Veggie juice always has fruit mixed, why?

Sakeopete

Why doesn't there seem to be a veggie juice like V-8 available in Thailand? Thai brands always have orange or apple juice in their veggie mixes Tipico, Malee etc. Is it a tax thing? Has anyone come across tetra pack veggie juice without fruit added?

Oh and the other day my son picked up a carton of watermelon juice only to find it was mixed with tomato OMFG it was terrible!

Edited by Sakeopete

Is vegetable juice here as full of added sugar as fruit juice? I presume so. I'm still not giving up my daily naam manao.

To the op- I reckon it is more a case of veggie juice being added to fruit juice here. You'll have to give it some time. Meanwhile you could make your own? Just get a juicer. You can have mine for free if you collect.

I suspect that there are two reasons:

1) Thais like the sweetness

2) It's cheaper

I certainly do not like the mixed veg/fruit juices here, and they tend to be very watery also. V-8 is so much better. Most of the big food shops in Pattaya have it, but of course it is expensive.

I generally buy tomato juice in cans or cartons, and fresh carrot juice from BigC (it's cheap there), mix them and add my own extras (onion, broccoli, chilli, beetroot etc). Makes a nice substitute for V-8.

Good with a slug of vodka also.