kingstonkid

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, chicowoodduck said:

Kill your TV....a complete waste of time....even worse when football is on.....go outside for a walk and enjoy life...????

Just what the OP needed

I bought a cheap CTH monthly package but maintained my Truevisions Platinum subscription when True lost the contract. I was always happy with CTH's EPL coverage, but their admin was abysmal. I see that True are offering the full sport/football package free to Platinum customers, although they have said the price will rise 1 year from now. I'm disappointed by this because when True lost EPL 3 years ago they effectively downgraded my package, but never offered a reduced subscription to compensate for the 3 year loss. Obviously customer loyalty isn't something that True are familiar with. 

3 hours ago, chicowoodduck said:

Kill your TV....a complete waste of time....even worse when football is on.....go outside for a walk and enjoy life...????

Yes, get attacked by the soi dogs. Great passtime.

Bit hard to give advice when you don't state your prefernces  news, movies, sport ?

Mr Google can help ,have a look at a combo of Expat TV and 365 Sports.

I have had that syetem for 9 mths, very happy.all info on web sites

11 hours ago, bark said:

I watch all sports for free on my ipad now. No need for True, anymore. 2,400 bt/month saved.

Please will you share with us how you do it? Or send me a PM. Thank you

On 3. August 2016 at 7:29 AM, Eclipse said:

Or even iViewHD

http://www.iviewhd.com/

Are these A7 and A8 boxes that they sell any good? Are the "future-proof" as well as "dummie-proof"?

I am asking because I don´t have a clue about these Android boxes and what seems like downloadable files to run on those boxes. Can a dummy like me who has never used any of these Android boxes operate them without having to read tons of stuff on the internet? 

If I make the move away from ilikehd to iviewhd, I want this to be as painless as possible because so far, I´ve only used iviewhd because it works as a streaming service on my Apple Macs. Mind you, with all the buffering issues, ilikeHD becomes less and less appealing to me, hence, why I look for alternatives. I´d still prefer a streaming service which works on my Mac rather than buying an unfamiliar Android box but if Android boxes are the only way forward to enjoy a good quality service then I might look into buying one.

Edited by DUS

On 8/3/2016 at 7:05 PM, superal said:

It is the same company as ilikehdtv so why the change in name ?

I'm pretty sure that it's not the same company,

iLikeHD market their own branded android box, the pricings are are not the same and trying my iLikeHD password didn't work.

4 hours ago, petedk said:

Their website doesn't really say much about which channels are available.

If you click on "Channels" at the top of the page and then select the"stars &stripes/union jack" button, you will get a list of English channels.

I subscribe to ilikehdtv but as already mentioned the buffering & freezing has got so bad that it is not worth watching . For some reason it is ok during the daytime but in the evenings the system does not deliver a viewable non buffering service , very frustrating . I have fiber optic from TOT 20 mbps down & 7 up  which is not a stable signal on a speed test and despite 5 calls to their call centre they have still not attended my house to rectify . However the signal is strong enough on another free UK tv provider to transmit a faultless viewing all evening albeit on a 480p mode .

I would be interested to know if anyone has switched from ilikehd to iviewhd/expat tv because of the poor reception issues , if so what is the quality like and would you recommend ?

Anyone else have unstable fiber signal from TOT ?

Hi Eclipse ,

Many thanks for your reply .

I believe that iview have introduced a delayed transmission to mitigate buffering , so this means that you're viewing is maybe 2 - 5 minutes behind live tv . This is not an issue to me if the programmes are good quality but the only consideration has to be if you enjoy sport and a flutter, live betting is not possible and has to be preplanned .

You state that you have switched from True to 3bb on an increased bandwidth of 50mbps . Now I am no pc guru but I do understand it is the latency/ping that is the important factor for speed of downloading and hence uninterrupted viewing . Latency is hardly ever mentioned by the ISP companies , only bandwidth . 

Educated comments would be appreciated .

Finally , I find it difficult to be able to find a technician who can troubleshoot my problems and TOT do not seem to care  .

Try switching to another ISP if there is one in your area.

As for your online pursuits, we are not allowed to discuss them here.:P

Try the free 3 day trial with IVeiw.

Nothing to lose.

Edited by Eclipse

13 hours ago, Eclipse said:

Any Android box should work.

I am using  M8S+

http://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=m8s%2B

What do I need to pay attention to when purchasing a new android box. I think I´ve read somewhere here on TV that somebody posted about some of the boxes not being able to run future/upcoming version of the OS and thus rendering these boxes "more or less useless" for new apps etc. 

14 hours ago, DUS said:

Are these A7 and A8 boxes that they sell any good? Are the "future-proof" as well as "dummie-proof"?

I am asking because I don´t have a clue about these Android boxes and what seems like downloadable files to run on those boxes. Can a dummy like me who has never used any of these Android boxes operate them without having to read tons of stuff on the internet? 

If I make the move away from ilikehd to iviewhd, I want this to be as painless as possible because so far, I´ve only used iviewhd because it works as a streaming service on my Apple Macs. Mind you, with all the buffering issues, ilikeHD becomes less and less appealing to me, hence, why I look for alternatives. I´d still prefer a streaming service which works on my Mac rather than buying an unfamiliar Android box but if Android boxes are the only way forward to enjoy a good quality service then I might look into buying one.

There is a significant learning curve for using Android boxes along with services such as KODI. I suggest you search YouTube for Kodi and Android TV Box and watch some videos.  There are individuals and dealers around who will sell you a box "all set up" but that does not mean it will work problem free.  A lot depends on the quality and capacity your internet connection.

I'm pretty sure that it's not the same company,

iLikeHD market their own branded android box, the pricings are are not the same and trying my iLikeHD password didn't work.

I have come to the conclusion that ilikedhdtv and iviewhd are the same company and you are correct "ilikehd" (without tv) is a different company.

10 hours ago, dddave said:

There is a significant learning curve for using Android boxes along with services such as KODI. I suggest you search YouTube for Kodi and Android TV Box and watch some videos.  There are individuals and dealers around who will sell you a box "all set up" but that does not mean it will work problem free.  A lot depends on the quality and capacity your internet connection.

That´s exactly my concern! I don´t want to be bothered with learning anything about android boxes. Seems like these boxes are no solution FOR ME.

9 hours ago, DUS said:

That´s exactly my concern! I don´t want to be bothered with learning anything about android boxes. Seems like these boxes are no solution FOR ME.

Android boxes are easy. The same as using any satellite TV box.

It is Kodi that takes a bit of time to learn and use.

9 hours ago, DUS said:

9 hours ago, DUS said:

9 hours ago, DUS said: