British man accused of smuggling drugs into Thailand 'after police find cocaine' on him

webfact

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who in their right mind would smuggle class A drugs around Thailand and on to Bali for 60,000 baht.hes no mule,he's trying his best to dodge a supplying charge which would have him banged up until he's old enough to get a pension.500 gram @ more than £150 a gram after it's been cut.the so called pellets are near on pure coke.i know this as a pal of mine done the same from Jamaica.he made a nice little earner out of it but in the end he lost the lot and now is a twisted up old junkie.as the old saying goes 'drugs are for mugs'

Perhaps he has enemies here and the setup was orchestrated, I am seeing this as having too many elements not adding up. Having committed themselves to the charges, I am pretty sure he will go down now.

"I am seeing this as having too many elements not adding up"

An affliction from which many TV crime scene analysts suffer. If he's a farang, he must have been set up. If he were Thai, he'd be guilty for sure. Case closed.

Who in their right mind would smuggle class A drugs around Thailand and on to Bali for 60,000 baht.hes no mule,he's trying his best to dodge a supplying charge which would have him banged up until he's old enough to get a pension.500 gram @ more than £150 a gram after it's been cut.the so called pellets are near on pure coke.i know this as a pal of mine done the same from Jamaica.he made a nice little earner out of it but in the end he lost the lot and now is a twisted up old junkie.as the old saying goes 'drugs are for mugs'

According to his story, he was delivering it to another person in Suk 31 !

Perhaps he has enemies here and the setup was orchestrated, I am seeing this as having too many elements not adding up. Having committed themselves to the charges, I am pretty sure he will go down now.

"I am seeing this as having too many elements not adding up"

An affliction from which many TV crime scene analysts suffer. If he's a farang, he must have been set up. If he were Thai, he'd be guilty for sure. Case closed.

On ThaiVisa that's about right.

Edited by Broken Record

There is a report in the paper which must remain unnamed in which it states in the last two paragraphs where & why he obtained the drugs.

From a black man to deliver to a black man from Soi 3 to soi 31.. doesn't smell like a setup at all, does it?

Restaurant owner in Bali so he's obviously been around SEA long enough to know the ramifications of being caught smuggling drugs so absolutely zero sympathy for him.

Hard to believe a 40 year restaurant owner is a drug mule unless he's just a front for someone.

Just a thought. I have just returned from Laos again and at one point on the border I could not bring my huge rucksack onto the bus from the immigration to pass on through to Vientiane. It was in the compartment at the back of the bus. A brief thought went through my mind that anybody could sneak something in the bag whilst the bus was waiting to fill up without my knowledge, and if I were caught there is nothing I could say. My life would be over there and then. I know it is a very farfetched idea but it is possible. The fact this guy knows how high the risks are could suggest that he has fallen victim here, but I doubt it lol. Probably just a desperate idiot.

In 1999, there was an American movie filmed in the Philippines called Brokedown Palace starring Clare Danes, she had drugs added to her bag in Khao San Rd.

It can and does happen.,

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120620/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Found on a public bus with 500gms in his bag, when police arrested him....IMO, there's something not right about this story......and involving the famed Thong Lo police.

Wow! And here's me thinking the RTP had got it right for once. Then you came along and not only nailed it but smashed it right out of the park. Way to go Columbo!

Supposedly in the Mirror he admitted doing this for really little money. One wonders where the brain is and if it is functioning. As somebody said, maybe using some of the product himself leading to illusions of grandeur and I can do anything. Remember the movie where the American kid ends up in a Turkish prison for years trying to smuggle drugs.....he actually went to the airport the day before to check out the security. But he got sidetracked by an attractive girl and didn't check the security where you walked to the plane outside....If he had he would have seen the military checking bags for bombs. But he didn't and ended up in prison for years....and a Turkish prison...Yuck!

I had an exgirlfriend back then who was returning from Nepal through Turkey with another young woman. They had hash strapped to their bodies. Changing flights in Turkey the other girl was searched and all hell broke loose. Fortunately at that moment in time the President of the country was passing through the airport. He asked what was going on, and when it was explained to him he said remove the drugs and put her on her plane. My exgirlfriend was then patted down by a woman and totally missed the drugs she was wearing. Both flew to Germany where they gave the drugs to some guy to sell....and never saw him again. Not a good world to move around in.

A man who is familiar with S.E.A. stupidly brings drugs into Thailand.

