Phuket: Tour guide apologizes for attempted rape

webfact

Tour guide apologizes for attempted rape

Phuket Gazette

rp1.jpeg          

Mr Wongsathorn (right) and the victim work out details of the incident with police. Photo: Winai Sarot

PHUKET: -- A tour guide has confessed that he attempted to rape a receptionist in Cherng Talay early this morning, police confirmed.

Captain Sakkarin Pankhan of Cherng Talay Police said officers responded to a call from the Imperial Ocean Palms apartment complex about 4am. 

“When we arrived, the victim was with office staff and security guards in a shocked condition,” said Capt Sakkarin. 

Police then questioned the victim, whose name the Phuket Gazette is withholding due to the sensitive nature of the incident. 

Full story: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket-news/Tour-guide-apologizes-attempted-rape/65341?desktopversion

pgazette_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket Gazette 2016-08-05

just because he was prevented doesn't make this a lesser crime, this could easily have ended in a murder had he not been stopped

I hope the authorities have learned something about these very dangerous people given events these last couple of months

very very dangerous, this scumbag needs to be locked away somewhere and if he is ever released needs to be altered

"Mr Wongsathorn confessed to the police, saying that he was drunk. He apologized to the victim and paid 5,000 baht in compensatory damages. 

As the two reached a private agreement over the incident, police said they will not be pressing any charges against Mr Wongsathorn, although they have made a record of the incident."

Thailand clearlyy demonstrating once again why it will never be "the hub of Justice within ASEAN"

Edited by BigBadGeordie
Not sure why my post is formated like this. Mods, please help.

^

Sadly this is face of the so-called Thai justice. Talked with my Thai wife about this case during our morning walk. Her Thai view is that the police and justice system just don't want to process the paperwork and prefer an under the table cash payment to make it all go away. So sad for the rape or potential rape victim.

Edited by LivinginKata
typos

Thai justice: a crime is not considered as such anymore the moment money change hands. Then why did they make the afford to write down thousands of paragraphs in the "book of law" when one line in a bank book makes them obsolete?

8 hours ago, simon43 said:

Why does the victim have to sit next to her attempted rapist at the police station?  Or am I being too sensitive? :coffee1:

Eh' sorry for molesting you darling it was a mistake and will finish it off later on my own some. :coffee1: