Residence permit

Hi to all

I’m looking for help/information regarding a Residence permit for Thailand. I’ve searched the board but was unable to find info on my particular circumstances.

I’m a 39 years old British citizen; I have been staying in Phuket since late 1999 only entering as a tourist each time. I have been with my Thai girlfriend for 4 years who I plan to marry later this year in Bangkok, she has 2 children aged 10 & 13 from a previous marriage (husband passed away) whom I support.

We are in the process of building a house in Phuket which will be completed in a few month’s, (the house & land will be in her name).

I work offshore in the Oil & Gas industry for various company’s based in South East Asia (none of which are in Thailand) & basically spend around 5 to 7 months per year out of the kingdom.

Which visa do I require and basically what is my course of action.

All comments appreciated.

Many thanks

Marc

I guess you can not get a visa from your employer because it is not one?  Once you marry you can obtain a non immigrant visa which, if you support her and keep about 250k in baht in a Thai bank can be extended on a yearly basis.  After three years of doing this you can apply for a residence permit but not sure if it would be helpful or not if you continue to travel that much.  Your time here on a tourist visa does not count for anything.

I don't have the following documents to produce for the visa, will this be a problem?

Documents to submit for visa based on marriage to a Thai national:

- Vital work permit pages

- Tax ID card

- PhorNgorDor 1 (first page, your page, and receipt for year before)

- Last year's tax form, 1/2 page showing what you must pay, and receipt of payment

- Letter from your work stating you will continue to work for the next few years

- Passport, Work Permit

I fly through Kuala Lumpur often, OK to apply for the visa there and how long to complete the application?

Thanks

Marc

Are you joking ? Be a bit creative!

It doesn'tmatter how many times you go with an airplane!

You have to marry your girlfriend or start up a business/be employed here.

Forget residency, tjing tjing, the first thing you must do is to obtain a Non-Immigrant visa. From that day we can start speak. Until then you are a Tourist in the Kingdom!

Look at the thaivisa.com website for "Non-Immigrant" and come back here with your questions after you have read there.

I'm closing this thread now, please open a new relevant topic.