PM Prayut expresses concerns over anti-referendum moves

webfact

PM expresses concerns over anti-referendum moves

BANGKOK, 8 July 2016 (NNT) – Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has expressed concerns about possible movement in opposition to a constitutional referendum and instructed government officials to deal with it in accordance with the law.

The premier was concerned over any movement against the referendum, scheduled for August 7, said a spokesman of the National Council for Peace and Order.

The government was merely asking for public cooperation and understanding and properly enforcing the law, he said.

He said that there have been no reports of possible violence during the nationwide referendum so far.
Information and Source

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2016-07-08 footer_n.gif

Doesn't the numnut get it? It's a referendum, it's like a democratic election where people make thier own choice and vote the way they want and nut how they are told. What is he going to do when/if he allows an election, send in the troops if people don't vote for him?

Well we all saw just what he thought about people exercising their right to vote 2 years ago and the bashings and beatings dealt out by yellow rabid thugs for people that wanted to vote. Hypocrite.

I can't see anything like that for August 7th. I suspect It will all go as planed, There may be protesters here and there but the only ones using violence will by the ones in green.

But now, he's all concerned that there is anti-referendum moves. I wonder just when will he give his divine permission for the people of the country to openly discuss the draft?

So in simple terms if someone says he / she thinks the referendum isn't much of a deal and will vote No they're breaking the law ?

It must be illegal if others hear the opinion because isn't the speaker inciting opposition ?

It may sound ridiculous but this is the reality that LoS is facing everyday.

Possible movement?

Movement of what?

Red shirt tank divisions?

Dear Genny, try listening to the Cranberries song 'Zombie'

Oh he produces his own chart toppers. Stirring ballads which bring tears to your eyes (well certainly make your eyes water anyway) and return happiness to the people.

Maybe it is time for another offering? A martial remake of "Yellow Submarine " perhaps?

Seems Prayut and his cronies are realizing that they have wasted the nation's wealth again and that the people want them to buzz off.

They haven't realized anything of the sort. That's part of the problem.

Possible movement?

Movement of what?

a nationwide bowel movement.

I thought " great movements " was Suthep's part of the game.

. :huh:

Possible movement?

Movement of what?

a nationwide bowel movement.

I thought " great movements " was Suthep's part of the game.

. huh.png

Suthep only passes gas, no substance, you see?

Had high hopes when he slammed his fist down and said I'm taking over, thinking they'd not only stop the squabbling but root out the bad guys through Thai society and try to move the country forward before taking a back seat. What's happened/changed? In recent times the people have never been so oppressed, economy scuppered, corruption same or worse, drugs worse, crime WAY up, gang violence endemic, monks running amok, driving standards worse than ever, feral dogs continue to roam the streets (nothing shouts 3rd world more than this), Thai TV continues to convey that guns, violence and the bad treatment of women is ok, adjustment of one's attitude if you don't think like me, silly non-alcohol days... on and on...

They've missed a trick in edging Thailand towards semi-greatness. Time to do some good, chaps.

Had high hopes when he slammed his fist down and said I'm taking over, thinking they'd not only stop the squabbling but root out the bad guys through Thai society and try to move the country forward before taking a back seat. What's happened/changed? In recent times the people have never been so oppressed, economy scuppered, corruption same or worse, drugs worse, crime WAY up, gang violence endemic, monks running amok, driving standards worse than ever, feral dogs continue to roam the streets (nothing shouts 3rd world more than this), Thai TV continues to convey that guns, violence and the bad treatment of women is ok, adjustment of one's attitude if you don't think like me, silly non-alcohol days... on and on...

They've missed a trick in edging Thailand towards semi-greatness. Time to do some good, chaps.

Hey, according to halloween and a (very) few others everything is SO much better now. Why don't you ask him for a list of the junta's glorious achievements??

This is not your country. You are here as guests of Thailand. Better you say nothing; and let Thai people solve their own problems.

"Better you say nothing..."

Why, and for whom is that better?

"....and let Thai people solve their own problems."

I am. The opinions I express here on TVF have zero effect on Thailand.

Why the hell would anyone expect the military to do anything to reform the country?? They have had countless coups and every time just try and solidify their position and reap the rewards.

You would have to be a complete numpty to of expected anything else.

We will be here in 5 years’ time probably in the same position, after another carefully choreographed and planned coup with a few people fresh of the boat actually expecting anything different.

This is not your country. You are here as guests of Thailand. Better you say nothing; and let Thai people solve their own problems.

My hero is your bark worse than your bite? Just asking. Did't someone say some time ago that this was a discussion forum??

Sorry, but the junta won't allow the Thai people to solve their own problems.

Prayu's concerns about possible movement in opposition is the complete lack of any such activity.

He's going to have to covertly create opposition like what was done with the opposition to the New Democracy Students to the train station to protest military corruption over the military built memorial park.

All junta-head needs to do is state publicly that he wants the referendum to succeed.

It's that simple. Given that greater than 99% of Thais love him so much, his popularity is certain to carry the day.

BS. The concept of anyone having a country is ridiculous. It is similar to 2 fleas arguing about which one owns the dog.

I live here. I buy stuff here. I spend money here. I support the Thai economy. That gives me a say, perhaps not a vote, but I'm certainly entitled to an opinion and I'm buggered if I'm going to relinquish that just because you say I should.

Winnie

Edited by Winniedapu

Prayu's concerns about possible movement in opposition is the complete lack of any such activity.

He's going to have to covertly create opposition like what was done with the opposition to the New Democracy Students to the train station to protest military corruption over the military built memorial park.

there is no organised movement against the referendum. To think otherwise is ridiculous. What are they going to say? "Don't vote in the referendum" - hardly; "vote against the draft constitution?" - Why bother? It's not going to make any difference anyway.

No, Prayuth is seeking to cast himself as the unfairly maligned and victimised underdog, a clear attempt to appeal to a natural inclination among many people, to sympathise with whatever seems to be the underdog.

It is childish, transparent, and it won't work, even among Thais, who are not noted for the excellence of their reasoning skills.

Winnie

Once there was a silly old ram

Thought he'd punch a hole in a dam

No one could make that ram, scram

He kept buttin' that dam

'Cause he had high hopes, he had high hopes

He had high apple pie, in the sky hopes