Video: Chonburi governor calls for immediate action as man pulls out gun on highway

webfact

Years ago purchased a car in Los Angeles county- the car comes without plates- you display a registration document in the front window- plates follow a few months later. However the police are well aware of this and look for the attached window doc. In Thailand, it appears the police can't be bothered except when setting up roadblocks attempting to 'check for docs'

I am not quite sure why the driver pulled the gun- he was driving erratically but then so was everyone else. I wonder if it was a grudge thing or a possible attempted 'hit'. It appears everyday we are getting reports of guns being brandished or some road rage incident involving guns, machetes; swords; steel pipes etc etc. When I drive in Thailand- I let the other person go when they want to go- it may save a life- mine!!

If he was a hit man I suggest he go immediately to an Optician and get glasses---- don't think any of those shots being waved about got anywhere near even the car. If I had paid him I would have wanted my money backcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

No number plates on cars is a common problem in Thailand and this case has proved the necessity of having them. However, its all a question of policing ........

It is my understanding that when having purchased a new car from a dealer the buyer has two options:

1, Accept a RED temporary registration plate set from the dealer along with Brown Tabien Rot (Temporary Registration Book) All trips have to be recorded by the driver in the Brown book (5555) and road use is restricted to daylight hours only.

OR

2. Drive away with no plates at all in which case the vehicle movements are restricted to within the Province of purchase only.

In either case the seller dealer has the responsibility to apply for the appropriate registration (Blue Book) for private car and a registration plate set.

So, it is not illegal to drive a new car without plates subject to restrictions but I am sure that it does happen.

My understanding, correction or clarification welcomed.

It's really a simple matter of police NOT doing their jobs. Face it, no speed limits, no rules, aggression is the drivers operative mode. The most aggressive, rule the road, until they kill someone or themselves. THERE IS A TOTAL LACK OF RULE OF LAW ON THAI ROADWAYS. Until that changes, it will get worse. More cars, more insanity.

Oh no, as more than one poster has said about driving in Thailand, you just have to adapt to their ways.

Im off out right now to get a gun, use any lane to get to the front of the queue, sit in the outside lane all day but inform you i might turn right at some point.........in the distant future, constantly text and make phone calls and in general be a selfish unt.

I reckon Ive adapted just fine

...... while the Alien, as so witnessed the other day, is getting fined (rightly so) for not wearing a seat belt by the police, latter absolutely blind to the pick-up behind the faulty alien with at least 20 people on the back without benches, seat belts or anything!

see my unscientific seatbelt study thread.............ALL the cars that came into a gas station forecourt none of the people in them had a seatbelt on, not one

The Thai poster said: "This is our home, our country - it is like the bloody wild west. Come on you officials help us out here. Thai society is getting harder to live in by the day. Just out for a drive you face death."

Sounds like a job for the clowns-in-brown keystone kops.

We need more Thais doing something and going public like this one and more dash cams

And a crack down on guns

But more likely we'll get a crack down on dash cams.

'The Thai poster said: "This is our home, our country - it is like the bloody wild west. Come on you officials help us out here. Thai society is getting harder to live in by the day. Just out for a drive you face death."' Well said. Whether the powers-that-be will sit up and take notice remains to be seen.

Honey, Im just going for a drive.

OK. Dont forget your keys and gun.

And that favourite one the good old machete. Don't leave home without it

Taking a knife to a gun fight, sounds Thai. Chonburi isn't far from Pattaya, I rest my case - shitsville.If it starts to effect tourism watch out. A whole police unit shall be formed to apprehend these unsavoury elements of lawless society. Road rage is coming, oh goodie - bash a few Thais to blow off steam. Don't have to look far for stupid/dangerous driving practices, to voice ones opinion openly.

The Thai poster said: "This is our home, our country - it is like the bloody wild west. Come on you officials help us out here. Thai society is getting harder to live in by the day. Just out for a drive you face death."

Sounds like a job for the clowns-in-brown keystone kops.

We need more Thais doing something and going public like this one and more dash cams

And a crack down on guns

And cars missing number plates....

No number plates on cars is a common problem in Thailand and this case has proved the necessity of having them. However, its all a question of policing ........

A lot of new cars in thailand don't have plates because the DOT has run out of "red" plates so the owners can drive "plate less" ! thumbsup.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gifcheesy.gifwai.gif