Nose job Thai girl cries foul over clinic treatment

webfact

Nose job Thai girl cries foul over clinic treatment

s4.jpg

Image: Daily News

BANGKOK: -- A Thai girl who went to a clinic for a nose job came out looking worse than when she went in.

And the surgeons who she trusted to make her look beautiful messed up not once but twice, she claimed.

Fah (an assumed name) has been appealing online to girls who want to change their appearance to be careful of cut price clinics advertising services on Facebook.

She went in to avail herself of a special offer of a new hooter for 2,900 baht down from the usual 10,000. But after the first operation left her snout all bent she had to go back and pay 5,000 baht more.

More nasal nonsense followed and she still has nasty nostrils.

She further claims that the clinic, in Kae Rai in Bangkok, made her get up and go home before the anesthetic had worn off.

Three friends who also went in for treatment and came to her aid on social media found themselves all locked out of contact with the clinic online.

Fah warned girls not to get sucked in my advertisements and rave reviews online and to only trust the word of people they met who had actually got good service from a reputable clinic.

Source: Daily News

tvn.png
-- 2016-07-27

So many Thais ruin themselves this way. A relative bought some skin cream from a TV advert and got a mega rash on her face from it. She's recovering but hasn't been out of the house for a month. Thais are taught to value love and beauty too much. And what a waste of money on beauty bs over a lifetime.

Silly woman, cut price job so she got a cut price face.

Why do so many people want to change their appearance?

Be happy with what you got.

Someone out there will love you for what you are.

Look at my case, an old farang ugly as sin, but my wife tells me i am a handsum mancheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif

So many Thais ruin themselves this way. A relative bought some skin cream from a TV advert and got a mega rash on her face from it. She's recovering but hasn't been out of the house for a month. Thais are taught to value love and beauty too much. And what a waste of money on beauty bs over a lifetime.

Then you sue the company and they sue you for libel (telling the truth) weird system. Anyone who tries to defend this type of libel practice is despicable.

Price is irrelevant - the fact that all over Thailand people can practice with impunity who are simply not able to do this sort of work. Qualifications are bought/sold forged and misleading - a nice framed piece of paper on a wall means nothing without corroboration...in fact it just makes me wonder why the need to put it there?

There is no satisfactory mechanism to weed out charlatans and the like.

if you think by paying more money you are avoiding the risks you are simply kidding yourself. people who practice in this way have no ethics and no qualms about charging huge sums for second-rate work.

I'd like to have her nose full of nickels.

This thread has filled with facetious derogatory and racist comments about preconceptions of stereotypical views of Thai appearance.

the reality is that is represents a serious problem in the Thai medical industry that is equally likely t affect expats and visitors if they ever have the misfortune to need medical help whilst in the kingdom..

the reality is that is represents a serious problem in the Thai medical industry that is equally likely t affect expats and visitors if they ever have the misfortune to need medical help whilst in the kingdom..
It also represents the same mindless greed that fuels the Ponzi schemes you read about regularly. You get what you pay for; too good to be true and all that.

It also represents the same mindless greed that fuels the Ponzi schemes you read about regularly. You get what you pay for; too good to be true and all that.

Sorry, but that's just racist tripe; the fact is that all medical practices need to be regulated by governments - trying to blanket blame victims is just ignorant in the extreme

Sorry, but that's just racist tripe

Stupidity has nothing to do with race., Ponzi schemes, back room doctors happen every where, and to every race. If you go out looking for a $150 nose job, you really can't expect a whole lot.

FYI; stories like this are regular fodder for the press in the US too, as are pyramid and Ponzi schemes.

Silly woman, cut price job so she got a cut price face.

Why do so many people want to change their appearance?

Be happy with what you got.

Someone out there will love you for what you are.

Look at my case, an old farang ugly as sin, but my wife tells me i am a handsum man:cheesy: cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

I pay mine monthly to tell me that!

the idea of the cream causing the rash, is part of the plot...

she has to stay in, out of the sun, and therefore goes paler - naturally

she could have just done THAT by herself, for free

what's the name of the nose place? oh yeah! SurgeryClinicDental - must warn the missus

Edited by tifino

What blows my mind, is that you have these Thai women lining up to spend their life savings to make their noses larger. And then you have these millions of women walking around in the US with noses like ski slopes. Many would do anything to get rid of their huge schnozzes. And these women, many of whom have the cutest little noses, are trying to look like the American women from Long Island. Amazing. Almost incomprehensible. The grass is always greener. We want what we cannot, or do not have?

I do not think so. There is something very inherently Buddhist, about being content with thy self. Get a life. Deal with it. Move on. Instead of spending all of that time and money making your nose look different, spend that time improving yourself. Of studying english. Or doing something productive for your country.

Granted, I am not someone who has a great understanding of the need for cosmetic surgery. But, what can one say about this latest trend?

met some hot looking girls in pattaya in my time. quite a few stunners who had screwed up their faces with noses that looked very similar to the nose of the late michael jackson. most of the foreign men i know prefer cute little button noses so i can only assume they are doing it to impress their thai boyfriends.

In the 80s, a lot of cheap plastic was done in Manila especially Boob jobs (breast enhancement) ----a lot of western people used to go there for that --also their dentistry was good, And of course Manila was a fun place to be ---before the shut down.

I remember wandering around and seeing a sign outside of a surgery--- "If life gives you lemons, our simple operation can give you melons."

My Thai gf got a nose job while I was back in the states in March. I told her more than once that being Californian I like the natural, there was nothing wrong with her only slight bridge, it wasn't worth the risk, that it would not matter to me, etc. To no avail. She got a referral and since her friend was a former customer, she got what she said was a 15-20K job for 9K. It was actually rather modest; a lot of people she knows seemed not to pick up on it later. But the problem was the sensitivity would not go away. It's supposed to last only a week or so, but for two months if I touched her nose accidentally it was like an electric shock. But then it settled. But her reason for doing it was she wanted to be beautiful for me! BS. Female vanity knows no bounds, but we're still together.

Fah warned girls not to get sucked in my advertisements and rave reviews online and to only trust the word of people they met who had actually got good service from a reputable clinic

After this giving heartfelt advice, Fah met a well-spoken gentleman online who promised to recoup her losses and love her nose always. His name is Okfoudougou Washington Jesus Poutifoudou, a six-star General in the US Navy.

If one presumed she paid by the gram she got a good deal!

what a pathetic comment.

sometimes the truth is "pathetic" many Thai nose jobs are fillers, they just put silicone to create a a fake bridge. usually not an improvement in my eyes, I like the cute button nose many are born with and can usually tell a fake, if fake they lose respect from me... excess vanity is a sign of weakness.

I can hear the wails of disappointment now they realise they'll lose the "respect" of some farang