Possible to do visa on arrival shortly after single entry stay?

My wife and I are planning to go to Thailand late September. Our nationalities are Norwegian and Indonesian.
We are planning to buy roundtrip tickets from Vancouver to Chiang Mai via Hong Kong, and will both apply for a single entry visa which allows us two months plus the possibility of a one month extension. After our stay in Thailand, we will go to Bali for two weeks, then come back to Thailand for a few days before we fly back to Vancouver from Chiang Mai via Hong-Kong. Should there be any issue in being permitted the visa on arrival when we get back from Bali (we are both of eligible nationalities) given that we two weeks earlier left after a stay of approximately 2 months? I believe not, but wanted to check as I understand that immigration has gotten more strict recently and that back-on-back visas is no longer permitted.
My passport also shows that I stayed in Thailand almost continuously from the 30th of April 2013 to the 30th of October 2013 (on a triple entry tourist visa) and that I then stayed almost continuously in Indonesia for two years after that. Should this have any bearing whatsoever on the above?

Any input appreciated.

What you will get is a visa exempt entry. A visa on arrival is something different.

Anyway, your plans seem fine. You will have an onward flight ticket to satisfy the airline, and your itinerary looks reasonable for tourists.

• Your previous history will have no bearing and you should have no problem getting a visa exempt entry.
  • Immigration are only hard on those doing back to back visa exempt entry or that overuse the scheme.
  • Neither of you qualify for a visa on arrival as you both qualify for the visa exempt entry (no visa needed).