Even though we voted for it, a Brexit won't happen in the end. Here's why

webfact

• Replies 539
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted out. Nothing to do with race or colour. Its to do with the new 'federation' being unelected, non accountable, and dictatorial. What right does the EU to tell sovereign nations what to do and then threaten them of they don't comply. Democratic?

So you didn't vote in the European Parliament election(2014) ?

Was not that to vote for MEP's?

That did not include Juncker etc...they are voted for from within, therefore not elected by the public...therefore not democratic

By the way, the UK tried to veto Juncker, and I also think he was the only nominee

Edited by Caps

I voted out. Nothing to do with race or colour. Its to do with the new 'federation' being unelected, non accountable, and dictatorial. What right does the EU to tell sovereign nations what to do and then threaten them of they don't comply. Democratic?

That did not include Juncker etc...they are voted for from within, therefore not elected by the public...therefore not democratic

By the way, the UK tried to veto Juncker, and I also think he was the only nominee

Juncker was democratically elected by the MEP's . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmcaVDT2Uls

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Edited by MJP

Exactly that, and now many are regretting their decision.

I imagine rather a lot. Already on tv, there has been reports of regret filled voters who say they didn't know it would have this effect. But nobody knows how many, and it has to be remembered that all elections have their share of idiotic votes.

Mmmm, but bear in mind that much of the main stream media (in particular the BBC) are somewhat wedded to the EU dream, and markedly hostile to leaving the EU. With the government shall we say distracted, they do rather seem to have shelved, at least for the time being, the requirement to be impartial.

I'm sure that there are some who are having second thoughts. I would rather question the medias enthusiasm for giving them what may well be disproportionate airtime...

Junkcer was democratically elected by the MEP's . . .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmcaVDT2Uls

cheesy.gif that may be so but me and you or indeed HappyDazed didn't vote for him which is the point we are making. If thats the case then the house of commons might as well pick the UK's next PM...same principle

cheesy.gif that may be so but me and you or indeed HappyDazed didn't vote for him which is the point we are making. If thats the case then the house of commons might as well pick the UK's next PM...same principle

Not quite, Parliament (MPs) picks the next UK PM & we vote for MPs (Parliament)...

So apart from voters in his constituency, none of us voted for Cameron, but we voted for the (conservative) MPs who voted for Cameron.

Junker etc was nominated by the MEPs..that were elected by the British public to represent them in the EU.

Therefore it is democratic!

Definite echo!!!

Duplicate post due to error from Tapatalk saying try to repost after 11 seconds....

Edited by JB300

Junker etc was nominated by the MEPs..that were elected by the British public to represent them in the EU.

Definite echo!!!

Duplicate post due to error from Tapatalk saying try to repost after 11 seconds....

Edited by JB300

The Prime Minister of the UK is also not selected by the public but by members of Parilament. And not even by all the members of Parliament but only by members of his or her political party. And you call that democracy?

Definite echo!!!

Edited by JB300

How is someone else nominated or not democratically elected by the public? Did you know what his aims were of what he was going to do for the EU...and the only nominee, really

Definite echo!!!

Edited by JB300

My understanding is that a lot of people voted to leave based on xenophobia and racism. So the day after their "victory" they realized the Poles and the Muslims, etc. aren't going anywhere. Oops!

Then you clearly have no understanding whatsoever.

I saw an exit poll graphic that stated the largest concern of those that voted Leave was .... Immigration..... i.e. too many foreigners..... now some of those that voted to leave based on Immigration might have voted that way because they love "foreigners".... but I have a feeling... not many.... Whether that is xenophobia or racism ... I guess it is all up to the person interpreting why Immigration was such an important issue.

Have to agree, far too many Brits are racist sad.png . Edit -change from English as I've had to endure a couple of tirades from Irish about 'foreigners' laugh.png .

On the other hand, IMO its a reasonable argument that non-skilled foreigners should not be allowed into the UK as the are cutting pay for the already badly paid UK workers.

I'd make an exception for plumbers though biggrin.png !

Non skilled workers get minimum wage, it's there for a reason, so according to the law they can't reduce it from the set rate. If a Britt is too lazy to clean toilets for minimum wage whose fault is it?

My understanding is that a lot of people voted to leave based on xenophobia and racism. So the day after their "victory" they realized the Poles and the Muslims, etc. aren't going anywhere. Oops!

I saw an exit poll graphic that stated the largest concern of those that voted Leave was .... Immigration..... i.e. too many foreigners..... now some of those that voted to leave based on Immigration might have voted that way because they love "foreigners".... but I have a feeling... not many.... Whether that is xenophobia or racism ... I guess it is all up to the person interpreting why Immigration was such an important issue.

Have to agree, far too many Brits are racist sad.png . Edit -change from English as I've had to endure a couple of tirades from Irish about 'foreigners' laugh.png .

On the other hand, IMO its a reasonable argument that non-skilled foreigners should not be allowed into the UK as the are cutting pay for the already badly paid UK workers.

Non skilled workers get minimum wage, it's there for a reason, so according to the law they can't reduce it from the set rate. If a Britt is too lazy to clean toilets for minimum wage whose fault is it?

Forgot about the PIGS already?

Not quite, Parliament (MPs) picks the next UK PM & we vote for MPs (Parliament)...

So apart from voters in his constituency, none of us voted for Cameron, but we voted for the (conservative) MPs who voted for Cameron.

But do they not travel round the country delivering their manifesto etc......then we get a choice of PM?......oh yeah I forgot all the EU presidents did too....NOT

How is someone else nominated or not democratically elected by the public? Did you know what his aims were of what he was going to do for the EU...and the only nominee, really

Following your logic ..the public should be consulted on every appointment, decision and nomination.

Otherwise, it's not democratic?

How many unelected people do you suppose work for government?

Keep digging, I'm enjoying this!

----

& who exactly will have voted for the new PM when they are nominated in the coming months ?

ROFL!!!!

That's the trouble with you guys getting all your information from the Daily Mail and other hate rags ...tearing your arguments apart is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Edited by HappyDazed

Have to agree, far too many English are racist sad.png .

Unfortunately for the UK, for the EU that demand is a non-starter. If they have do it for the UK, then it will have to be allowed for EU members as well. And in that case, it's longer a genuine economic union.

Following your logic ..the public should be consulted on every appointment, decision and nomination.

Otherwise, it's not democratic?

How many unelected people do you suppose work for government?

Keep digging, I'm enjoying this!

There is nothing to dig my point stands, its you that aint listening and if you love them so much move to Brussels I am sure you will be happy with Juncker and his cronies

There is nothing to dig my point stands, its you that aint listening and if you love them so much move to Brussels I am sure you will be happy with Juncker and his cronies

Your lack of answer speaks volumes.

When your ready to address my points directly I will be here..

Your lack of answer speaks volumes.

When your ready to address my points directly I will be here..

Well thats funny coming from you as you aint answered mine, did you vote for Juncker and the rest of the Presidents? I will answer it for you..NO you didn't

I am sure there are lots of unelected people work for the Government but none that run it....apart from the odd un-democratic countries

Yes people should be consulted on things like this, why not? Do you think they are that special that they should not be voted for by the public?

Edited by Caps

Well thats funny coming from you as you aint answered mine, did you vote for Juncker and the rest of the Presidents? I will answer it for you..NO you didn't

Are you answering your own questions now? ...rofl!

I've already answered your points ...you however you have failed to address any of mine, because you can't!

Once again Junker etc were nominated by elected British MEP's.

You just don't understand how the EU works ...simples!

Edited by HappyDazed