New Site Feedback

Tech Doctor

Today I tried to send a TV member a personal message 3 times ending in failure each time.  Either I would lose connection during the writing of the post or when hitting send the message would just disappear without being sent.  I finally got it sent a few minutes ago on the 4th try.  

21 minutes ago, ilostmypassword said:

When I reply and I quote someone and then I want to unquote them, I can't get rid of the box the holds the quote.  I can get rid of the text but not the name and the box.  Is there a way to do this?  I'm hoping that this is a bug and not a feature.

Yes!  Position the cursor in the area of the the quote.

Type Ctrl + Rightclick

A dialogue box appear as attached below - select "Remove Quote and Keep Contents" or "Remove Quote" as you wish

Then you can click the original "Quote" to start again if you wish to.

Personally I like it as a feature!  Definition of a bug "an unwanted or undocumented feature"

Capture8.JPG

Edited by VBF

9 hours ago, transam said:

Amusing ...Well no, but at least TVF is a stand alone forum, not controlled by a third party which some forums are, those forums are controlled by that third party with their own moderation team to keep their forums in check....

TVF will be back to full operational status in the near future, then the third party folk can go back to school and find something else to try and trash....:P

Try carpets..........:lol:

"Full operational status"

You make it sound like an army transam.

Chill out mon ami!

• Like 1

I'm sorry, but I was ThaiVisa.com's  "Poster of the Year" and you'd think that was worth more than simple click bait.  I'm also the president of the 1300+ member Chiang Mai Expats Club which is one of the few regions of the country which hasn't bolted to a regional forum or Facebook site.  Has anyone from ThaiVisa done so much as introduce him/herself to me.  Naw!  

This transition is the worst I've seen and I've been involved in website transitions all the way from being the marketing manager  of a major corporation to (more importantly) a small family business with six employees.  You've got to think thru the details in advance and frankly if this doesn't get fixed soon, I'll be thinking about how I spend my "free" time.  

You're losing out to other media, you idiots.

• Like 2

There's a reason the forums puts our post count next to everything we post.  Long time posters are valued for their contributions, no matter how odd or surprising they might be.  Why tag somebody as a "senior member" or "MVP" if you don't really mean it?

I always thought these forums were operating as a business, generating ad revenue.  When we look at it that way, we are the site's customers.  

Yes things happen unexpectedly, but there should always be a plan B and plan C when major changes are being implemented in IT infrastructure.  Once it became clear that the service outage or degradation wasn't going to clear up after a day or two, the upgrade should have been rolled back to the previous good configuration immediately.  The fact that this didn't happen and the outage has gone on for as long as it has tells me the site owners don't really see this site as a business, and therefore the reduction of visits, posting activity and subsequent ad revenue is inconsequential to them.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, evenstevens said:

hello cobbers ,please disregard the Commander In Cheif  of C/mai Expat club,fondly known to old expats like  E/S, as Gods Waiting Room

as she is clearly in Gah Gah Land,  having her lights  punch out, by the Immgr dept in C/mai,afraid its taken toll

poor soul

a nice afternoon to all

WOW...............:whistling:

thank you for all your hard work and, yes, i know what its like to renovate a home while its occupied - your task must be similar.

running firefox on linux mint: have failed to reach your site frequently since the upgrade, lost postings in progress, find the site so much slower than before.

gave up many times now, watching the 'i am loading circle' spin and spin and spin while on parallel tabs quickly loaded oz and german sites.

got screen shots of error messages, let me know if you want them.

all the best

cheers

mft

15 minutes later:

she is running really good right now! thank you

Edited by manfredtillmann
additional comment

32 minutes ago, attrayant said:

"A few teething problems" is an understatement if ever I've heard one.  "The baby is convulsing and bleeding from the ears" is a bit closer.

Works fine for me, bar the occasional brief outrage. Lots of fuss about very little.

• Like 1

Overall I think it is positive, so well done to the team behind this gigantean task.

One thing which I think would be an improvement is that the original posting should be the first post  at the top of every page, in order that it helps to focus on the original post.

Keep up the good work

Edited by KNJ
typo
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, KNJ said:

Overall I think it is positive, so well done to the team behind this gigantean task.

One thing which I think would be an improvement is that the original posting should be the first post  at the top of the page, in order that it helps to focus on the original post.

Keep up the good work

And Trans singing in the background....:giggle:

4 minutes ago, transam said:

And Trans singing in the background....:giggle:

Only if it is the sound of the V8, which leads me to another issue......... where has the Transam gone, when did you change the logo? :-(

Unless of course you have a 7 litre installed in a Toyota?

4 minutes ago, KNJ said:

Only if it is the sound of the V8, which leads me to another issue......... where has the Transam gone, when did you change the logo? :-(

Unless of course you have a 7 litre installed in a Toyota?

It is a sad issue which I resurrect in a down moment from time to time.....Many here understand and commiserate and leave me alone to shed a tear.... :(