notification for raiseing rent

Hi there, just wondering if anyone knows the law for a landlord on raiseing rent.

Does it have to be a written letter to the tennant or is verbal surfice.

If it has to be written and anyone knows where i can find the writing on this that would be appreciated.

Thank you.

If you dont like it just move , let the unit stay empty, there are plenty of options.

OP might love his abode. He's asking for info re the contract & increasing rent.

Keep ya shirt on.

I think any landlord that can increase his rents in the current

climate,would be very lucky indeed,we would love to raise our rents

but have not for the last 10 years,yes,10 years,the reason been,

the number of properties for rent are unbelievable,while the number

of Farang tenants,(had too many problems with Thais),are in the

decline,to try and increase rents,I feel it would take a lot longer to

find a tenant.Thais seem to be prepared to wait a long time to get

the price THEY think the property is worth.

The properties have all paid for themselves,and we still get 12-15%

return,and would rather have tenants,than looking for tenants willing

to pay more.an empty property earns nothing,except maybe capital gain.

If we had to raise rents we would approach the tenants personally,and

if the are willing to pay more confirm with a letter.

regards worgeordie

If you have a contract to rent it will stipulate the amount.

30 days (or more ) before lease is up it is the lessees onus to contact the owner for a lease renewal.

At this time any increase will be agreed upon & new lease written..

You are also obliged by law to provide any altered details eg< new passport etc

Yes, you heard me right, legally the owner does not have to advise you of anything, just retake possession day after lease expired,

30 days (or more ) before lease is up it is the lessees onus to contact the owner for a lease renewal.

Yes, you heard me right, legally the owner does not have to advise you of anything, just retake possession day after lease expired,

If your current contract is ending then a new contract would have to be negotiated. You have the right to leave at the end of the contract and the owner has the right to ask what he wants for a new contract.

"Yes, you heard me right, legally the owner does not have to advise you of anything, just retake possession day after lease expired,"

How is that so amazing? He owns the property. If he fulfilled the contract with the tenant, when the contract ends he should be free to do what he wants with his property. The renter's only interest in the property is within the life of the contract.

Some landlords might feel that extending the contract based on the same terms is in their best interest, but if he feels he can get more rent or wants to install some relative or whatever, that's his right.

If your current contract is ending then a new contract would have to be negotiated. You have the right to leave at the end of the contract and the owner has the right to ask what he wants for a new contract.

"Yes, you heard me right, legally the owner does not have to advise you of anything, just retake possession day after lease expired,"

How is that so amazing? He owns the property. If he fulfilled the contract with the tenant, when the contract ends he should be free to do what he wants with his property. The renter's only interest in the property is within the life of the contract.

Some landlords might feel that extending the contract based on the same terms is in their best interest, but if he feels he can get more rent or wants to install some relative or whatever, that's his right.

thumbsup.gif

Section 570. If, at the end of the agreed period, the hirer remains in possession of the property and the lessor knowing thereof does not object, the parties are deemed to have renewed the contract for an indefinite period.

Section 570. If, at the end of the agreed period, the hirer remains in possession of the property and the lessor knowing thereof does not object, the parties are deemed to have renewed the contract for an indefinite period.

The thing being in Thailand contracts tend to heavily favour the landlord. The standard Thai rental contract (available from stationery shops) is quite draconian and has clauses such as the landlord can terminate the lease at any time, for no reason at all.