Scottish dad fears ex-soldier son is murder victim after he goes missing during trip to Thailand

webfact

Some rather strange comments made here.

If I had had 2 children with a Thai wife, & we had split & she had the kids I would send her money for the kids every month.

Any guy who would not is a bit strange, don"t you think?

Im sure Thai man all do the same too eh?

I can see your joking, but Thai men don't... that is why there are all these woman working bars and the streets in Patong and Pattaya,

as 90% ( I guess ) have kids to a Thai guy,, and now they work to feed it and their family.. and most of them are not interested in Thai guys at all !!!!

Looking for a western guy to marry, or have a kid with, because they know he will pay ....

And I think I have said before, why would she kill him, if he's giving her money for the kid ??

Maybe he has a life insurance policy for the kid, that she wants to collect on...

Maybe he wanted to have custody of the kid. nah, of course he wanted custody of the kid. Seeing your kid grow up in Pattaya would be soul destroying.

• Replies 505
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I detest reading stories about missing, murdered, or beaten to a pulp foreigners in Thailand...it makes being a Thai apologist very difficult...

So here is my take...it was either suicide or he became belligerent and deserved what he got...Thais should not be faulted for his disappearance...

Everyone knows that dark skinned girls with tattoos working in Pattaya can be trusted and are non-violent...

Let's get the top notch detective squad into gear. Call in the talent. Since most of them have been trained by experts from Scottish Yard, and the FBI, are well paid, have state of the art equipment, were the top in their class, and are very motivated by pride and the satisfaction that comes from a job well done, they should be able to solve this crime quickly, and to the satisfaction of all parties.

Oh wait a minute. I forgot I was on Planet Thailandia!

Nobody should marry a Pattaya woman. They are business women who are there for business.

Your post is as ignorant and foolish as so many others. Pattaya belongs to Chonburi province and all the go-go bars etc..can't make all Pattaya girls/ women to evil human beings who're only waiting for the right foreigner to rip him off.

Now we are talking about a few thousand bar girls who are prostitutes, but there're also a few thousand girls and women who're not working in the sex industry.

The population of Pattaya in 2010 was about 108,000 people. Do you really believe that all Pattaya girls/ women are working in the sex industry?

If yes, please be ashamed of yourself.

Sorry, for going off topic. i personally don't think that the guy will be found alive, considering the circumstances. The going rate to let somebody disappear in this part of the world is very low.

Numbers go from 15 K in Isaan to 100 K. Contract killers come from Cambodia, do their job and leave. I still hope that he'll be found alive and something happened that we don't understand.

But calling all Pattaya woman prostitutes shouldn't be allowed to write on an open forum like that.

It's really sad to read so many brainless posts where people are trying to make jokes about a guy, in this case a loving father, who just disappeared.

It could have been your brother, or best friend. And knowing that his father's reading all these posts doesn't make it better.

Guess who met his gf in a 7/11 in Oattaya?

She does look familiar!

From the front?

Well, there are no tramp stamp pics or one of the top of her head, so yes.. The front..

Yup there's another one for sure.... R.I.P where ever you are....11yrs here for me now and I hate this country, my plans to return home are coming soon....it's a bitter and brutal country once you look deeper into the people who live here.....bye bye Lieland

Thailand was ok in the 90's, never got any death threats and insults like today, they hate most foreigners if you don't give them money, ladydrinks, free food etc. Lieland or Land Of Scam is not a place to live anymore.

There are 2 groups that fit into everything you state here.

Those that see the place for what it really is and what it eventually turns into when one loses focus and those that have the heads so far up the Arrrse, they can't see the forest from trees & want no one pissing on their parade.

Ultimately Thailand, for a select few can be a great place to live, all this considered, but I'd say we are talking a very small percentage here, and of course that includes those that come here for the lovely weather.

Population of Pattaya 108K in 2010?

Which soi was that ?

Keep in mind that Thais are required to be registered in their home village/city. Pattaya's "official" (i.e. registered) population is considerably less than it's actual population because most of those extra 500,000+ people are still registered as living in Nakhon Nowhere.

As for the missing Scot. Obviously something unsavoury has happened. He had a job that he didn't return to like he normally would have. His passport and stuff were still in his hotel room so it's not likely he up and left for another destination. If he'd gone off on a bender he most likely would have turned up by now. When I worked in Afghanistan we'd have people not come back from holidays but (normally), once their last paycheque hit the bank, they'd send their notice that they weren't coming back. As there hasn't been any communication with him of any sort (that we've been made aware of through the media) for quite sometime now (he's been missing for over a month now), one may assume the worst.

Without a proper investigation though, we will probably never know what happened.

Which soi was that ?

