Delegates enthused by Donald Trump's speech but not everyone is happy

rooster59

Delegates enthused by Donald Trump's speech but not everyone is happy

post-247607-0-10329100-1469226893_thumb.

It was party time at the Republican National Convention.

Trump’s acceptance speech as the party nominee was interrupted repeatedly by cheers and chants, whoops and hollers, by the enthusiastic crowd of delegates packed into the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio.

It was a combination of rhetoric, political promise and swagger that was well received by many. But not everyone was happy.

Kelly Schmidt from North Dakota said: “I think it’s been a great success. I think they’ve done a wonderful job of bringing us all together, and I think when we leave here tonight, we will leave here united and ready to elect Donald Trump as our next president.”

“I think Donald Trump hit a home run tonight, said Ohio’s Janet Creighton. “I was a Kasich delegate. We were all pledged to him. I am on the Trump train. He was concise, he was assertive, he says what he means and means what he says.”

Paige Lewis from South Carolina said she was concerned about unity within the party:
“It is a problem and I hate to see it, but we have a nominee who has been divisive from the beginning.”

Don Olmstead, a delegate from Colorado, said he was not at all convinced by Trump: “I supported Ted Cruz because of his belief in the Constitution, constitutional principles, freedom, you heard that last night, the Bill of Rights, free markets. There really wasn’t anything in the speech for me tonight that brought me on board.”

Dissension remains within the ranks while Ted Cruz resides in the memory of others, but Trump’s fervent supporters are convinced he is the man for the White House.

euronews2.png
-- (c) Copyright Euronews 2016-07-23

Appears the Republican Party is coming to realize they would rather have him inside the tent pissing out...than outside the tent pissing in.

Thanks for a humorous and spot-on post!

Agreed! But you could have at least duly credited this well-known quote to LBJ.

http://izquotes.com/quote/241192

Did you write Melania's speech?

Appears the Republican Party is coming to realize they would rather have him inside the tent pissing out...than outside the tent pissing in.

Honest question for you but I highly doubt that LBJ actually created that saying but rather "borrowed" it himself since it has long been in a part of the rural vocabulary.

Technically, should the quote still be attributable to LBJ if it was an already existing expression?

Thanks for the insight.

Edited by ClutchClark

Honest question for you but I highly doubt that LBJ actually created that saying but rather "borrowed" it himself since it has long been in a part of the rural vocabulary.

Technically, should the quote still be attributable to LBJ if it was an already existing expression?

Thanks for the insight.

Interesting point! I've learned something new. So, thanks!

I am sure that many other quotes attributed to famous people were "borrowed" from others, whether a speechwriter or just a folk saying or from whomever. Nevertheless, we do attribute the quote to whomever put it into circulation.

Had it now been for LBJ, I'd bet that the saying would still be only a rural one somewhere in the USA, assuming it would still be used today. (As an American, I have only heard it from stories referencing LBJ and never just colloquially.) So, I think LBJ deserves credit.

Edited by helpisgood

Thanks for the insight.

I am sure that many other quotes attributed to famous people were "borrowed" from others, whether a speechwriter or just a folk saying or from whomever. Nevertheless, we do attribute the quote to whomever put it into circulation.

Had it now been for LBJ, I'd bet that the saying would still be only a rural one somewhere in the USA, assuming it would still be used today. (As an American, I have only heard it from stories referencing LBJ and never just colloquially.) So, I think LBJ deserves credit.

Spot on!!
The famous "Ich bin ein Berliner" was heard from many guys queuing to join the Wermacht in WWII!

Thanks for the insight.

Spot on!!
The famous "Ich bin ein Berliner" was heard from many guys queuing to join the Wermacht in WWII!

" Ich bin ein Berliner " actually means " I am a jam doughnut" , which may go some way to explaining the howls of acclamation from the notoriously cynical people of that city when President Kennedy stood up and said that.

Mind you they knew what he meant!

For one he said he was going to scrap the Iran deal, did he for get that Germany, France, UK and EU as a whole all agreed to it as well as the USA?

At this point, unilaterally backing out of that deal would hurt the USA more than Iran. That's true of most of his insane promises. Things are not nearly as bad as his dark, dark apocalypse speech indicates, but his policies might get us there!

Yes, if I were Hillary, I would not be happy!

