Daily Mail back again

Konini

Not that I would want to associate myself with such a rag, but I clicked on the wrong thing during a google search and there it was in all of it's 'glory'.

Did I miss an announcement or are the government relaxing the rules a little?

Nothing to do with newspaper being a ' rag ' or not, it's about unreasonable decision and freedom of the press,

I always thought that not being able to access the DM was a decision of a low ranking bureaucrats who forgot

to remove the DM from the list it long time ago.....

On since a while.

And even contents strictly banned in Thailand can be found/opened.

Distributing in Thailand would bring you to jail for decades.

Just tried a nasty page.

Can be opened.

I am stunned and will keep this to myself tongue.png

It was recently noticed that changes in the internet censorship had been implemented.

Software from some German company involved.

The "old" forbidden site from MICT has not been seen for long? Gone?

Did they forget to switch it on or can't understand the SW manual biggrin.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

I have been able to access the DM for a long time now. Living in Chonburi and using a TOT Winet internet connection.

However, when I go back to the village in Korat, although we still use a TOT Winet system, the DM is still blocked.

Also, if I tether in Chonburi using my AIS 3G internet I can still access the DM but if I do the same at the village in Korat it's still blocked.

So I assume all the ISP's in Korat are set to block the DM still.

On since a while.

And even contents strictly banned in Thailand can be found/opened.

Distributing in Thailand would bring you to jail for decades.

Just tried a nasty page.

Can be opened.

I am stunned and will keep this to myself tongue.png

It was recently noticed that changes in the internet censorship had been implemented.

Software from some German company involved.

The "old" forbidden site from MICT has not been seen for long? Gone?

Did they forget to switch it on or can't understand the SW manual biggrin.png

Yet the hard copy Daily Mail can be found in many bars in Pattaya (and presumably elsewhere) that offer copies of newspapers for patrons........smile.png

I have been able to access the DM for a long time now. Living in Chonburi and using a TOT Winet internet connection.

However, when I go back to the village in Korat, although we still use a TOT Winet system, the DM is still blocked.

Also, if I tether in Chonburi using my AIS 3G internet I can still access the DM but if I do the same at the village in Korat it's still blocked.

How very bizarre. The initial thought of that is that it's politically motivated, can't have the red shirt types reading it, but that can't be the case because I'm in Chiang Mai (also on TOT). There are obviously some very zealous regional managers, or maybe there are some who just didn't get the memo. I can't see TOT allowing access to a site which was specifically banned though; the DM did a story about a certain family around the time of the coup to earn the ban didn't they? I remember the timing because we got back from UK the day the world cup started (we missed the excitement of the coup and the initial curfew) and livescore.com was also blocked along with 100-odd others to discourage gambling. Like many others, I found a workaround using .eu instead of .com, but just checked and livescore.com is also back up. Just tried wikileaks too, that's back as well which is a little surprising, they were blocked for years.

I can't think of any other sites that were blocked to test them out. Perhaps they're not supposed to be unblocked at TOT has dropped the ball?????

How very bizarre. The initial thought of that is that it's politically motivated, can't have the red shirt types reading it, but that can't be the case because I'm in Chiang Mai (also on TOT). There are obviously some very zealous regional managers, or maybe there are some who just didn't get the memo. I can't see TOT allowing access to a site which was specifically banned though; the DM did a story about a certain family around the time of the coup to earn the ban didn't they? I remember the timing because we got back from UK the day the world cup started (we missed the excitement of the coup and the initial curfew) and livescore.com was also blocked along with 100-odd others to discourage gambling. Like many others, I found a workaround using .eu instead of .com, but just checked and livescore.com is also back up. Just tried wikileaks too, that's back as well which is a little surprising, they were blocked for years.

I can't think of any other sites that were blocked to test them out. Perhaps they're not supposed to be unblocked at TOT has dropped the ball?????

I've been able to access the DM in Chonburi for over a year now so I don't think it's a 'mistake'.

Also, in Chonburi I've always been able to access the DM android app, It's never been blocked, but again, in Korat the app was/is? blocked. I must admit though I haven't checked lately in Korat. When we go there I just turn on a VPN to access the DM, it's simpler.

Blocked for me....

If I go to: h t t p : / / w w w .dailymail.co.uk (without the spaces), it is blocked.

If I go to: h t t p : / / w w w .dailymail.co.uk/news/index.html (without the spaces), it is not blocked.

Go figure. biggrin.png

(3BB, Phuket)

Maybe I'm just being dumb (quite possible) but I don't get you Brit's obsession with this newspaper. I use a constant VPN so it's never been blocked for me, but apart form the odd article I found interesting, the majority of the content is pretty run of the mill, a tad Fox News'ish but nothing that i would think drives this level of angst when it's blocked.

Now, be gentle with me, but could someone explain why this evokes such outrage??