Thai Health Insurance Co., Ltd.

Krub

Their website says : worldwide 24 hours coverage.

Does it mean I can decide to get an operation in Singapore and get reimbursed up to the limit of the policy ?

Am I correct to understand that only the emergency Assistance provided by SOS International and part of the policy is not available if I am out of Thailand for more than 90 days but the rest of the coverage still works ?

I am considering their WH300 plan

http://www.thaihealth.co.th/ewealthy.html

Confused and want to make sure before renewal as I will be out of the country a lot.....

Thanks

Their website says : worldwide 24 hours coverage.

Does it mean I can decide to get an operation in Singapore and get reimbursed up to the limit of the policy ?

Am I correct to understand that only the emergency Assistance provided by SOS International and part of the policy is not available if I am out of Thailand for more than 90 days but the rest of the coverage still works ?

I am considering their WH300 plan

http://www.thaihealth.co.th/ewealthy.html

Confused and want to make sure before renewal as I will be out of the country a lot.....

Thanks

We looked at this and I belive the out of the country part is a travel-insurance like policy. As such there should not be a 'decision' on your part so to speak. Something must happen to you while you are out of the country for it to work. I doubt they'd want to pay for something that is pre-existing but you chose to be treated outside of Thailand for.

I asked them about that myself and the answer was that as long as covered by the health insurance stipulations and the cap, they don't care WHERE you get it done. If done abroad you will however have to pre-pay, followed by an application for refund - so that might complicate things a bit. CHeers!

Thanks Firefan,

That's how I understand it.

I am trying to get a written confirmation from them but it is not easy....

Anybody with this company managed to claim for hospital stays outside of Thailand ?

Cheers

Thai Health has confirmed in writing that the coverage is indeed 24 hours and worldwide.

Meaning you do not have to be in Thaialnd for any minimum length of time or outside of Thailand for any maximum length of time.

If you need to claim while in Thailand, there is a direct payment agreement between numerous hospitals and Thai Health so that ou do not have to advance any funds.

If claims from abroad, you need to pay first and claim with original receipts and medical certificates.

The SOS International coverage (repatriation to Thailand) only works if you have been away from your local Thai adress for less than 90 days in any one trip

I think it is a very good deal although the coverage might be a little on the low end of the scale for claims from US/Japan/Europe but perfectly adequate for the cost in Thailand

• 4 weeks later...
Has anybody bought one of their policies> are you happy with this company?

Thanks!

HH

I am in my second year of their WH3000 product.

I think it covers pretty much what is needed within Thailand.

It will not cover all and evrything but it will help in case of sudden need for hospital treatment.

I do not think there is any need to insure for non hospital medical cost as it is very low and easy to self insure

For very big expenses again self insurance seems a reasonable option as the premiums are very expensive