Eastern Europeans on overstay offering motorbikes for "10,000 baht each"

webfact

Eastern Europeans on overstay offering motorbikes for "10,000 baht each"

russ.jpg

Image: Chomburi Imigrayion

PATTAYA: -- A husband and wife from Eastern Europe have been arrested after offering motorbikes for sale at 10,000 baht each in the Pattaya area.

The arrests are the latest announcement on the website of Chonburi Immigration under the banner headline "Good guys in, Bad guys out".

Yury Linkov 32, from Russia and his wife Yulia Shevtsova, 29 from Ukraine were arrested at the entrance to a Banglamung building after a sting operation by immigration "spies".

The spies had shown an interest in the couple after they found out that they were offering many motorbikes for cheap sale. They were offered for only 10,000 baht - reported by Chonburi Immigration as clearly too cheap.

They were contacted and a meeting was arranged and even though they brought none of the bikes with them they were found to be on overstay after immigration officers revealed themselves. The Russian had been here 585 days and his wife 159 days.

Pattaya police are now also involved in the case.

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-11

If brains were gunpowder, these guys would have trouble blowing their nose, There are many more illegals in Jomtien, when immigration posted signs up in the foyer of the condo , saying a date they were inspecting loads of tenants vanished,

...so, what was the biz model? You fork over 10k baht and they run out and steal the bike?

Dunno if it is reported much in the press, but with low season---many motorbikes are getting stolen this summer in Pattaya.

Sign of tough times.

...so, what was the biz model? You fork over 10k baht and they run out and steal the bike?

Dunno if it is reported much in the press, but with low season---many motorbikes are getting stolen this summer in Pattaya.

Sign of tough times.

Midnight Moto.

Anything you want, we'll have it.

Tomorrow.

If brains were gunpowder, these guys would have trouble blowing their nose, There are many more illegals in Jomtien, when immigration posted signs up in the foyer of the condo , saying a date they were inspecting loads of tenants vanished,

Really? To be honest I only know of 1 man who is on overstay, that's not to say you are wrong I believe what you are saying to be true. I just don't understand how people expect to get away with it for any period of time.

Also, don't really understand why they do it. The immigration process is a pain for sure but a lot less of a pain then looking over your shoulder and waiting to be arrested.

Very strange.

Do you think they have got any bikes left,,,?

I am not concerned how it is happening but it does appear as if there are more and more toe rags being shown the door. This can be and is good for the rest of us.

Keep up the good work.

I am not concerned how it is happening but it does appear as if there are more and more toe rags being shown the door. This can be and is good for the rest of us.

Keep up the good work.

Not so sure about that,

Think it just re enforces the all farangs are bad mentality we know exists here in Pattaya.

We are not the golden goose anymore to them.

It also lets the locals go about there bad deeds with the heat turned down very low. coffee1.gif

That said , yes, get rid of the bad boys

Edited by onemorechang

Keep up the good work.

Not so sure about that,

Think it just re enforces the all farangs are bad mentality we know exists here in Pattaya.

We are not the golden goose anymore to them.

It also lets the locals go about there bad deeds with the heat turned down very low. coffee1.gif

That said , yes, get rid of the bad boys

If you don't spend in the country. There is no Golden Goose, Eggs, or even Chicken wings.

" after a sting operation by immigration "spies".Its getting more like East Germany,

under the Stasi everyday.

regards worgeordie

Sounds a wee bit gentler than any STASI SOP (Standard Operating Procdure) I ever read about in a James Bond book! Edited by The Deerhunter

Keep up the good work.

Maybe, not really sure. to many I have not been here very long and I hear that people have been overstaying for ever.

Anyway, until there is something in it for them I dont see the police doing a big round up, they will wait until the overstayers fall into their laps somehow.

Well.....The fault lies with this Nation gaining a reputation for open season for criminals....hang a few of em. clamp down hard. send the message that crime here is for thais only.

Bad publicity for foreigners do we know if the good guy are the majority or the bad one are ruining our image.

Regardless they should taste of a good time in the prison first class facility with the rats and having the good fish head soup.

That would teach a little lesson and they would not come back to tarnish our good guy reputation.