Thailand Elite Card is pleased to announce the release of four new membership programs

Well for some 500.000 THB is a lot of money. For others it is really not that much.

Personally, I find it good value. Like I also sometimes like to go to a fancy restaurant and spend my money on expensive wine and food. We all have and make choices in life. A lot based on our financial situation.

If I see a guy driving a Super Car, I do not see this as a waste of money for the guy owning and driving the car. Obviously he can afford it and I would not mind driving one myself (that is if I could). That does in my eyes not make him an idiot. It just makes him richer than me :-)

Agree. It's more about choices you make. And if there would be a cheaper option which would give me nearly the same visa benefits, I would go for it. But if you are below 50, those options are very limited to say the least. Frankly the SETV/METV visa is not an option, the Education route neither, marriage visa is no option. So you can look into work permits, investment visa or TE. TE is by far easiest and safest option in my opinion.

Sent from my SM-J710F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Although I recently turned 50, I chose to go with the TE/20 year option.

Why?

For several months, prior to my birthday, I was weighing the cost/benefit of TE versus the ImmO ('retirement') and based on this forum (and talking others with ImmOs) I decided to go apply for the ImmO. The consensus seemed to be it was 'cheaper' and 'easy'. 

Unfortunately, I did NOT find it 'easy' after two failed attempts at Jomtien applying for ImmO. Both instances I was rejected due to not having correct documents/certifications (despite PRIOR to my application receiving a list of 'required' documents, they said 'new' ones were now needed).

For ME, I want a 'hassle-free' life (as much as I can obtain) thus this was clearly NOT happening so I chose the TE route. While I did speak with a 'visa agent' about helping me, I decided (for my lifestyle) I wanted to minimize my interactions (and commitments) regarding Thai immigration (for at least 20 years).

In sum, yes, it is 'more expensive' than the ImmO with yearly extensions but for ME going the TE route fits my goals much better. And I have a friend, 65 y/o, who has had a non-ImmO for several years but is 'changing' to TE upon his current visa expiration (he wants to avoid the 800k in bank requirement and annual renewals).

BTW, based on my conversation with the TE representative at CW (yesterday) it is clearly 'growing' She stated she had 'five appointments' that day and some days 'six or seven'. This is, of course, ONE representative. Regarding the 'time line', it was (10) calendar days (total) from the day I received the application to the day I received my 'new' visa at CW. Pretty fast!

Smart move. I may do the same when my 5 year TE expires. The 20 yr option for 1m is a real bargain.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Robert24 said:

Smart move. I may do the same when my 5 year TE expires. The 20 yr option for 1m is a real bargain.

yes ,   I may get the 20yr TE also ....   1000,000 baht /  20  = 50,000 per yr.

jeeze ,.....   at only 50,000 a yr it saves alot of hassle for 20yrs.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, thaifoodruns said:

Anyone knows what happens to the B800k in your retirement account if you die? I'm assuming the government takes it

The government would not take it. Your heirs could get it if you wrote a will granting it to them.

• Like 2

About to bite the bullet for the 20 year option due to frequent and long stays in Thailand throughout the year. 

My trips can be quite unexpected - do I still need to apply for a re-entry permit every time I leave the country? 

Would equal about 10 re-entry permits per year if I have to get one each time. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JerryinTH said:

My trips can be quite unexpected - do I still need to apply for a re-entry permit every time I leave the country? 

No need for a re-entry permit since the PE visa is a multiple entry visa that allows unlimited one year entries for 5 years from the date of issue.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

No need for a re-entry permit since the PE visa is a multiple entry visa that allows unlimited one year entries for 5 years from the date of issue.

Yes, and what I particularly like is that if you leave the country only once during a 12 months period there will be no need to apply for an extension since every time you re-enter the country you get a new 12 months stamp.

Edited by DUS
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

I did it last month, they told me that the visa clock starts the same day as membership, and membership starts once they have confirmed the payment.

Arrival/greeting service needs to be booked 5 working days in advance, hence membership has to start at least 5 working days before arrival (if you want the 5 year visa on arrival). They requested I paid them 14 days before my arrival.

I paid them 10 days before arrival, and lo and behold, I got the membership letter the day after my payment.

But then when I got the actual 5 year visa, it was using current date with an expiry date 5 years in the future.

I’m on the 20 year plan, so perhaps it’s only the final 5 year visa that gets it expiration date shortened to match the date that the membership expires?

The reason I “obsess” about the exact date of expiration is that you get a one year stamp on entry even if your 5 year visa expires tomorrow, hence if you prefer to arrive late October (for the cool season) it’s a bit of a bummer to have your 5 year visa expire in the middle of September, because you made early payment to Thai Elite (5, 10, or 20 years ago).

Of course a lot can change in 20 years…

But perhaps someone who only have the 5 year plan can comment on the expiration date of their visa relative to the expiration of their membership?

When I got my welcome package they accidentally gave me the list of pickups for the day.

