Police hunt farang donation box robber

rooster59

Police hunt farang donation box robber

Kritsada Mueanhawong

post-247607-0-42008500-1466231896_thumb.

CCTV footage of the donation box robbery appears to show a 'farang-looking' man using tools to open the box and get at the money inside. He made off with 1,400 baht. Photo: Niruj Kamala

PHUKET: Police are hunting for a 'farang-looking’ man who stole 1,400 baht from a donation box outside a mosque in Kamala.
The thief was captured on CCTV using tools to break into the metal and glass box attached to a wall at the Boot Ror mosque on Thursday night.
Lt Sophon Borirak of the Kamala Police said the thief appears to be a westerner, aged 30 to 35 years, and about 160-170cm tall.
pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2016-06-18

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If that's the only pic they have then it's a bold statement to say it's a Farang !!

The picture is from footage taken by CCTV as the story mentioned. If true, there is much more than just that one picture.

Well then might have been a good idea to post one of the more revealing photos, don't you think :)

They don't look like coveralls to me, more like a (thawb) thobe. After all it was mosque.The person must be a foreigner since the cap is being worn with the brim to the front as intended by the designer and not back-to-fron with brim over the neck or worse; to one side with brim over an ear, all an indication of low intelligence.....

Edited by PETERTHEEATER

Serious stuff and a crime worth spending many hours of the BiB's time and resources!

I had a box for the blind in my UK shop....A scote stole it...To me that was worth a zillion hours wanting to catch the shit....

PS....I did catch him.....No I did not whack the shit, but I showed him up in front of a lot of folk, it went down well.......thumbsup.gif

Whilst I agree that the theft of charity donations is despicable.

My point was that the BiB will put effort into resolving a rather petty thing like this event

but will fail to do anything about catching students who murder others!

or other really serious crimes.

Our son's murder has never been found.....

Why, they didn't look?

Too busy solving major theft crimes of 1,400 BHT?

They don't look like coveralls to me, more like a (thawb) thobe. After all it was mosque.The person must be a foreigner since the cap is being worn with the brim to the front as intended by the designer and not back-to-fron with brim over the neck or worse; to one side with brim over an ear, all an indication of low intelligence.....

Your comment certainly made you sound bright.

This should clear things up.

And we wonder why many hate us.

He is tall and white and stupid.

I've read where a Thai man cut off his mothers head and put it in a bucket recently.

It's doubtful that man who killed his mother and neighbor would stoop so low as to steal from a charity box.

This should clear things up.

Nope, thanks. I understood all the dialogue up until the hat wearer spoke. What did he say? (I'm not joking or being dumb but I re-ran it several times yet still couldn't understand the speech. Ghetto slang?

I have a Farlang friend who`s back of his head looks exactly like the man`s in the picture, even has a similar hat as well. Can`t be many that have back of their heads looking like that. It must be him, I will be informing the police immediately.

Looking for a farang in Phuket... Lol... Good luck with that.

Without wishing to appear anti Muslim... I think a better byline would have been "police hunt for a Muslim...." , after all, how many non Muslims really wander around inside regional mosques?

" Police hunt farang donation box robber"

OR:-

" PHUKET: Police are hunting for a 'farang-looking’ man who stole 1,400 baht from a donation box outside a mosque in Kamala. "

Proof reader required. Attention to detail necessary.

Edited by sambum

160cm? So looking for a 5'2" foreigner!

He is shorter then my Philippine missus. Shorter then most Thai men I suspect. I guess that this is wrong.

Anyway, if that picture is all they have to go on they have zero chance of catching him.

Is he wearing white or very light coloured overalls? Looks like he wearing work overalls to me, might be a delivery driver or labourer, in which case unlikely it is a farang.

If that's the only pic they have then it's a bold statement to say it's a Farang !!

The picture is from footage taken by CCTV as the story mentioned. If true, there is much more than just that one picture.

Well then might have been a good idea to post one of the more revealing photos, don't you think smile.png

If this is the picture they publish it would suggest it is the most revealing, at least I would hope so.