Gay novice monk, 15, murders ex at Chiang Mai temple

webfact

Gay novice monk, 15, murders ex at Chiang Mai temple

s5an.jpg
Image: Daily News

CHIANG MAI: -- A gay novice monk stabbed his ex boyfriend 13 times at a Chiang Mai temple in the early hours of Thursday morning.

San Kamphaeng police were called to the temple of Wat San Kang Pla after reports of a murder outside the monks' quarters, reported Daily News.

They found Udomsak Ratana, 19, a first year student at a Chiang Mai university outside one of the blocks dead from multiple stab wounds.

He had been stabbed in the chest, shoulder and neck a total of 13 times.

The temple was shut up for the night as it was 1am so police suspected an inside job and started interviewing the novices. One stood out who was behaving suspiciously near the robes where there were also bloodstains.

The other monks called him Novice Kitty because he had a Hello Kitty bedspread and liked to use things with the Hello Kitty emblem.

"Kitty" ,15, was wearing pyjamas and soon admitted he was responsible.

Both him and the victim came from Chiang Rai and had come to the temple after their ordinations. They had fallen in love. They stayed in monk's quarters next to each other.

But in March the victim had got into university and left the monkhood. However, he came back on Thursday and asked to sleep with Kitty. Kitty said he didn't love him any more and refused to sleep with him.

An argument broke out and when it started to turn violent the 15 year old produced a knife and stabbed his former lover in the neck.

The victim tried to escape and ran outside but Kitty chased him and stabbed him multiple times until he was dead. He then threw the murder weapon in a pond.

When police arrived he decided to admit what he had done.

He was taken to be defrocked then detained and readied for prosecution.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-08

Now it is goodbye Kitty, stupid young idiot.

Typical behavior of young Thai males.

If they do not get their own way they lash out, have a tantrum.

They want to be men but have the mentality of a child. Thing is very few actually grow up. Maybe Thailand should be advertised by the TAT as the home of Peter Pan

When one person kills another I would place no credence whatsoever on their testimony, since they know that there is going to be no counterclaim, and they are surely going to paint themselves into the most favourable situation possible. Highly likely that the story has been completely reversed ! Not that it matters much though :)

I'm sorry but far too many Thai men are like wild animals.

I disagree with you. Animals only kill for food and in defence, they dont generally kill for no reason (there are a few exceptions I know)

They want to be men but have the mentality of a child. Thing is very few actually grow up. Maybe Thailand should be advertised by the TAT as the home of Peter Pan

Yes, and (second only to China), "Hub of the young Emperor syndrome." (Other contenders being anywhere with lots of Jewish & Italian mums.) Edited by The Deerhunter

We are living in a sick world these day's.

Don't like someone grab a gun or knife and use it

When I was young if you dislike some one a punch up soon sorted the problem and both parties moved on in life

The Hello Kitty bed cover for a 15 year old is just a small clue how immature this boy is

NO, Peter Pan a good.............

At 15 he is, technically, a child.

Pity there seems to be no pastoral care system in which the adult monks can counsel teenagers with problems. Surely someone at the temple would have been aware that all was not right with this kid?

We are living in a sick world these day's.

Don't like someone grab a gun or knife and use it

When I was young if you dislike some one a punch up soon sorted the problem and both parties moved on in life

The Hello Kitty bed cover for a 15 year old is just a small clue how immature this boy is

Erm, don't think so my friend. The Western world has significantly less murders today then it did 30 or 40 years ago.

But I do agree that (although I don't condone violence at all) it's better if he had just got a punch in the chops rather then this outcome.

I think this is also an indictment on the state of Buddhism here now. Monks with cell phones, iPads, shopping for fashion items...180 degrees away from what they are supposed to be doing and the way they should be acting. It's pathetic.

15-year-old Novice Monk Fatally Stabs Ex-Monk After Being Asked for Sex
by CityNews

novice-monk-murder-1200x900.jpg

CityNews – A novice monk has been arrested after fatally stabbing an ex-monk in San Kang Pra Temple after the ex-monk came back to the temple to sleep over and try and have sex with the novice.

On July 7, police arrested the novice monk who admitted to stabbing the ex-monk 13 times in the chest, shoulder and neck after an arguement with the ex-mok following sexual advances.

The novice monk is 15 years old.

Full story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/15-year-old-novice-monk-fatally-stabs-ex-monk-asked-sex/

cn.png
-- Chiang City News 2016-07-08

There's some budding "stars" amongst Thailand' monks...........certainly in the past few months, there's been some action happening!!

Latest is now gay novices.....and a minor at that!

Edited by ChrisY1

Under Thai law, as they were both teenagers, even though the murderer only 15, was there any legal issue if there had been consensual sex? I never heard of any such case in Thailand involving two teenagers past puberty.

Maybe the younger boy is not really gay. Maybe he was coerced into a sexual relationship starting at a much younger age and he had finally gotten rid of the older boy and the problem when he got kicked out/went off to school. He didn't have a lot of options or coping methods and so this happened.

In other words, maybe he was a victim of child sexual abuse and when his abuser came back, he took some action??

No means no, period.

That's true, but murder is not the right response either.

Whatever, whatever, is this Buddhism at its best?

The word Buddha (for that was not his real name) means "fully awake" which as a man (a prince) is what he remarkably achieved.

Any monk not following the path that he laid out is asleep and living in Ego, for it was only by annihilating his Ego did he become and attain enlightenment.

So in answer to your question:

No this incident has nothing to do with Buddhism in any way shape or form and anyone following his teachings that then deviates from it is off the path.

The song is a great song but not all singers are great.