Top businessman warns Thais not to chase away Chinese tourists

snoop1130

Took an international flight from Don Muang on Monday. Chinese from a tour tried to cut in front of me in baggage x-ray line, again in the check-in line, and again in carry-on x-ray line.

They do it everywhere, and wait for the gate to open, patiently, and as soon as the people appear at the desk, Shanghai pushes its way to the front, they did it to me in Amman 3 weeks ago, they were dozens of them from a Dead Sea tour all pushing their way to the front to the dismay of the other expats waiting in line....that's when I told them all to them all to "F-Off" in Chinese!! That sort of made them stop, and hover away.

How to say FO in Chinese? might come in handy I think

Google Translate suggests...

post-167660-0-20343100-1469589984_thumb.

Many of the chineseare individual travellers not all are on tours. My girlfriend works in a hotel here in Chiang Mai she says the majority are ok but her biggest complaint is when they buy a tour or transport outside of her hotel and then want her to call and check on it for them, she just refuses tells them you bought it you take care. She can usually save them money on their tours but they all think the internet is cheaper.

Sooner or later the tour companies in China will steer its hoards towards other newer countries to overwhelm, so its not going to be a case of chasing them away, as oneday they will not be coming anymore.

They are already going everywhere else. Thailand isn't special, just close and easy with so many direct flights.

Hope so, right now they (the cheap tours) are subsidized mainly by the Thai government, there appears to be a race among the Asean countries "Who can get the most broke Chinese tourists in volume", so far Thailand is winning but i'm not sure its such a good thing. Does Thailand need more tourists, it doesn't seem to, they got rid of western "long-term-backpackers" only to be replaced by Chinese "all-inclusive-tours", seems like a terrible replacement.

any source to back up that these tours are subsidized by the government?

Oh Yer just love to see a link on that-----or have some of what your smoking....either would be fine....Talk about Fantasy land.............coffee1.gif

“Do not miss out the opportunity. More Chinese will travel abroad and if Chinese tourists avoid coming to Thailand and visiting other countries instead, Thailand will lose heavily,”

Read: 'We've scraped the bottom of the barrel and have nowhere else to turn. So if they want to sweep up your buffets, load them into their 7/11 carrier bags and then take a dump in your pool, let 'em I say!' laugh.png

Took an international flight from Don Muang on Monday. Chinese from a tour tried to cut in front of me in baggage x-ray line, again in the check-in line, and again in carry-on x-ray line.

They do it everywhere, and wait for the gate to open, patiently, and as soon as the people appear at the desk, Shanghai pushes its way to the front, they did it to me in Amman 3 weeks ago, they were dozens of them from a Dead Sea tour all pushing their way to the front to the dismay of the other expats waiting in line....that's when I told them all to them all to "F-Off" in Chinese!! That sort of made them stop, and hover away.

LOL, well my favorite is to tell someone to go f*** themselves as in, literally "stroke the airplane". It's so funny, I don't know how the Chinese can associate touching an airplane with masturbation (considering an airplane has wings and isn't just a tube) but since Mandarin has so few words (some syllables with the exact same sound, tone and spelling in English can have up to 50 different meanings so confusion reigns supreme even when Chinese talk amongst themselves) I guess they had to come up with something.

Anyway, the word is "da feiji" or 打飞机 in Chinese characters. The amusing thing about this term is that many foreigners will accidentally use it to say "oh, I'm about to catch my flight" because the adjective "da" 打 is a homonym, one of the meanings being to "catch" something (another meaning is to "hit") - i.e. you use this adjective as an adjective to say "I'm catching a cab", so why should catching a flight be any different? Try it once, it will certainly get you noticed! In fact, I once called out on a street late at night in Kunming to my friend from Sri Lanka "hao hao da feiji" meaning have a good time playing with yourself tonight! A Chinese man heard this and starting talking to my friend. I don't know, maybe they became friends, it did look like they were having an interesting conversation! A Chinese friend on the bus would often use it loud and clear to amused passengers on board. It was one of the first words I learned when I started studying Mandarin.

Edited by Tomtomtom69

Not only the minority of Chinese misbehave but so do American and Irish giving blow jobs in public as well as British eating out bar girls in public and the list goes on and on and on.

