Will a UK record (vinyl) turntable work in Thailand?

MESmith

57 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Dave said:

KHUN PER

Sorry mate,i didnt even understand the experiment.

If one believe in pyramid power, the sink drains opposite – a first hand source told me that the water drains the opposite way out from the Glastonbury pyramid stage, they have a drain if case rainwater gets to the stage (not joking, my source is dead serious about pyramids and Glastonbury, and suggested the pyramid-stage to increase sound quality from pyramid power) – so logically thinking, how should a turntable behave under a pyramid..?:whistling:
Believe you started experimental questions yourself. :)

• 2 weeks later...

220 and 240 are the same voltages . It used to be 220 in mainland europe also , but voltages are fluctuating all the time . If a lot is demanded, voltage will drop , as probably you have witnessed more then 1 time in the past . Is they up the voltage a bit , like it is the case , then the voltage drops are not witnessed as often as they do now . The voltage going up is better controled since you ( elec company ) only put in what is out of the net . So 240V has more room for instant high demands of electricity . 

The 50 or 60 Hz thing , as far as i heard ; is because the transfo transfers it . Put a transfo on 220/50 to make 110V and you will get 60 Hz out of it ( magnetic flux etc ) .

9 hours ago, sezze said:

Put a transfo on 220/50 to make 110V and you will get 60 Hz out of it ( magnetic flux etc ) .

You may wish to re-think that statement.

None of the transformers I've ever come across change the frequency.

Archived