Keep in mind that Thais are required to be registered in their home village/city. Pattaya's "official" (i.e. registered) population is considerably less than it's actual population because most of those extra 500,000+ people are still registered as living in Nakhon Nowhere.

As for the missing Scot. Obviously something unsavoury has happened. He had a job that he didn't return to like he normally would have. His passport and stuff were still in his hotel room so it's not likely he up and left for another destination. If he'd gone off on a bender he most likely would have turned up by now. When I worked in Afghanistan we'd have people not come back from holidays but (normally), once their last paycheque hit the bank, they'd send their notice that they weren't coming back. As there hasn't been any communication with him of any sort (that we've been made aware of through the media) for quite sometime now (he's been missing for over a month now), one may assume the worst.

Without a proper investigation though, we will probably never know what happened.

Investigation, sure - definitely suicide, case closed - next please.

...knocked out and abducted....

...in from of several witnesses.....

...nobody did anything.....intervene or report it.....

...and now....'Nobody knows anything'......

...sickening.....

...is this racism...prejudice....bigotry....corruption....what would you call it....???

...when will the governments and embassies begin to get involved in this abuse and injustice....???

...everything left in the hotel room....so probably murdered....

....and not in any newspapers....

...doesn't admin have a moral responsibility to alert international media....???

...we foreigners are all at risk....for even the littlest of slights or disagreements...

...and we have no rights...no protection...no recourse....

Which soi was that ?

No worries. According to the press reports, the British Embassy is on it.

wonder of the guy he got in a fight with was his girls new man. bar girls are amazing at manipulating their customers. you never know what a thai is thinking behind their smile. i know a couple guys who thought they had great relationships who got dumped and told their girl always hated them. i have 2 kids with a thai girl and we get along ok. i pay her a monthly salary. i am worth more to her alive so hopefully it will stay that way.

You married someone that you don't know what they are thinking?

You give your wife a salary! What for exactly?

No wonder you get along ok.

people would joke about us and i would reply she is like my sister as i had no romantic interest in her. in the end she quit one day over a very small matter and wont even look at me if i see her in public. this is just one example of how hard it is to read thais.

Well, a small issue to most people, can be a big issue to a few..

Not just Thais...

And..

You may think, you can read into what people are thinking..

But I'm sure, some of those great employees of yours, really dislike you..

Your ex-employee, the one that was just like a sister to you..

She didn't think of you as a brother, and was just putting up with the situation, and did quit over a little issue??[/quote0]

Isn't this thread about a missing Brit? I feel like I am watching an old episode of Geraldo reading your idiot comments....!

I detest reading stories about missing, murdered, or beaten to a pulp foreigners in Thailand...it makes being a Thai apologist very difficult...

So here is my take...it was either suicide or he became belligerent and deserved what he got...Thais should not be faulted for his disappearance...

Everyone knows that dark skinned girls with tattoos working in Pattaya can be trusted and are non-violent...

How insensitive. Don't you know there will be people who live in Pattaya reading this. Also some people with a wife with a tattoo. You might just make them realize what they don't want to know.

Yup there's another one for sure.... R.I.P where ever you are....11yrs here for me now and I hate this country, my plans to return home are coming soon....it's a bitter and brutal country once you look deeper into the people who live here.....bye bye Lieland

Thailand was ok in the 90's, never got any death threats and insults like today, they hate most foreigners if you don't give them money, ladydrinks, free food etc. Lieland or Land Of Scam is not a place to live anymore.

Those that see the place for what it really is and what it eventually turns into when one loses focus and those that have the heads so far up the Arrrse, they can't see the forest from trees & want no one pissing on their parade.

Ultimately Thailand, for a select few can be a great place to live, all this considered, but I'd say we are talking a very small percentage here, and of course that includes those that come here for the lovely weather.

I'm not sure if your joking about the warm weather, but actually, I came here to live for the warm weather, I'm not joking !! and warm sea,

(I'm at Patong beach) and the delicious food, cheap to buy a condo, free WIFI , free car park, etc, etc, I can enjoy a very comfortable life here when I would be struggling to enjoy myself back in NZ. especially like I do here,, sure plenty nice sexy woman here too, but that was not my reason for coming here,, you can buy woman in nearly every country in the world ,, in fact when I left to come live here, I was dating a Thai woman in NZ.. I love living here !

The dad has to come to Thailand if he wants anything to happen

He would probably fall in love the first day......open a bar a week latter........................coffee1.gif

So you think the Dad could do a better job of finding him dead or alive, than the cops ?

I don't think so, if he starts getting warm, he will be the next one to disappear....

As it's a 99% chance he is dead,, Hell, he was knocked out and then disappeared, and no one knows anything ? funny that...

If he was alive he would have ended up in hospital or dumped back in his room to wake up with a sore head the next day...

