Dems' opening night: Party stars, struggle to quiet disputes

webfact

Good speech by Michelle Obama, could she be thinking of being the first Black Woman President of the USA in a few years time?

Well, yes, she has a path if she wants that. But there is no way she will run for president just based on being first lady. She'll have to follow in Hillary Clinton's path and get elected to political office. The Obama family is staying in Washington D.C. for awhile but will likely move after that. Not sure if it's going to be back to Chicago or not. Why not Hawaii?

As first ladies go she has been a good diplomat, and probably not really thinking of public office.

Hillary was a politician in her own right, and was well qualified to become part of the Obama administration.

Her speech was way better than the one in 2008, "for the first time I'm proud to be an American" speech. Maybe after 8 years in the White House she has grown patriotic, and that is a good thing.

JT it just got a little awkward there. If a person is asked to 'stretch' it is unprofessional to say you have been asked to 'stretch' you just 'stretch'. Bernie supporters have to be encouraged to come on board and support Hillary not dragged along with force or admonished. Dems have to harness their passion and let them know the revolution is just getting started. When is Hillary making her entrance? They are possibly waiting to see how things go first. Maybe it needs Bernie to come on with Hillary onto the stage. I presume Obama is the next big gun to enter center stage.

Don't get me wrong Sarah Silverman wasn't anywhere near embarrassing as a bloody Chachi. On day one the Dems have wiped the floor with the Republicans. What big gun did Trump have not counting Cruz who came out and stabbed him in the back live on stage. Oh man what a shambles.

It is easy to see why the more intelligent and educated section of the electorate are Democrats

I had the idea originally that what Silverman said may have actually been brilliantly helpful but it seems I'm not the only one that thinks that. It was certainly a risky thing to say but she's known for being edgy.

http://forward.com/news/breaking-news/346060/did-sarah-silverman-save-the-democratic-convention-ed-rendell-thinks-so/?attribution=home-hero-item-text-4

Democratic heavyweight Ed Rendell says Sarah Silverman’s slap down of diehard Bernie Sanders supporters may have turned around the entire Democratic convention.

The former Philadelphia mayor credited the comedian with shutting down the boos with her “you’re being ridiculous” admonition in a way that no politician could have done, Politico reported.

“No politician could have ever said what she said to the Bernie or Bust people,” e said. “It had a tremendous effect.”

Seemed like a Red Wedding for the progressive left in America.

For some reason, Bernie thought it would be a pretty neat idea to ally with the Dems. This pulled all of the air out of other progressive movements, Greens in particular. Then he couldn't win against the Clinton machine; predictable. And of course, allegations against Hillary cause her to be crippled. She will be very lucky to win against Trump and I doubt it. I expect an October surprise that will drive frightened Amerikans into the arms of a strongman.

Expats in Mexico may be targeted by cartels for instance.

Good speech by Michelle Obama, could she be thinking of being the first Black Woman President of the USA in a few years time?

I love the part where she said American was the greatest country in the world. I think everyone here would agree with her on that. thumbsup.gif

Make me chuckle when his own supporters boo'd Bernie for saying they should support HRC, and they were not cheering Warren at all. Not to forget the Bernie supporters outside chanting that they would not vote for HRC. Makes me sad that he sold out so quickly though. I thought he was the one politician with integrity- I was wrong.

So, DWS got employed by HRC as soon as she was sacked. I guess HRC was in it up to her neck- just better at hiding this deceit than the others. How corrupt is that woman?

You want a chuckle? Listen to this older lady rant. A Bernie supporter, she starts off on Trump but then drops a few MOABs on Hillary...

https://www.facebook.com/claudia.stauber/videos/10208776020210828/

I love the part where she said American was the greatest country in the world. I think everyone here would agree with her on that. thumbsup.gif

Apparently not trump. His bs mantra is to make America great again. That means he thinks it's not great NOW.

Apparently not trump. His bs mantra is to make America great again. That means he thinks it's not great NOW.

It certainly is not as great as it used to be. Our enemies don't fear us. Our allies don't trusts us. Thousands of well paying middle-class jobs have disappeared. That is why so many people listen to Trump. He makes some really good points that many other politicians will not admit.

Oh goody. More family dynasties lording it over the plebs.

She could try but I predict she won't. I've never seen her as ambitious that way. Cory Booker, on the other hand, he wants it.

Hopefully, both can run in 2020

Michelle Obama was brilliant as was Elizabeth Warren.

<snip>

Elizabeth Warren made me spit my coffee. "One more thing", she said, "we must get big money out of politics."

cheesy.gif

Hilarious.

While serving as an obedient lapdog to the poster child for "big money in politics".

She appears a bit more unhinged every time I have seen her perform

It certainly is not as great as it used to be. Our enemies don't fear us. Our allies don't trusts us. Thousands of well paying middle-class jobs have disappeared. That is why so many people listen to Trump. He makes some really good points that many other politicians will not admit.

He also highlighted how bad the situation is for blacks in the inner-cities and how they need help. Clinton has their vote locked up so don't expect anything from her about it.

Silly article written before Michelle Obama's, Warren's and Bernie's speeches.

The Democrats will most likely score a clean sweep of the Presidency, Senate and House in November.

I really hate to say it, but you could be right.

It will be awful for us that don't live in the US, but are affected by it's policies though. We don't need more terrorism, but we'll get it under HRC's leadership.

I watched all three big speeches this morning. Could all have been written by the same speechwriter- start with a bit of shucks this is how I got started, morph into an anti Trump rant and then laud HRC.

Can't remember much of Kaine's speech, but Pence must be relishing debating him. He's just not a good public speaker.

Uncle Joe's speech was good, but didn't tell us why people should vote for HRC. Mainly doing what Pence did and attacking the opponent. I thought it was a bit much saying HRC had the coal miner's backs though, when one remembers that she helped put them out of work. She certainly doesn't have the vet's backs, or the ambassador in Benghazi.

Obama got less applause than Bernie ( I saw the sell out sitting in the audience- I wonder what he got for endorsing her after he knew how he'd been shafted? ).

Bit rich talking about co operation, when he refused to compromise with the GOP for his entire presidency.

I was not impressed that the man that called for less combative discourse in politics should spend so much time attacking Trump, rather than sticking with his "everything is great in the US" positive message. That would have been much more statesman like for his possibly last big speech before becoming a lame duck in November. I guess it's like the scorpion and the frog though- it's in his nature.

The common theme was about how much HRC did for children. Perhaps she did, but being president is about security, not children. I want her to kill IS, not comfort poor children. However, IS was barely mentioned. Perhaps they think if they ignore them, they'll go away.

No doubt millions will be waiting to see how she performs tomorrow, as will I. If she spends her time attacking Trump, I'll know that she is really, really scared he will win. No doubt that is what their polling is telling them, but she doesn't have to go down that route.