trump makes a play for the Gay vote

Jingthing

Jingthing- Trump went on 60 minutes and stated that he is not going to look to repeal or reverse the Supreme Court ruling on same sex marriage. He said it was now the law of the land and it is here to stay. I would think that if that were the case, and I hope and pray it is, then I don't see how Gays can be discrimanated against with any forthcoming healthcare plan. It that were the case, there would be a MAJOR lawsuit because of the Supreme Court ruling on same sex marriage.

You're so naive.

I don't have the energy to educate you. Gays do not have basic protection against discrimination in such things as housing and employment in most states and no federal protection in those areas either except for federal workers which is one of the Obama executive orders that the fascist man baby ran on wiping away.

Just scratching the surface here dude. Scotus marriage equality was only about marriage.

https://act.credoaction.com/sign/russell_amendment?sp_ref=243355652.4.176471.e.559230.4&referring_akid=.10872516.ddpAJr&source=mailto_sp

Also it matters not if trump is personally ok with same sex marriage. His pledge to pick far right wing judges will be an action that matters more than BS con man words on TV.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Donald represents all Americans and he definitely hasn't got a gripe with the LTGB community.  Not sure where this has come from.

The republican platform. Pence a.rabid anti gay bigot. trump promise to pick scalia clones for SCOTUS. trump's promise to trash all Obama executive orders which include anti gay discrimination ones. trump does not represent all Americans. He didn't even win the most votes.

Well, now Bannon (from Beitbart) has one of the most powerful positions in the world as a key adviser to trump. He will be in the room when all the major decisions are made.

Why does that fit here?

Self admitted far right wing gay trumpist internet troll, Milo, is a major star on Breitbart.

So a good a time as any to share one of his most famous pieces:

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/06/17/gay-rights-have-made-us-dumber-its-time-to-get-back-in-the-closet/

Gay Rights Have Made Us Dumber, It’s Time to Get Back in the Closet

I don't see how anyone can take that click bait article seriously ... but the publisher of that kind of inflammatory garbage is now really really close to the tiny hands that have the nuclear codes.

And so it begins.

Anyone that is surprised by this ... how did that happen?

Donald Trump has given an anti-gay religious right-wing activist a lead role in his transition team.

John Kenneth ‘Ken’ Blackwell, Ohio’s former Secretary of State, will head up the team’s work on domestic issues.

In a 2006 interview, he compared gay people to kleptomaniacs and arsonists.

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/ken-blackwell-trump-transition-team/#gs.gkJz7WU

Social media reports growing number of hateful anti-gay messages following Trump victory

'Gay families = burn in hell. Trump 2016'

http://www.gaystarnews.com/article/social-media-reports-growing-number-hateful-anti-gay-messages-following-trump-victory/#gs.gkJz7WU

trump reacts.

He thinks he's the dictator now.

By twitter. 

Is anyone surprised?

Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump

Our wonderful future V.P. Mike Pence was harassed last night at the theater by the cast of Hamilton, cameras blazing.This should not happen!
____
Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump

The Theater must always be a safe and special place.The cast of Hamilton was very rude last night to a very good man, Mike Pence. Apologize!

The plot sickens ...

Donald Trump Doesn't Know the Meaning of 'Harassed'

It’s time to wake up. We are two months away from the incoming presidency of a wannabe dictator. Every day we waste pretending that Donald J. Trump might have it in him to become a regular president is time squandered defending our rights.

Trump is redefining the greatest of American traditions — protest and discourse about what’s best for us. What will he call the people who protest at his inauguration? Terrorists?

http://www.advocate.com/commentary/2016/11/19/donald-trump-doesnt-know-meaning-harassed

Hilarious!

The know nothing trumpists are now starting a boycott Hamilton campaign.

Isn't Hamilton the hardest to get ticket in Broadway history? 

PLEASE boycott Hamilton, trumpists!
Then maybe more decent FREE SPEECH loving Americans that are horrified that Americans voted in a mentally unstable far right wing extremist wanna be dictator can score a ticket. 

A retired Pattaya expat has a thing or two to say about the election including the gay issues and the minority of gay people that bizarrely supported him.

COUNT ME OUT!

(Suffering from Post-Traumatic Election Disorder)

As I sit in my condo trying to make sense of what has happened in American politics, I am befuddled. I don’t even know the meaning of that word, but it is the only word that seems to describe the way I feel. I see the future for America as a rodeo where a cowboy is about to hop on the back of a mean bull. For the next eight seconds he needs to hold on tight because he is in for a rough ride. Those eight seconds for Americans will be extended into days, weeks, months, and years. 

http://wordsfrommrdcom.blogspot.com/2016/11/count-me-out.html?m=1

Trump already said he will not repeal any laws where gay marriage is legal and he would protect LGBT rights.

trump has already made a number of appointments of people with virulently anti gay civil rights records. Also his vice president. ... disgusting views that are pro conversion therapy. trump and no president has sole power to end marriage equality. But the supreme Court does and trump has promised to pick Scalia type judges. Scalia was against marriage equality.

8 hours ago, wpcoe said:

The VP angle alarms me.  What if Trump is assassinated and Mr.Pence takes the helm with his somewhat less-moderate views?

trump obviously has "issues" that will probably open him up more than a normal president to potential impeachment or resignation. Conservative republicans would of course prefer Pence to trump anyway. Yes Pence on paper and record is more severe about gay civil rights, but based on trump's actions already and promises about the supreme court, not sure there would be that big a difference. The dark joke about Pence is that he's "assassination" insurance for trump as people that hate trump to that extreme level of violence wouldn't want Pence either. 