I'm not sure if your joking about the warm weather, but actually, I came here to live for the warm weather, I'm not joking !! and warm sea,

(I'm at Patong beach) and the delicious food, cheap to buy a condo, free WIFI , free car park, etc, etc, I can enjoy a very comfortable life here when I would be struggling to enjoy myself back in NZ. especially like I do here,, sure plenty nice sexy woman here too, but that was not my reason for coming here,, you can buy woman in nearly every country in the world ,, in fact when I left to come live here, I was dating a Thai woman in NZ.. I love living here !

You gotta love that globalization ☺

He would probably fall in love the first day......open a bar a week latter........................coffee1.gif

So you think the Dad could do a better job of finding him dead or alive, than the cops ?

I don't think so, if he starts getting warm, he will be the next one to disappear....

As it's a 99% chance he is dead,, Hell, he was knocked out and then disappeared, and no one knows anything ? funny that...

If he was alive he would have ended up in hospital or dumped back in his room to wake up with a sore head the next day...

The being knocked out and his disappearance are two separate incidents. You make it sound like they are linked. He was reportedly knocked out by someone at a bar at some point. He later turned up missing from his rented room. It's not like he was knocked out at the bar and then dragged away by someone or a group of people.

The being knocked out and his disappearance are two separate incidents. You make it sound like they are linked. He was reportedly knocked out by someone at a bar at some point. He later turned up missing from his rented room. It's not like he was knocked out at the bar and then dragged away by someone or a group of people.

maybe I didn't read the post correctly,, so people did see him walking around? and having a beer? or going back to his room? or anything?

between him being knocked out and his disappearance ???

Well, this has been an interesting topic. Thanks for the enterainment! Quite a range of stances here from politically correct, defensive to abject prejudice. I understand the prejudice because I have my own, but then, I openly admit that I am 'bigoted' about certain subjects.

I come from a mixed marriage, by the way - British father/Asian mother. My parents are still together after 50+ years, but I would never recommend a mixed marriage - ever. While they rarely, if ever argue, this doesn't necessarily mean that she's in agreement or intends to be compliant. It just means she's going to pick the right moment to 'persuade' him. The more experienced of you will know what I mean. All four children in my family have, by degrees, witnessed her manipulation / attempts at manipulation. From inside experience, you have to be very sure of your values to resist it or to challenge it. Only 2/4 children had that amount of stamina or insight in our family so I try not to judge too harshly.

My father is a very simple, relatively easy-going guy. He has few diplomatic skills and tries hard to keep the peace. However, I have never believed that 'marriage' is about being 'nice' (I never believed in Father Christmas either - why would I? I'm Asian); so theirs is not what I call a "good marriage" despite their years together and despite what they say about each other.

Based on a straw poll of men who marry Asian women like my father and his friends; and based on the men who have approached me personally, as Asian female/not mixed, for a date, the majority seem to share one thing in common; they are highly insecure, usually about their looks and/or certain body parts. I'm fairly sure they share this in common with other European males, most notably those seeking Russian brides. The men who have openly asked me to have an "affair" with them (yes, the temerity of British men), are highly arrogant; and neither type is attractive, I can tell you!

To the 'righteous' farangs married to Asian women, just watch out for the time she puts you in a home in your sunset years as this is very un-Asian. This will be proof of whether she was there primarily for the money and security - even if there was once lust. Marrying money is not peculiarly Thai. Let's not kid ourselves. It's been around since time immemorial. Having lived abroad for 30 years now, I've observed the same practice amongst Chinese, Filipino and in the Middle East, Russian women. I also know quite a few British women in their 60's who are/were in it for the money or who targeted doctors or rich businessmen.

While I don't agree with this strategy irrespective of nationality, during a period when I couldn't afford meat, I did find myself asking if they were the more practical ones and maybe I would have been better off being monied not just meaningful rolleyes.gif Then my moral compass reminded me how socially repugnant I found older white men with gorgeous Chinese girls and wives when I lived in China. Eyes open...you are paying for that privelege, guys. That's a choice. Some men are prepared to gamble, but need to be reminded that the "house" always wins!

A bit "off topic" but a interesting read.

Well, this has been an interesting topic. Thanks for the enterainment! Quite a range of stances here from politically correct, defensive to abject prejudice. I understand the prejudice because I have my own, but then, I openly admit that I am 'bigoted' about certain subjects.

I come from a mixed marriage, by the way - British father/Asian mother. My parents are still together after 50+ years, but I would never recommend a mixed marriage - ever. While they rarely, if ever argue, this doesn't necessarily mean that she's in agreement or intends to be compliant. It just means she's going to pick the right moment to 'persuade' him. The more experienced of you will know what I mean. All four children in my family have, by degrees, witnessed her manipulation / attempts at manipulation. From inside experience, you have to be very sure of your values to resist it or to challenge it. Only 2/4 children had that amount of stamina or insight in our family so I try not to judge too harshly.

