Cheap Place To Stay For A Few Months

yeehi

Hello!

I would like a cheap place in Chiang Mai for a few months or maybe more.

If it had internet / cable tv, that would be great. Maybe aircon would be useful later.

One room is ok.

Any ideas?

near thae pae gate is good, but transport is ok.

btw, i heard about a place 700 meters up the mae rim road, turn right and next to a hospital.

It is meant to be v good/cheap. I couldn't find it.

What would that hospital be called? It is supposed to be on a one way street.

I don't have better directions sorry.

But i am looking for anywhere, ok? :o

Chung Puak hospital.I think I know the apartment block you are talking about.Pink building.just get to the main enterence of the hospital.I think it is a one way street.If you get to the Hospital,you have passed the apartments.:o ..they are a couple of doors away.

Chung Puak hospital.I think I know the apartment block you are talking about.Pink building.just get to the main enterence of the hospital.I think it is a one way street.If you get to the Hospital,you have passed the apartments.:D ..they are a couple of doors away.

How cheap is cheap?

There's a small apartment block on the same soi as my house with rooms that have internet (not sure about cable tv, probably) I believe they're going for about 3000 baht a month (5 minute walk from Chiang Mai Uni north entrance - soi opposite Boat Restaurant). I don't think they have air conditioning though. The popular choice is Baan Farang errr sorry, Baan Thai :o on Nimmanhemin, more expensive at (I think) about 5000 baht a month, they have A/C, cable and internet plus a pool. Personally I like this side of town (west side) because it's a bit quieter and less busy but still really convenient... Of course Chiang Mai has so much accomodation so I'd say it really depends on what you want to be close to..

If Tha Pae then you might find a place inside the moat, although I personally think it's nice to stay outside a little especially if you don't need to be there every day.

Best advice is to put on the walking shoes and take a walk around some of the areas.. :-) You might discover a hidden gem of a place that's perfect for you (if you have the time that is).