Maybe there is still hope to STOP the anti-civil rights trump pick for Attorney General. Probably not, but at the very least there should be a forceful resistance to try.

The revelation from CNN’s KFile investigative team adds to Sessions’s lengthy anti-LGBT record. The Republican has racked up mostly zeroes on the Human Rights Campaign’s Congressional Scorecard for his time in the U.S. Senate, and his actions throughout his career show hostility to the rights of LGBT people, racial minorities, and women.

http://www.advocate.com/politics/2016/12/02/jeff-sessions-trumps-ag-nominee-tried-stop-lgbt-conference-alabama

1 hour ago, deathmule said:

Dude,  Peter Thiel is in the transition team of Trump.

Peter Thiel is gay.

If you have read "The Art of the Deal" you would see that one of Trump's most trusted friend back in the 70' s - 80's, Roy Cohn, is gay as well.

It's not about token people, dude.

Thiel is generally REVILED among American gay people now. 

As far as Cohn, he is one of the greatest villains in American history. Yes, I know full well the history of how trump learned his game from Cohn. Regarding DEEPLY CLOSTED Cohn as pro gay civil rights is just ignorant. People aren't that stupid.

For an artistic take on just how EVIL Cohn was, I suggest watching ANGELS IN AMERICA. 

Don't bother with any more IDIOTIC token gay arguments. To upcoming trump regime isn't pro gay civil rights because of some token traitor gay people any more than it's pro black civil rights because he's chummy with that bizarre man, Ben Carson. 

1 minute ago, Jingthing said:

It's not about token people, dude.

Theil is generally REVILED among American gay people now. 

As far as Cohn, he is one of the greatest villains in American history. Yes, I know full well the history of how trump learned his game from Cohn. Regarding Cohn as pro gay civil rights is just evil and ignorant. People aren't that stupid.

For an artistic take on just how EVIL Cohn was, I suggest watching ANGELS IN AMERICA. 

These things don't change the fact that they are gay

And why would gay people revile Peter Thiel? 

He's a great man and I look up to him. Very great mind

4 minutes ago, deathmule said:

These things don't change the fact that they are gay

Hitler was straight. 
Grow up, dude. There are messed up people of all kinds.

Just because someone is gay doesn't mean they're working for gay civil rights. Thiel obviously isn't. He's working for his PROFITS. 

The trumpian line on gay civil rights is really outrageous and disgusting. It's basically we're against ISIS and ISIS throws gays off buildings (which is true) and we're not that bad, we're not going to throw you off buildings, so you should support us. Nothing about advancing gay civil rights in the USA. Their agenda is to take it BACKWARDS. 

Hiring a few token "Uncle Tom" RIGHT WING gays doesn't cut it. What would cut it is supporting federal laws barring discrimination against gay people in basic things like housing and employment. Hillary was for that. In most USA states you can still be legally denied housing or employment ONLY for being gay. 

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Hitler was straight. 
Grow up, dude. There are messed up people of all kinds.

Just because someone is gay doesn't mean they're working for gay civil rights. Thiel obviously isn't. He's working for his PROFITS. 

So just because he's gay he should work for gay civil rights instead of his wallet? Or else he will be hated by the gay community?

I don't seem to understand that logic. 

And what more gay civil rights you want? We are all equal, straight males, gay males, straight females, gay females.

Gay people have their gay pride celebrated every year in all the mainstream media and I endorse it, it's good to have these kind of events happening but what more?

I just said. Before trump we were working with good hope for national legislation making it illegal to discriminate against gay people in basic things as housing and employment. Thanks to trump - Pence, that probably won't happen for 50 years. Weirdly, the vast majority of Americans are FOR such federal legal protections. It's only FAIR. Wouldn't you agree?  Thiel is a sleazeball traitor for working for a regime that is taking gay civil rights backwards. He's got his ... he doesn't care about anyone else. When you're rich you're not worried about discrimination against yourself. 

Since Roy Cohn was brought up, perhaps more people should learn about the connection between one of the most EVIL characters in American history, Roy Cohn, and the CON MAN president elect:

The devil in Donald: How the ghost of ‘evil’ Roy Cohn lives on inside Trump

http://www.nydailynews.com/opinion/arthur-browne-devil-donald-trump-article-1.2813483

Spike in hate crimes against various MINORITIES since trump won the election. They feel empowered now. 

Those are some of the nearly 900 hate incidents across the U.S. in the 10 days immediately following President-elect Donald Trump’s surprise victory earlier this month, according to a new report from the Southern Poverty Law Center.

Blacks, immigrants, Jews, Muslims, LGBTQ people, women and other groups were all targeted, according to the report, which attributes this “outbreak” of hate to Trump’s win.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-hate-incidents_us_583dd8bfe4b0860d6116bf95

15 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yet more bad news from trump.:sick:

The bizarre right wing extremist and anti-gay Ben Carson picked for HUD secretary.

No experience whatsoever. Even  he admitted it by citing his experience as he has lived in cities.

https://www.glaad.org/cap/ben-carson

Perhaps he will fill all those housing developments for the poor with grain.  

Archived