I didn't know the American girl had the equipment to receive one. That's quite adventurous of the Irish guy to oblige her, though. rolleyes.gif

Sooner or later the tour companies in China will steer its hoards towards other newer countries to overwhelm, so its not going to be a case of chasing them away, as oneday they will not be coming anymore.

Hope so, right now they (the cheap tours) are subsidized mainly by the Thai government, there appears to be a race among the Asean countries "Who can get the most broke Chinese tourists in volume", so far Thailand is winning but i'm not sure its such a good thing. Does Thailand need more tourists, it doesn't seem to, they got rid of western "long-term-backpackers" only to be replaced by Chinese "all-inclusive-tours", seems like a terrible replacement.

Yeah how would they realise the Chinese are broke.

They still haven't figured out that many farang tourists and expats are on the bones of their arsses too

A Chinese woman smashed her luggage trolley into my bags as we funneled through the exit to be ahead of me. Welcome to Bangkok.

I stopped letting them do that. A Thai woman tried that last time too. Following the Chinese example

Guin Kai !! biggrin.png

Thanks for that.

Is it Mandarin?

What are the ​tones?

As we've learned here, a difference in tones will be a difference in meaning.

They still haven't figured out that many farang tourists and expats are on the bones of their arsses too

Chinese tourist gives up on Thailand, and comes to OZ

why?

He brings MSG powder with him, and returns home with baby milk powder

Chinese only ever do things that they can make a profit from

Edited by tifino

I remember Greeks treating tourists badly 3 decades ago. They treated them badly

because they knew they could. Tourists just kept coming. Not so now. Greece is

begging for tourists. While Greece benefits from the shutdown of North African

tourism, it suffers from the Greek financial crisis and the migrant crisis. Thailand

should be careful. Tourism, Thailand's golden goose is sick. Despite the TAT's tourism

numbers things are not well and the TAT is in denial. They produce numbers that while I

believe accurate are not in context of what is important. They shold track tourist days

not tourist arrivals as the Chinese spend on average 3-4 days in Thailand. Great travel

opportunities are available in Vietnam. Myanmar and Cambodia are also developing

rapidly. Thailand really needs to wake-up and smell the coffee. whistling.gif

Yeah, those da*m Chinese are about as pushy as Germans. whistling.gif

Was queuing to get my receipt photocopied at immigration, chinese woman cut que. Was queuing at 7-11 chinese woman cut que. Was eating at bbq seafood restaurant near my house, chinese tourist came in with their noises n shouting screaming, most of the thai customers shift tables away from them or paid their bills n left.. while we have to accomodate to them n make money, i think the government r responsible as well for educating their citizens to behave as well.

Well of course...Khun Dhanin's father is Chinese after all..the CP Group has very close links with China.

Correct, and the entire family see themselves as Chinese rather than Thai.

K Dhanin was the first to register his company in China when it opened up for business in the 90's.

I'll wager this 'Top Businessman' got his position through a pal of mummy or daddy back in the day or some family connection. I doubt he worked his way up from dragging a handcart through the streets of Bangkok......

I think he can see a day when Thailand is a Chinese vassal state so is securing his interests well in advance with a bit of brown-nosing.

The Chinese are perfect for Thailand. A vast and mindless bunch people taught that they are superior and taught never to question anything their Government does.

Yeah, wish someone had told the PDRC that

Honestly, the guff that people spout on this forum is beyond stupid

use Cantonese for even more disrespect. Diew lay lao mo ah! i found my love for hating mainland china in HK.

Chinese tourist gives up on Thailand, and comes to OZ

why?

He brings MSG powder with him, and returns home with baby milk powder

Chinese only ever do things that they can make a profit from

So trade's a bad thing then?

Of course CP wants to spread the word to be kind to the Chinese. They are one of the biggest investors in China with very good relations with the Chinese government.

Strictly financial reasons and to protect their interests.

Of course he is correct that it is only a minority of tourists that display bad manners. However he has skilfully collated two issues. The hotels are boycotting Chinese tourists due to the ruthless and cheating practices of Chinese tour companies. Classic Tony Blair trick.

Tony Blair was probably their teacher