Marriage VISA or extension of stay for 1 YEAR

Proof of residence will be need needed at most immigration offices unless living where you wife's house book is for. Many offices will want  copy your a rental agreement with a signed bcopy of your the owners house book and ID card attached

Our landlord steadfastly refuses to give her house book and ID card copies. So last year we got our agent in the Body Corporate to type a letter and attached the agent's house book and ID card copies. Not sure if that will suffice every year. Will let you know how it goes when we visit Immigration.

• 4 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, kama17888 said:

thanks,

i need for extension 60 days my NOT O multi VISA

1. Application form. (can anybody tell me what for ) link to download?

2. and pictures - how much ? what sizes?

thanks for answer

You will be extending the 90 day entry from your non-o visa. A visa cannot be extended.

1. You will complete a TM7 form and attach a 4 X 6 cm photo to it. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm7.pdf

2. No other photos will be needed.

ok,thank You - yes my mistake - VISA Will be not extendt - only my 90 days entry :)

Can i extend now my entry for 60 days, and after that (when i will have 400 000 thb in my thai bank) extend this for 1 year permition to stay without  leave the thailand?

1 minute ago, kama17888 said:

ok,thank You - yes my mistake - VISA Will be not extendt - only my 90 days entry :)

Can i extend now my entry for 60 days, and after that (when i will have 400 000 thb in my thai bank) extend this for 1 year permition to stay without  leave the thailand?

You can apply for the one year extension during the last 30 days of the 60 day extension if you have the 400k baht in the bank for 2 months.

36 minutes ago, kama17888 said:

ok, thanks last question :)

now when I will go make 60 days extend of stay i must make same time 90 days report too or not?

No

You extension application is considered your report since it is the first one.

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/5/2016 at 0:16 PM, ubonjoe said:

1. If applying for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage at immigration the money needs to be in the bank for 2 months.

If you applied for a multiple entry non-o visa based upon marriage in Savannakhet Laos you would not need to show any financial proof. The visa allows unlimited 90 day entries for a year.

2. There is no requirement to show where the 400k baht came from. Bringing it in by doing withdrawals at an ATM would be expensive compared to transferring it in into your bank account.

3. You should choose one of the major banks.

4. You do not need a house book to apply for it. You will show your wife's house book as proof of residence if that is where you are living.

Here is a list of the required documents to apply for a one year extension.

Unless you are applying at Bangkok you will need 2 sets of copies attached to 2 TM7 application.forms.

Proof of 400k baht in the bank for 2 months by way of a letter from your bank and your bank book.or 40k baht income.proven by a income letter from your embassy.

Copies of your passport photo page and every page that has any stamp or visa for Thailand on it. Copy of TM6 departure card.

Marriage certificate and a updated Kor Ror 2 marriage registry (Kor Ror 22 for foreign marriages)

Copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card.

Photos of you and your wife in and around the house. One must show you both with the house number shown in it. The number of photos needed varies by office.

Map to your residence from the nearest main road or street.

Proof of residence if not living where your wife's house book is for.

Some offices may want witnesses when you apply.

You wrote:
Marriage certificate and a updated Kor Ror 2 marriage registry (Kor Ror 22 for foreign marriages)

So what before i will go make extension - I must go and update my Kor ROr 2 marriage registry?

10 hours ago, kama17888 said:
You wrote:

So what before i will go make extension - I must go and update my Kor ROr 2 marriage registry?

Many offices will want a up to date Kor Ror 2. Your wife can easily get one at any Amphoe by showing her ID card and paying a 20 baht fee.

If not sure what your office requires it is best to get an updated one.

On 8/10/2016 at 10:18 AM, justjulian said:

Our landlord steadfastly refuses to give her house book and ID card copies. So last year we got our agent in the Body Corporate to type a letter and attached the agent's house book and ID card copies. Not sure if that will suffice every year. Will let you know how it goes when we visit Immigration.

looks like a good reason to move, do they do the TM30

• 1 month later...
On 07/09/2016 at 9:39 AM, ubonjoe said:

You will be extending the 90 day entry from your non-o visa. A visa cannot be extended.

1. You will complete a TM7 form and attach a 4 X 6 cm photo to it. http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/download/pdf/tm7.pdf

2. No other photos will be needed.

Do one need more than 30 days on your previous visa left when applying for the one year extension based on marriage ? They told me to come on 20 November that is Sunday, my visa valid to 20 December. Will it be ok to go on 21'st November?

