what is

because i didn't want to tv usually supplies far more diverse answers

It's a system of communication invented by a certain sector of the expat community who assume that all other expats irrespective of nationality will understand what they are saying rather than using normal english.

Generally thought to have it's origins in the bars of Pattaya.

At times it can be quite confusing, eg when a native speaker of english asks ' where my friend you?' it would appear that the answer should be 'he go she shop for cigalet'

It is not always confined to Thai/Expat communication and in some bars appears to be compulsory between expats alone. Usually the expats who use Tinglish will be heard, again in Tinglish, telling others that after a few beers they can speak perfect Thai.

I'm sure there will more posts with more Tinglish expressions on the lines of, would rike loast kitchen for dinner? The answer being 'yes teelak you do in chicken at home'.

Can sit (nang duay)

Inside please..(shopkeeper beckoning)

Put down the breaker (makes sense here)

My friend me

Same same (but different)

Also...

"Welcome!"

"Don't be serious."

"I send you."

"You like to enjoy with us?"

"Where you go?"

"You! You!"

"You want lady?"

because i didn't want to tv usually supplies far more diverse answers

It's a system of communication invented by a certain sector of the expat community who assume that all other expats irrespective of nationality will understand what they are saying rather than using normal english.

Generally thought to have it's origins in the bars of Pattaya.

At times it can be quite confusing, eg when a native speaker of english asks ' where my friend you?' it would appear that the answer should be 'he go she shop for cigalet'

It is not always confined to Thai/Expat communication and in some bars appears to be compulsory between expats alone. Usually the expats who use Tinglish will be heard, again in Tinglish, telling others that after a few beers they can speak perfect Thai.

I'm sure there will more posts with more Tinglish expressions on the lines of, would rike loast kitchen for dinner? The answer being 'yes teelak you do in chicken at home'.

I've been looking into this a bit and it seems that there appears to be two types of the basic system.

One is Thaiglish and the other is Tinglish.

Thaiglish obviously has it's roots in Pattaya and Tinglish comes from Singapore.

Think about staying in a hotel, phone rings you 'pink' it up and a voice says,

Morrin, roomsirbees.

U wan toes copy an muppin ?

U wan mi wi copy?

Ok tan u berry mutts.

That's the Tinglish.

Anyone else can post Thaiglish if you have some examples.