Thais warned: Don't go to Thaksin's birthday party - we might not let you back home

webfact

Thais warned: Don't go to Thaksin's birthday party - we might not let you back home

s5.jpg
Image Thairath

BANGKOK: -- Former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra has cancelled a lavish birthday bash in Hong Kong after potential guests were warned by the military junta - go to the party and we might not let you back into Thailand.

Hundreds of Pheu Thai officials and associates of the former premier were set to attend his 66th birthday celebration, reported Thairath. Flights were booked and big hotels reserved. A previous travel ban had been lifted and the guests were ready to give their leader their blessings in Hong Kong.

But word got round through senior Pheu Thai officials that the military were not happy that such a large number of people were going and that it would create political instability especially with the upcoming charter referendum on August 7th. And they intimated that people who went might not be allowed to return to Thailand.

Many potential guests started to change their mind prompting Taksin to pull the plug on he party altogether. Instead he will have a small gathering in Beijing for close family members.

Source: Thairath

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-15

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely someone has made a silly mistake.

You go to Thaksins party, we will not allow you to come backcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

Brain dead stupid buggers, saying or doing thinks like that you are only making Thaksins cause to look more respectable.

I will not be going he forgot my invitegiggle.gifgiggle.gifgiggle.gif

Isn't that a face you'd just love to punch. 555555

What a piece of excrement, glad it's having another birthday.....one step closer to death.

He probably has the same views about expats like you who feel the need to meddle in politics of a nation that you are merely a guest in.

Always engage brain before opening ones mouth.

What a piece of excrement, glad it's having another birthday.....one step closer to death.

He probably has the same views about expats like you who feel the need to meddle in politics of a nation that you are merely a guest in.

I think you should get some advice on my status in Thailand. Then follow your last sentence you wrote.

They are wise words the last ones. ;)

Now you peed up the wrong tree, sir! cheesy.gif Guest 5555555

Keep making such statements as "If you go to Thaksin's birthday party, we will not let you come back to Thailand".

The ONLY thing that you achieve with spreading such warnings is making Thaksin and PTP stronger.

On the other hand, the only reason for the remaining support they still get is the hatred for Thaksin by some people. This forum provides a good example of this phenomenon. They need to maintain a certain level of Thaksin's visibility to go on using him as a bogeyman.

hey it's easy - the system cancels their passports whilst abroad dry.png

A passport is not citizenship. Were I a Thai in that position I would simply tell the guy on the desk to go #### himself and keep walking.

Excellent news.

Once this arrogant, self-centred, vile, pathetic, inbred scumbag is nailed and brought back to stand trial, then this abortion can throw all the lavish parties he wants in jail.

lock.gifpartytime2.giflock.gif

Excellent news! Apart from the fact it isn't going to happen.

It seems a little petty, even for Thailand.

I wouldn't want Cameron or Blair saying who I could visit on holiday.

You're right, as always he went to far.

Saying that the politicians should not be visiting a former politician and wanted criminal in their home country. They should be supporting the country and respecting the countries laws. So, all the PM had to do was simply say "by visiting this man, you are representing your country abroad and as such it is inappropriate as he is a fugitive, if you decide to do this you are jeopardising your position for behaving inappropriately as a member of the current lending party"

Simple as that,, threatening that they cannot even enter their own country is just ridiculous. But like so may issues, no thinking it through.

What strikes me as stupid is this Knucklehead is hiding in plain sight in a country that Thailand is kissing there butt for what? Oh yeah all that extra baht there going to loan Thailand then when they fail to repay take over the country.

Can't they see that they're just solidifying people's alliance to Thaksin by making such threats?

Who made what threat? Could just as easily been the PTP treasurer didn't want to admit they don't have the funds to sponsor 1,000 followers to HK for a wild shindig, especially with Thai Airlines cutting back on free seats for the well connected.

Or a PTP leader just trying to drive another wedge between the good guys and the bad guys. (Note carefully I didn't say which were which)

Edited by impulse

hey it's easy - the system cancels their passports whilst abroad dry.png

What, and try to make them stateless persons?? How does cancelling a passport enable an IO to deny a Thai citizen re-entry to his own country, even if the passport gets confiscated in the process? 'Seems like that would actually precipitate human rights issues. You can cancel the passport, but it's still proof of nationality/citizenship.

Something got lost or added in translation here...

Edited by hawker9000

I think you should get some advice on my status in Thailand. Then follow your last sentence you wrote.

They are wise words the last ones. wink.png

They are indeed wise words, why then are you not following them?

Are there any official warning issued by the government warning supporters of this, as if there isn't..this could just be a case of someone in the PTP making things up to cause trouble , as the PTP are not beyond lying about things if if forwards their agenda, after all there is the matter of the lies told about the rice scheme..

Edited by Bikoboogie

What a mob of bone heads this Junta is , Prayut showing his true colours , desperate men doing desperate things, all in the name of harmony and peace, anyone wants to take a trip back in time needs to go no further than Thailand , well Prayut , what comes around goes around , don't say I didn't warn U.........................coffee1.gif

They can not stop them from returning to there home country. Stupid strong arm tactics being used here. They do anything to get their way.

Or it could just as easily be Pheu Thai spreading false rumors and making false accusations.

It's not like it would be a first for them.

Edited by Rayk