A total of 16 arrivals (from 9-17) with 10 from Asia. Japan being #1 with 4 arrivals.

Surprisingly two arrivals from Bangladesh; and one from GBR was coming via Dhaka / Bangladesh (together with one of the two BGD citizens).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, schlog said:

Do they affix the elite visa also on hkt or only bkk and chaeng wattana?

As far as I know the only airport where they can do it is at Suvarnabhumi (BKK). And Chaeng Wattana is the only immigration office that can do it.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I am flying out of Chiang Mai on Friday and have been told no EPA service is available at Chiang Mai.

"Greetings from Thailand Elite Customer Contact Center.

With regard to your request, we are sorry to inform you that at the moment we do not have the EPA service provided at Chiangmai airport . However, Thailand Elite is working on coordination with the Immigration Office and Airports Of Thailand Plc. at Chiangmai and asking for their facilitation and supportive Elite services extended to our members. This request is now being in process and under the consideration.

We know that our explanation may not be enough to meet your satisfactorily expected answer but please accept our sincere and profound apology and kindly be informed that we will try our best to find out the best solution of Chiangmai airport Elite service. Once we have any updates, we will let you know immediately.

We hope you understand the situation and thank you so much for your inquiry."

In the FAQ of the website it clearly states EPA service is available at Suvarnabhumi, Phuket and Chiang Mai airports.

epa1.PNG.282c52242876c65a126fbb9769f4f157.PNG

Very misleading and disappointing.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

• 2 months later...

I understand that since Feb 2017 travel companions are no longer allowed to use the VIP channels when exiting/entering the country. At least this is the official rule.

MY question is: Have TE members some more recent experience how this is handled if you arrive at the gate with your friend/companion? Do they strictly enforce that he/she has to use the standard immigration counters when you arrive back in BKK? If they do, I will just use the standard lines.

Edited by DUS

On 12/31/2017 at 8:15 PM, MartinBKK said:

Very misleading and disappointing.

This is the reply I got when I wrote them some time ago (asking about Chiang Mai):

The fast track service available in Bangkok, Phuket but priority lane in Chiang Mai. Kindly show your membership card to the immigration officer to identify yourself as Elite member to get through the priority lane.

For the lounge usage in Chiang Mai, please show your membership card at the Coral Executive lounge to utilize the service.

So while they have no personal assistant, there should still be both fast track (priority lane) and lounge access in Chiang Mai.

Please let me know if this is incorrect (I have still not left via Chiang Mai since getting my own membership).

• Like 1

On 08/03/2018 at 8:55 AM, lkn said:

This is the reply I got when I wrote them some time ago (asking about Chiang Mai):

The fast track service available in Bangkok, Phuket but priority lane in Chiang Mai. Kindly show your membership card to the immigration officer to identify yourself as Elite member to get through the priority lane.

For the lounge usage in Chiang Mai, please show your membership card at the Coral Executive lounge to utilize the service.

So while they have no personal assistant, there should still be both fast track (priority lane) and lounge access in Chiang Mai.

Please let me know if this is incorrect (I have still not left via Chiang Mai since getting my own membership).

You are correct. Those services are available at Chiang Mai.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

I have just discovered that Thailand Elite now has an arrangement so that members can open a bank account with Kasikorn. Previously i believe they only had an arrangement with BKK Bank. Thought this might be of interest to other members who may have been struggling to open an account previously.

1 hour ago, MartinBKK said:

I have just discovered that Thailand Elite now has an arrangement so that members can open a bank account with Kasikorn. Previously i believe they only had an arrangement with BKK Bank. Thought this might be of interest to other members who may have been struggling to open an account previously.

Yes, also saw this in the June newsletter. But why would any member have had issues opening an account with Bangkok Bank before? Or do you mean opening an (additional) account with KK?

Is there any advantage of having a Kasikorn account over my Bangkok Bank account?
I have accounts with both. Fairly similar to be honest. The only difference really is that the Kasikorn ATM card you can use also as a Visa debit card. Whereas Bangkok Bank works with Union Pay which I have never used.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1

Long time reader and first post. Thanks to all for the information on this forum! I've been pondering a TE membership for a while now and have a question. When you left your home country, ( I'm a US citizen ) did you have to show proof of onward travel, considering you have obvious plans to stay for an extended period? TIA

TD

2 minutes ago, TD2312 said:

Long time reader and first post. Thanks to all for the information on this forum! I've been pondering a TE membership for a while now and have a question. When you left your home country, ( I'm a US citizen ) did you have to show proof of onward travel, considering you have obvious plans to stay for an extended period? TIA

TD

There is no need to show proof of onward travel if you are holding a visa.

But, as your Thai Elite visa would be fixed into your passport upon your arrival the airport check in staff at your departure airport (home country) may expect to see this proof of onward travel.

A letter from Thai Elite outlining your visa status may solve this potential issue.