What is your all-time favorite movie?

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well - it certainly isn't the new Star Trek flick - don't anyone waste their time or money....Made by the guy that did the Fast & Furious series & has all the depth, explosion & passion as those things with a story that has more holes in it than the USS Enterprise when it went down....Without the cool cars & good looking gals - counterfeit/bogus Star Trek.....

The movies I take out & enjoy watching from time to time are:

Forest Gump - a lot of him in all of us....

Hildalgo - love the grit & heart of a true story....

Shanghai Noon - Fun, entertaining, & quirky in many ways.....

Pale Rider is also a good watch....

Edited by pgrahmm

"The Life Aquatic With Steve Zissou" - Almost everyone I know hates it. I love it because it's so quirky but it's got everything, including a couple of great action set pieces. The set design and cinematography are really un, Bill Murray is fantastic, as is Jeff Goldblum. Plus the soundtrack is top notch

That is easy: Apocalypse Now. I consider it a flawed masterpiece, because of the bizarre ending, but it is still the best movie I've ever seen. From the moment the 300 pound Marlon Brando (living in the jungles of Cambodia) got on screen, it became hard to take it seriously, but it is still a great film.

Kingpin is probably my favorite comedy, so I have respect for the guy who posted it above. However, I probably prefer dozens of movies of different genres over it.

For me it's a toss up between "Gorky Park" and "Les Miserables [1998 version]. So to keep it at one I'll pick the latter. Great story and top acting by Neeson, Rush, Thurman and Danes. Rush stands out....brilliant actor.

Edited by newatthis

Apocalypse Now.

Just a great great man's film with a good musical score, I would not say it is important in everyday life though!

The Godfather is pretty good, along with Fight Club.

Edited by jacko45k

Apocalypse Now is one

Longest Day is anther

Altered States was the one that probably I remember the most the vivid lighting and effects and the isolation tanks whish we stillhave today.

just wish I could find a copy of it

One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest - A brilliant satirical story of one man's fight against the mental hospital system, characterised flawlessly by Jack Nicholson in the lead role. Sad, funny, moving, exhilarating all at the same time.

Shawshank Redemption a close number 2.

Vertigo (1958). An obsessive masterpiece on obsession it profoundly captures the essence of film and contemplates why it has such a powerful effect on the viewer. I've seen it countless times. I moved to San Francisco because of this movie.