Thick as a brick for sure.

Maybe he was high on drugs, so it clouded his judgement.

Part of me wants to say something similar so that I feel superior to this guy but I won't. Rather, I'll say, there but for the Grace of God go I and try to find some compassion for the man.

He should be grateful he was caught in Thailand he will spend a long time in prison when convicted, Indonesia actually executes foreigners.

Lets just be careful here, there is the very slight chance that the drugs could have been planted on him without his knowledge.

I emphasis, a very very very slight chance.

Restaurant owner in Bali so he's obviously been around SEA long enough to know the ramifications of being caught smuggling drugs so absolutely zero sympathy for him.

Hard to believe a 40 year restaurant owner is a drug mule unless he's just a front for someone.

Just a thought. I have just returned from Laos again and at one point on the border I could not bring my huge rucksack onto the bus from the immigration to pass on through to Vientiane. It was in the compartment at the back of the bus. A brief thought went through my mind that anybody could sneak something in the bag whilst the bus was waiting to fill up without my knowledge, and if I were caught there is nothing I could say. My life would be over there and then. I know it is a very farfetched idea but it is possible. The fact this guy knows how high the risks are could suggest that he has fallen victim here, but I doubt it lol. Probably just a desperate idiot.

The best mule is the one who doesn't know they are a mule.

This method of smuggling has been used worldwide, so it is really essential practice that you keep an eye on your personal possessions at all times. In cases like yours, where it is put in a separate storage area, keep it visual for as long as possible.

Is it me, or does he actually appear to be taller than the height measuring chart?

yes, i am 188 cm, or 6'2", he looks like maybe 207 cm or 6'7" or thereabouts. A monster, with a countenance to match.
The Southampton goalkeeper is 6ft 7ins, it's not that uncommon.

Who knows but the bit about the bus doesn't ring true: do dealers of this magnitude really travel on the public bus? Yes, it's fishy.

Maybe travelling on a public bus seemed like it would reduce the odds of getting pulled. His fee seems a pittance the value of 500grammes of coke on the street is huge.

This smells very bad.

Too stupid to be believable, IMHO.

I call : set up, in some way, perhaps planted by someone (crazy gf bf fr) or biz deal gone bad, father who is a soldier in Thailand who has a 18 year old daughter who is running away with some 2,000 CM tall farang who owns a bar in Bali :)

From a comment in Tripadvisor about this restaurant - What a wonderful surprise! Arriving from a gentle winding drive through the rice padddies of Bumbak I saw the green lights of a jungle-looking garden & suddenly I hear a Blues band..and it wasn't just a Blues Band.. you need to ask Matt the owner who the singer is

I am guessing Matt will be singing the blues for some time 555

Found on a public bus with 500gms in his bag, when police arrested him....IMO, there's something not right about this story......and involving the famed Thong Lo police.

You think the Thong Lor cops are carrying around a pound of cocaine ready to plant on someone?

Who says the police need 1.1 pounds of drugs to say the farang had it?

personally i think it would be an ingenious idea to get rid of your business partner or romantic other after he says he is going to Thailand for business research when you know he is really going to Cowboy.
why not get rid of him and take sole profits?

simply buy have a k of coke and stash it in his backpack - you wont be seeing him again any time soon....

He should be grateful he was caught in Thailand he will spend a long time in prison when convicted, Indonesia actually executes foreigners.

He will confess to lower his sentance to 25 years.They should casterate him because anyone this stupid does not need to reperdouce.

60,000 baht is a very high price to carry the bag from 1 soi to the next. Sounds to me like he was set up for the bust.

Maybe some Nigerian was caught for something else and agreed to set up a foreigner. It makes the police look good and with all the brits being killed here. Some might consider getting a brit in bad light would be helpful. This is an old scam that showed on locked up abroad. That case was in Thailand also.

It's enough coke to kill someone Lock him up for a long time got no sympathy for people like this !!!!

Yes crazyKopite----- I don't think it was just for 1 person to take---blink.png

Or we could say that the bar on Soi 7 has enough alcohol to kill someone....

-----------------------

It is odd the way it was found----but he didnt say (according to police) that it wasn't his or that it was planted , but that he was going to give it to a man......etc.....etc

Edited by oxo1947

just another loser trying to make a living to stay in Asia, looks like he could do with losing a few ponds anyway

Not a clever statement given that he manages a restaurant in Bali and has already lived in Asia for 10 years plus.