Chinese nominee tour company blitz in Phuket nets 53 tour buses, 29 speedboats

webfact

Chinese nominee tour company blitz in Phuket nets 53 tour buses, 29 speedboats
Darawan Naknakhon

1467784670_1-org.jpg
More than 100 officers including police, military and anti-money-laundering officials seized 29 boats and 53 buses in raids on the Tranlee Travel Co Ltd network of businesses this morning (July 6). Photo: Darawan Naknakhon

PHUKET: -- More than 100 officers including police, military and anti-money-laundering officials seized 29 boats and 53 buses belonging to companies operating under the Tranlee Travel Co Ltd network of businesses in raids at Rassada and Koh Siray, on the east side of Phuket Town, this morning (July 6).

Officials led by Region 8 Police Deputy Commander Col Phorasak Nuannoo led the raid to seize the 29 tour speedboats at the Insee Marine Co Ltd private company pier located near the bridge joining Koh Siray to the mainland, Phuket Provincial Police Chief Col Teeraphol Thipjaroen told The Phuket News today.

“The second group, led by Lt Col Pongpop Prasoppichai of the Phuket Provincial Police, raided the offices of T.L Better Way Co Ltd at Koh Sirey, which provided bus services for tourists, and where police seized 53 buses,” he said.

A third group, led by Lt Col Rattakhet Munmuang of the Phuket Provincial Police, searched Racha Spa Co Ltd at Phuket Villa 5 in Wichit, where officers seized all documents, including registration licenses and accounting records, he added.

All three teams of officers were armed with warrants issued by Phuket Provincial Court, Col Teeraphol said.

The raids today follow Royal Thai Police Deputy Commissioner Gen Srivara Ransibrahmanakul yesterday (July 5) announcing that five of the subcompanies operating under Tranlee Travel Co Ltd had been shut down.

Full story: http://www.thephuketnews.com/chinese-nominee-tour-company-blitz-in-phuket-nets-53-tour-buses-29-speedboats-58144.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2016-07-06

Wow. There will be many Chinese wandering around there with nothing to do and no transport as well.

Wow - that's quite drastic. Tranlee Travel Co Ltd will have to pay loads of money to get out of that hole ...

That shows that the Thais are not only against the foreigners and letting the Chinese do whatever they want.

...really...isn't this just another scam against hapless foreigners that are trying to comply with the law...

....wish the governments would get involved....

Complying with the law with fake ID cards?

These companies are not complying with any laws.

Hopefully pegasus goes through the same thing

i swear half the dangerous people on the road are from that company

They seem to have almost disappeared from the road anyway, I hardly ever see them anymore.

So don't you consider Chinese as foreigners then????

That's a tricky one considering that 20% of the population of Thailand is of Chinese descent as was one or two of the more recent prime ministers.

“Our investigation revealed that Blue Bay Resort Co Ltd, located in Phang Nga, had added more rooms to their accommodation without a permit."

OK. So a few extra rooms is no big deal.

"Initially the company asked for a permit to build 76 rooms, today the resort has 330 rooms,” he said.

Ooops!

Looks like a few blind eyes have been turned here, until now that is.

looks like i have missed something.

what is the reason for seizure of assets?

were the illegal operators or not flouting the laws of

the tourism industry.

53 must be sizeable proportion of the total number of tourist buses in phuket.

So don't you consider Chinese as foreigners then????

I do but recently had some (white) foreigners saying that the Thais only went after them and let the Chinese do what they wanted.

To me this seems like proof that is not the case.

the tourism industry.

See amongst others here, http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-chinese-tour-companies-busted-for-illegal-nominees-57887.php#qoY6dLD8L3XYGh86.97

Edited by stevenl

Nominee Companies ,,,, means that not 51% of capital not paid by Thais but but Thais used as nominee shareholders

The Government has been warning all of us for years that it is illegal.

Sorry, no sympathy... throw the book at them

the tourism industry.

See amongst others here, http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-chinese-tour-companies-busted-for-illegal-nominees-57887.php#qoY6dLD8L3XYGh86.97

I would assume that once you stop paying corruption money, they come down on you like a tonne of bricks, after all, no one noticed anything for 10 years ?

Great job for once, took them long enough though since they first raided Tranlee....

So- let me get this straight- clamping down on naughty Chinese tour companies- GOOD.

Clamping down on naughty (predominately white) foreigners breaking the law by renting out condos- BAD.

You should check out the indignation about foreigners being picked on in the other thread!

EDIT: Personally i am quite happy with both actions.

Edited by Psimbo

Don't forget! According to the school books, this country has never been colonized.

Millions of foreigners living all over Thailand, many having 50/50 kids, and not a bullet fired to be able to do so.

Just bring your baht, and you can "colonize" Thailand. biggrin.png

Great job for once, took them long enough though since they first raided Tranlee....

So- let me get this straight- clamping down on naughty Chinese tour companies- GOOD.

Clamping down on naughty (predominately white) foreigners breaking the law by renting out condos- BAD.

You should check out the indignation about foreigners being picked on in the other thread!

Both are bad for foreign investment, and the tourism industry.

Not true. Adhering to the law is good for the tourist industry. Edited by stevenl

Not true. Adhering to the law is good for the tourist industry.
Probably true in the (very) long haul, but tourism would take quite an initial hit if they enforced the rules regarding sex based business and after hours bars.

Edit: Not that losing that segment of tourism would be a bad thing overall. But quite a few farms up north would be hard hit economically.

Edited by impulse

Wow. There will be many Chinese wandering around there with nothing to do and no transport as well.

They probably saved their lives

Well if they are wandering around with nothing to do------ they don't need a bus to do it with cheesy.gif Sorry but seriously though,all I can see is a money trail here.Someone is going to get a lot of money out of this------ Someone?coffee1.gif

Not true. Adhering to the law is good for the tourist industry.
Probably true in the (very) long haul, but tourism would take quite an initial hit if they enforced the rules regarding sex based business and after hours bars.

Edit: Not that losing that segment of tourism would be a bad thing overall. But quite a few farms up north would be hard hit economically.

This is not about the Thai sex industry or bars.

Nominee Companies ,,,, means that not 51% of capital not paid by Thais but but Thais used as nominee shareholders

The Government has been warning all of us for years that it is illegal.

Sorry, no sympathy... throw the book at them

most thai lawyers the ones that are paid for advise give a false sense of security they are the real criminals not the investors.why would a Thai put their money with a foreigner if he has money can start his own company alone.