My father is a very simple, relatively easy-going guy. He has few diplomatic skills and tries hard to keep the peace. However, I have never believed that 'marriage' is about being 'nice' (I never believed in Father Christmas either - why would I? I'm Asian); so theirs is not what I call a "good marriage" despite their years together and despite what they say about each other.

Based on a straw poll of men who marry Asian women like my father and his friends; and based on the men who have approached me personally, as Asian female/not mixed, for a date, the majority seem to share one thing in common; they are highly insecure, usually about their looks and/or certain body parts. I'm fairly sure they share this in common with other European males, most notably those seeking Russian brides. The men who have openly asked me to have an "affair" with them (yes, the temerity of British men), are highly arrogant; and neither type is attractive, I can tell you!

To the 'righteous' farangs married to Asian women, just watch out for the time she puts you in a home in your sunset years as this is very un-Asian. This will be proof of whether she was there primarily for the money and security - even if there was once lust. Marrying money is not peculiarly Thai. Let's not kid ourselves. It's been around since time immemorial. Having lived abroad for 30 years now, I've observed the same practice amongst Chinese, Filipino and in the Middle East, Russian women. I also know quite a few British women in their 60's who are/were in it for the money or who targeted doctors or rich businessmen.

While I don't agree with this strategy irrespective of nationality, during a period when I couldn't afford meat, I did find myself asking if they were the more practical ones and maybe I would have been better off being monied not just meaningful rolleyes.gif Then my moral compass reminded me how socially repugnant I found older white men with gorgeous Chinese girls and wives when I lived in China. Eyes open...you are paying for that privelege, guys. That's a choice. Some men are prepared to gamble, but need to be reminded that the "house" always wins!

A bit "off topic" but a interesting read.

A good write up. But if an older guy is happy with a gorgeous Chinese girl, and the girl is happy with the security he provides then they both win, so where is the problem,, and I must say Chinese girls are more thinking of their parents, grand parents and elders than any other race that I know of,, so there is a good chance they will look after you in your old age, but the Thai girls that marry for money, I'm not at all sure they would ??

Please correct me if I'm wrong...

@Nearlynam --- And you think they like skint young sexpats? Get a grip! 555

Strange question but when I had bg friends when I was a young single English teacher, we had a lot of fun and it wasn't all about money, as often I didn't have any. You might find it not what you want to hear but young women are sometimes sexually attracted to young men.

They certainly are not to men old enough to be their father, or grandfather in many cases. Please don't make a fool of yourself suggesting otherwise.

I believe the "American" who is blamed for knocking the Scottish dad out at the bar was actually a Thai...with an extra large beer belly, tank top with breasts showing, dirty shorts, and flip-flops...

I believe the "American" who is blamed for knocking the Scottish dad out at the bar was actually a Thai...with an extra large beer belly, tank top with breasts showing, dirty shorts, and flip-flops...

That may be correct, but who hit him, is not so important, as to what happened to him after he was knocked out ? was he left on the floor, out cold ? was he put somewhere to recover ? or was he taken away by the hitter, never to be seen again ? if that was the case then who hit him becomes very important..

Hell, it happened in a bar, someone must have seen what happened, after the king hit !!!! Where are all the witness's to it ?????

@Nearlynam --- And you think they like skint young sexpats? Get a grip! 555

Strange question but when I had bg friends when I was a young single English teacher, we had a lot of fun and it wasn't all about money, as often I didn't have any. You might find it not what you want to hear but young women are sometimes sexually attracted to young men.

They certainly are not to men old enough to be their father, or grandfather in many cases. Please don't make a fool of yourself suggesting otherwise.

I am not so sure, some will like younger men of course, more likely when they are very young, say under about 25, but after that a lot of woman start to think with their heads and not their pussies, (they are so different than men, hehe) and many from any race look for security and a good life for themselves, or for someone they can just live with for a few years till they have all his money or can leave and take half off them ( as in western countries )

I know, been there, done that.

But many farangs build houses for their sexy young wives (when they are thinking with their cock ) for them up on their families rice farm or buy a house, always in the woman's name, a bad move, then if, or when it all turns to shit, the woman owns the house.. not any wonder there a quite a few bitter farangs out there !

especially ones that marry bar girls,, My thinking is, that if you take them to live back in your own country, it is probably okay, but to stay living in Thailand with them, is not so good ???

I enjoy bar girls very much, but would never marry one.. or maybe I not met the right one yet ? and maybe one day my words will come back to bite me on the ass ???? haha.

Archived