I wouldn't be so sure. That mad dark convention provided a massive amount of material for RED MEAT democratic attacks on the fascist trump movement. If it had been more normal, less to work with.

trump's campaign manager (famous for working for autocratic dictators internationally) is trying to frame this election as CHANGE vs. STATUS QUO.

Fair enough.

The Clinton campaign can frame it as SANITY vs. DANGEROUS INSANITY.

Edited by Jingthing

For one he said he was going to scrap the Iran deal, did he for get that Germany, France, UK and EU as a whole all agreed to it as well as the USA?

I don't think he really cares much what European leaders think. ALL the funds transferred to Iran because of that deal were USD.

I don't think he really cares much what European leaders think. ALL the funds transferred to Iran because of that deal were USD.

None of those funds were US funds.

Thanks for the insight.

Your explanation makes good sense about credit going to the one who put it in circulation.

LBJ is the guy who made it famous.

Its describes the current RNC / Trump relationship perfectly.

Edited by ClutchClark

- Does he know the names of the high profile European countries and their current leaders names?

- Or does he think Europe is a country?

- And does he know where Europe is?

Don't worry about HRC. She has more than enough ammunition to tear The Trumpster to little bitty orange shreds. But she doesn't need to do it. He's doing it to himself.

The Divider's speech was pure Mussolini. Americans need to be terrified. He's the only person who can help them. He will make Americans safer the minute he takes office on January 20th. But until then, be scared. Be paranoid. Brown skinned people of the world are trying to sneak into America to kill you and your children. The Divider is the only person who can protect you. Vote for him, because if you don't, you and your family will be jobless and endangered everywhere you go.

- Does he know the names of the high profile European countries and their current leaders names?

- Or does he think Europe is a country?

- And does he know where Europe is?

You sound a bit confused...do you realize Trump has a few billion dollars in real estate and business interests around the globe?

Trump is not a politician...Trump has actually made money through hard work (and lawsuits) rather than off the American taxpayer like the Clintons and the rest of Congress. But to suggest he does not have any understanding of geopgraphy is ridiculous.

Don't worry about HRC. She has more than enough ammunition to tear The Trumpster to little bitty orange shreds. But she doesn't need to do it. He's doing it to himself.

The Divider's speech was pure Mussolini. Americans need to be terrified. He's the only person who can help them. He will make Americans safer the minute he takes office on January 20th. But until then, be scared. Be paranoid. Brown skinned people of the world are trying to sneak into America to kill you and your children. The Divider is the only person who can protect you. Vote for him, because if you don't, you and your family will be jobless and endangered everywhere you go.

Apparently you don't realize that the moniker, "The Great Divider" has long since ben given to Obama as a play on his campaign promise of being "The Great Uniter". That was sure a doozy of a promise but alot of people fell for the idea.

Apparently you don't realize that the moniker, "The Great Divider" has long since ben given to Obama as a play on his campaign promise of being "The Great Uniter". That was sure a doozy of a promise but alot of people fell for the idea.

No, that honour has to be given to Congress and Senate who have done everything they could to block anything coming from the White House.

Thanks for the insight.

Spot on!!

"I am a donut."

An old line but a good line.

I think it was originally spoken by LBJ referring to J Edgar Hoover??

Edit: After posting, I read the post immediately above.

I think Trump will moderate his views/position before the election so his appeal will broaden somewhat.

At least he has actually worked for a living and succeeded, more than can be said for the parasitic professional politicians.

Will that make him a good president? Time will tell, but he probably can't do a worse job than the weak incumbent.

Edited by F4UCorsair

No, that honour has to be given to Congress and Senate who have done everything they could to block anything coming from the White House.

Who needs Congressional approval?

Just circumvent the Balace of Power and abuse the Executive Order privilege.

Our gov't system is broken.

We are therefore grateful that our current president as taken concrete steps to preserve that "balance of power" by issuing fewer executive orders during a multiple term president since Grant in 1877.

http://www.presidency.ucsb.edu/data/orders.php

TH

We are therefore grateful that our current president as taken concrete steps to preserve that "balance of power" by issuing fewer executive orders during a multiple term president since Grant in 1877.

TH

I thought it was since Grover Cleveland.

TH

I thought it was since Grover Cleveland.

113 + 140 = 253 is more then 244, though admittedly Obama still has 6 months to go.

Still not sure what your point is in bringing up executive orders in the first place.

TH