the point where the leak is?

You hear it but can't feel it? Checked the valve already (stuck)?

Don't drive 15 km with a flat tyre!

Dangerous for you and the rim.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Thank you for the quick answers.

It's a JRD 125 ccm scooter and I live in a small village in the middle of nowhere.

My neighbors are very nice people. I asked already but they don't know how to help...

I plan to change the tires anyway because the scooter droved already 40 000 km and I am 99% sure that the tires are the original ones.

In Europe you can find "emergency repair spray" for car.

Is it available in Thailand and could I use it?

@ KhunBENQ

I asked a tire repair shop... they cannot fix. They say go to motorcycle shop... and to get there I have to drive 6 km to get on the Phetchkasem road, 3km for the U-turn and 2km back... and from there 2 km to shop... OK, it's only 13 km.

It's not the valve. I did some dishes soap on it and around and there are no bubbles.

Q. How many Thai blokes does it take to throw a scooter on the back of a pick-up truck.

A. One, or maybe two if they've only got one arm each. wink.png

Solution - get two one-armed Thai blokes to toss the scooter in the back of the truck. coffee1.gif

Edited by Gsxrnz

In Europe you can find "emergency repair spray" for car.

Is it available in Thailand and could I use it?

It is available:

dt002-seprypayaangphr-metimlm-450-ml-294small_product.jpg

Ask at the repair shop.

If they don't have it/know where to get then you are lost on this.

Might be as expensive as hiring a transport.

Edited by KhunBENQ

Does it have an inner tube?

How long will it stay up for?

If no inner tube, just pump it up and it will stay up long enough, probably, to get to any car repair shop who will stick a plug in it. Then that will do until you decide to change the tyre.

If there is inner tube, somebody will patch it for you in the village.

If you hearing pufftsss then you should easily be able to find the leak with soapy spray all over.

Cost of new tire = cost of canned-tire-fix.

papa thinks maybe your village people are playing dumb wit ye.

'two 1-armed guys, 5 5

if you can borrow a manual bicycle type pump...just go for it and refill as needed.

Perfect solution and will kill two birds with one stone, as the OP will get a Work out when driving to the Shop and in the end will have this tires fixed cheesy.gifthumbsup.gif

You could always buy some tyre levers, some patches, a couple of inner tubes, spanner and pot of glue for the future.

Hang some tyres and tubes from a tree and you could be onto a winner, by the sounds of it.

Edited by recom273

You could always buy some tyre levers, some patches, a couple of inner tubes, spanner and pot of glue for the future.

Hang some tyres and tubes from a tree and you could be onto a winner, by the sounds of it.

Yes sounds like a good business opportunity....just remember to get the work permit and setup 2 million baht registered company and employ 4 Thai national's before carrying out any repairs.

:-)

if you can borrow a manual bicycle type pump...just go for it and refill as needed.

What about a foot pump? Come to think of it, I have never seen one in Thailand, although I'm sure you can get them here somewhere.

What about a foot pump? Come to think of it, I have never seen one in Thailand, although I'm sure you can get them here somewhere.
Bought mine at Laksi. Make sure it has the brass/metal fittings, not plastic, I wrecked my valve with the plastic one. And buy a separate pressure gauge. The ones on the pumps are never accurate.

This is not a difficult problem at all, you merely substitute a "y" for the "i" and then it is right.

Glad to be of help, no charge....

....Sorry to take the mick, I do know some don't have English as their first language.