"Lady Kai" latest - lawyer receives phone threats, woman jailed for theft set to be released

snoop1130

"Lady Kai" latest - lawyer receives phone threats, woman jailed for theft set to be released

post-249866-0-39345100-1467719754_thumb.
Image: Daily News

BANGKOK:-- The lawyer in the "Lady Kai" theft case has said that he has received telephone threats.

And in other developments in the sensational Rich vs Poor case an imprisoned former employee of Lady Kai is set to be released amid claims that her confession was made to police under duress, reported Daily News.

The case has gripped the nation. Lady Kai - who is actually just Mrs Kai - had offered employees the chance for lucrative work in Hong Kong that they claim is associated with human trafficking.

When her poor employees refused the work she claimed that they and their families stole millions of baht in gold from her.

Those who have suffered at the fake lady's hands have now made counter claims alleging malicious accusations and wrongful imprisonment.

Sukanya Sirimuang,54, who was jailed for theft of 3 million baht is now set to be released. Her daughter Wanichaya or Nong Meen had filed a complaint that she was wrongly imprisoned.

Sukanya's plea in admitting the theft is being changed to one of denial.

Human Rights lawyer Songkan Atchariyasap who is acting on behalf of all the claimants in the murky case said that she would be released temporarily pending continued investigations.

He announced that he had received threats over the phone in relation to the case.

And in yet another development he said that investigations were taking place in a case in Nakorn Sawan where a woman who resembled "Lady Kai" tried to pass off fake gold as the real stuff. He also suggested that there is incriminating CCTV footage of Lady Kai's activities.

A first year engineering student called Koy along with her mother and father were also accused of stealing ten million baht in gold and cash after Koy continually refused a 2-5 million baht job with a wealthy man in Hong Kong. Koy was held for several months until she was released and began proceedings against her former employer.

Crime suppression division police as well as officers of the Prachcheun station in Bangkok are working on the case.

Source: Daily News: http://www.dailynews.co.th/crime/507015

LATEST: Thai court rejects arrest warrant for ‘Ying Gai’

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-05

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In the BKK post there is information that Lady Kai got a diplomatic passport during the YL reign on after the PM's office pushed for her to have one and made sure the passport was issued. (what is it with PTP and passports).

Seems to give a good indication too who her backers are and why before when the PTP was still in power these cases were pushed through and nothing was done. (still protected.. and now.. no protection)

Just show that whoever is in power always abuses the poor and that there are no parties here that are champions of the poor. They just use them to get in power.

It's going to take a very smart defence team to sort this cronie out......very high up connections.....lots of money paid out on her behalf..............so let's see if the powers that be, can actually do something here.......

IMO, she'll walk...........when should be locked up...........

A great case of the elite against the poor!

In the BKK post there is information that Lady Kai got a diplomatic passport during the YL reign on after the PM's office pushed for her to have one and made sure the passport was issued. (what is it with PTP and passports).

Seems to give a good indication too who her backers are and why before when the PTP was still in power these cases were pushed through and nothing was done. (still protected.. and now.. no protection)

Just show that whoever is in power always abuses the poor and that there are no parties here that are champions of the poor. They just use them to get in power.

But would the poor learn to be smarter, or would they be again blinded by the freebies?

So she and her cronies are resorting to bully tactic's to scare the Lawyer away.

I just hope he keeps up his good work and bring this scum who calls herself a Lady to justice.

So she and her cronies are resorting to bully tactic's to scare the Lawyer away.

I just hope he keeps up his good work and bring this scum who calls herself a Lady to justice.

yep rotten to the core.

maybe the real power players will throw the carcass of this foul 'lady' to the great unwashed.

look at my wonderful justice system, prayuth can say to the world.

should not take much working on, arrest the 'lady' tomorrow!

"And in other developments in the sensational Rich vs Poor case an imprisoned former employee of Lady Kai is set to be released amid claims that her confession was made to police under duress, reported Daily News."

Who is going to arrest the lady?

The same "police" who forced the confession(s) of the former employees?

Would be a huge loss of face.

My guess is that the police will take DNA samples, send the samples to a dodge analyze company somewhere out of the boondonks, and will come with the undeniable proof that the former employees did the robbery.

Wait and see (but don't hold your breath).

There was discussion in another newspaper that her false claims to khunying title might be LM, still criminal court refused a warrant requested by police. Different justice for have vs have most. Hope she gets her due if she was involved in human trafficking.

