where to buy a drain snake for blocked pipe?

thai3

In Bkk this is, tried everything in the sink pipe but beyond the u bend. Taken all that out and cleaned it, blockage further on. I would call out a plumber to do it but mrs dead against it, probably will have to is my opinion but before would like to get one of those drain snake tools and try that. By the time i have finished of course it would have been as cheap to call a company anyway.

Gosh, I see drain snakes being sold in lots of places such are hardware stores, Lotus sometimes, Big C sometimes, those 20 baht store, Amorn Electronic stores. A drain snake should be easy to find.

Not one of those small crappy things from a pound shop, tried that and coat hanger, drain unblocker powder, vinegar and baking soda, boiling water, coke etc. Actually an untwisted coat hanger is better than a small snake but in this case not long enough

Proper Plumbers Snakes made by Ridgid are sold in Thailand. The Ridgid Toilet Auger with a drop head that I bought in Buriram has proven a wise purchase for the past two years. Certainly such a name brand should be on sale in Bangkok and not just Isaan. This toilet auger is also useful as a snake in sink drains in my personal experience.

post-20604-0-52602100-1467044697_thumb.j

Proper Plumbers Snakes made by Ridgid are sold in Thailand. The Ridgid Toilet Auger with a drop head that I bought in Buriram has proven a wise purchase for the past two years. Certainly such a name brand should be on sale in Bangkok and not just Isaan. This toilet auger is also useful as a snake in sink drains in my personal experience.

Thanks for going to the trouble to post the pic, how much are they?

Hi I have all the tool including 30 mt drain cleaning high presure hose, glad to lend to u if u not to far away.I am in Chiang mai , where are u?

Bangkok, it would not stretch this far, thanks

funny vid a guy not wanting to waste money on a plumber but spends a fortune trying everything else you can think of

Edited by thai3

Ridgid Tools must be sold in Bangkok. I went to look at the web site of Ridgid Thailand but the web site had an infection according to my anti virus software. As I read the photo, 1590 baht for one size and 2500 baht for a large size. Might be less money in Bangkok than an Isaan Hardware Store that sells and repairs water pumps in Buriram.

Lazada.... let your fingers do the walking

http://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=drain+snake

These are like toys, very little use as too small, have already. They will only go into the u bend and a bit further, you can unblock there without these bits of plastic. Of some use for a shower maybe, or where it's difficult to get to the plumbing under a sink.

Edited by thai3

Home pro rama 2 no have big snake, yes I thought about the wire way today when I bought some, going back tomorrow to get a long length, just has to be the right thickness to bend yet still be strong enough to move something

• 2 weeks later...

I have two ...biggest is 1/4" ( with a bigger end) and 25 feet long ...

I live near junction of Prachachuen Rd and ChaengWattana.

You can borrow ... you will need to leave a deposit though ... I have 'lost' things before by lending to 'unknowns' ☺

• 2 weeks later...

A plumber told me not to use chemicals.

He used a spiral wire, similar to spiral wires used to get electrical wires through the pipes in the walls. When the wire failed to get through he used a water hose connected to the crane (about 2.5 bar) and used the water pressure as last resort. This solved the issue in my case.

Using the pressure method can get you into trouble because you have a risk it brakes a pipe connection somewhere you can not easily get to repair it.

A plumber told me not to use chemicals.

He used a spiral wire, similar to spiral wires used to get electrical wires through the pipes in the walls. When the wire failed to get through he used a water hose connected to the crane (about 2.5 bar) and used the water pressure as last resort. This solved the issue in my case.

Using the pressure method can get you into trouble because you have a risk it brakes a pipe connection somewhere you can not easily get to repair it.

Blow backs are bad news as well .............

• 7 months later...