6 minutes ago, Lorin said:

Do one need more than 30 days on your previous visa left when applying for the one year extension based on marriage ? They told me to come on 20 November that is Sunday, my visa valid to 20 December. Will it be ok to go on 21'st November?

There is no minimum number of days to apply for your extension other than when you current permit to stay ends.

You can certainly go on the 21st.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

hope it's ok to ask still... I recently married my Thai partner ~1 month ago...
- I'm on Ed. Visa expiring 14th April
- 400k went into my account 12th Feb.
- Can I use TM.86 to change from Ed to non-immigrant O at Chaeng Wattana (without leaving country) - what date should I do this (does 400k matter for TM.86 if the reason stated on form is marriage?)?

- If so, what later date (again with regards to 400k) would I extend this non-immigrant O at Samui immigration (our house is in Phangan)?
If someone could help clear this up would really help..?
Thanks,
Sem.

14 minutes ago, semiotically said:

hope it's ok to ask still... I recently married my Thai partner ~1 month ago...
- I'm on Ed. Visa expiring 14th April
- 400k went into my account 12th Feb.
- Can I use TM.86 to change from Ed to non-immigrant O at Chaeng Wattana (without leaving country) - what date should I do this (does 400k matter for TM.86 if the reason stated on form is marriage?)?

- If so, what later date (again with regards to 400k) would I extend this non-immigrant O at Samui immigration (our house is in Phangan)?
If someone could help clear this up would really help..?
Thanks,
Sem.

You cannot change non immigrant visa categories within the country, The change can only be done for a tourist visa or visa exempt entry.

There is no need to change visa categories. You can apply for the extension with a non-ed visa or an  extension of the 90 day entry from it. All that is required is a non immigrant visa entry.

You can apply for the extension on the 12th of April since that will be the date the 400k will be in the bank for 2 months.

Not sure but I think Samui immigration is one of the rogue offices that want the money to be in the bank for 3 months. If that is the case you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife to get more time to do the one year extension.

16 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Not sure but I think Samui immigration is one of the rogue offices....

yes I thought could extend the non-Ed. also though Samui emphatically stated only a non-immigrant O will suffice... getting to the pount might try Surat Thani because Samui so inconsistent... even if having to report there...

5 minutes ago, semiotically said:

yes I thought could extend the non-Ed. also though Samui emphatically stated only a non-immigrant O will suffice... getting to the pount might try Surat Thani because Samui so inconsistent... even if having to report there...

I am sure Surat Thani would send you back to Samui since that is the designated office for where you are living.

Your best option may be to make a trip to Penang or Kota Bharu for s single entry non-o visa based upon marriage.

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Your best option may be to make a trip to Penang or Kota Bharu for s single entry non-o visa based upon marriage.

yes this is what they recommended, it's frustrating though...  if there's issue at Penang with paperwork at least I could potentially come back on tourist visa and try changing tourist to non-immigrant O at bkk & go from there... 

thanks for advice anyways will visit chaeng wattana first for advice... because you never know...

15 minutes ago, semiotically said:

yes this is what they recommended, it's frustrating though...  if there's issue at Penang with paperwork at least I could potentially come back on tourist visa and try changing tourist to non-immigrant O at bkk & go from there... 

No problem to get the single entry non-o in Penang. Your marriage certificate plus a copy, copies of your wife's house book registry and ID card signed by her. Also your bank book in case they ask for it (mixed reports about needing it).

Chaeng Wattana immigration will not do anything unless you are living in Bangkok.

This from the immigration website for doing a change of visa status.

1. 1.1 Form TM.86 for the foreigner, who has Tourist and Transit Visa and applies for Visa Status Alteration and applies for non-immigrant visa; or
    1.2 Form TM.87 for the foreigner, who enters into Thailand without visa, but is allowed to stay in Thailand with a permit of stay for a period of 15 day, 30 days, 90 days and applies for non-immigrant visa.

Source: https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_79

1 minute ago, semiotically said:

Will they need 2 months 400K in bank account prior to applying for non-immigrant O at Penang (like extension does)?

It only needs to in the bank on the date you apply. Update your bank book before starting the trip.

• Like 1