This despicable old boiler deserves to be rotting in a cell. But I guess loss of face (publicly though) is the best that'll come of this. But seriously the people who protect idiots like this lady kai are the lowest of the low. In a revolution their heads would be on the block so <deleted> fast. Appalling people

There's that upright and righteous family again. Let's have democracy restored and vote them and their servants of the public back in again.

if you have the right name, are rich or have the right friends you have a free reign in Thailand to do as you please, just look at all the people that have been killed by these types of people without being locked up and you can see that. Until everyone is treated the same this will never end, face is simply too important, would be great to see the pm use his powers to throw this piece of crap into jail for what she has done. Trouble is no one wants to rock the boat in case it effects them in the future, we will never see true justice here until we get politicians that are in it for the betterment of Thailand and not themselves.

BP says she won't be arrested, simply invited for interview because she lives in BKK, and has given interviews to the media. She'll not be detained at any point up until charges are irrefutable. She apparently has gone to chiang rai to make merit, like all innocent parties do here :(

Scum, pure and simple

I loved this quote "The court said Monta Yokrattanakan, known as Ying Kai, did not pose a flight risk as she has a permanent address and often gives interviews with the press"

One cannot make this stuff up!

Yes yer Honour- you can trust me as I often talk to the press- can't see that working elsewhere.

I loved this quote "The court said Monta Yokrattanakan, known as Ying Kai, did not pose a flight risk as she has a permanent address and often gives interviews with the press"

Yes yer Honour- you can trust me as I often talk to the press- can't see that working elsewhere.

Monta Yokrattanakan

The shame of Thailand

The game is up. She would try to flee. From the Law and also who is the really behind the scenes of this human trafficking ring.

This case definitely goes really deep if more digging is done. Gai should be afraid of her life now. If she cannot flee she would

most definitely be silenced for fear of implicating those involved. Someone high up there might be giving orders not to hold her passport.

Lawyer Songkran has to tread carefully too. I hope more protection would be given to the Lawyer and witnesses

who r willing to come forward.

Edited by Moonmoon

There was discussion in another newspaper that her false claims to khunying title might be LM, still criminal court refused a warrant requested by police. Different justice for have vs have most. Hope she gets her due if she was involved in human trafficking.

Lady Kai - means lady, princess, woman of noble family

Monta Yokrattanakan

The shame of Thailand

Just add her to the already extensive list

yep rotten to the core.

maybe the real power players will throw the carcass of this foul 'lady' to the great unwashed.

Prayut's justice system?

I gather it is inherited from the former government, including diplomatic passport?

Something built up in decades of misuse of the democracy for personal gain, profit and power, can not be changed in two years.

If things start to go wrong for these kind of people, they start using scare tactics.

Edited by hansnl

yep rotten to the core.

You mean the lady who got her diplomatic passport under YL and was protected then.. only now when Prayut is in power can she finally be called out. Still she is hugely powerful and the PTP still has friends so she might not go to jail. But at least now she can be investigated. All the cases were under the previous government when this lady had a lot of power. That power is not a lot less. So put the blame where it is.

This is why I don't mind coups or whatever it takes to change power, the moment power is changed parties lose their protection and cases like this get attention. If one party (too long Prayut is bad too) stays in power too long there will be too many untouchables. Only when power changes hands will previous untouchables become normal people. So I even don't mind (even like) if a new government goes after the now untouchables. This is what always happen, new power means going after the old ones.. its the only way to get a bit of justice at times.

Perhaps they should also be asking how many took up her offer of the 'lucrative' work in Hong Kong?

And perhaps they should be investigating where the people who took up her offer are now, and what they are doing in HK.....................wink.png

yep rotten to the core.

You mean the lady who got her diplomatic passport under YL and was protected then.. only now when Prayut is in power can she finally be called out. Still she is hugely powerful and the PTP still has friends so she might not go to jail. But at least now she can be investigated. All the cases were under the previous government when this lady had a lot of power. That power is not a lot less. So put the blame where it is.

This is why I don't mind coups or whatever it takes to change power, the moment power is changed parties lose their protection and cases like this get attention. If one party (too long Prayut is bad too) stays in power too long there will be too many untouchables. Only when power changes hands will previous untouchables become normal people. So I even don't mind (even like) if a new government goes after the now untouchables. This is what always happen, new power means going after the old ones.. its the only way to get a bit of justice at times.

why hasn't Prayuth stepped up and used section 44, she has tarnished Thailand's reputation and threatening thier tier on human trafficking. The current judiciary appointed by the junta refuse to issue an arrest warrant for her. Just who is she connected to as there certainly aren't any PTP or Shinawatra supporters in the pecking order now. Can't blame thaksin

yep rotten to the core.

It would be good if at least one of the changing government was democratic, not only pretending. The previous governments were far from it, may be except one that stayed only a short time in power (they stepped down because of being democratic, what irony!) I consider those parties which only pretend to be democratic more dangerous than a military government that came to power by a coup