France: Jewish man stabbed by 'mentally unstable' attacker in Strasbourg

rooster59

France: Jewish man stabbed by 'mentally unstable' attacker in Strasbourg

606x341_341734.jpg

A Jewish man has been stabbed in the street in the French city of Strasbourg by an aggressor reported to have been treated for psychiatric problems.

The victim in his early sixties was wearing a skullcap. He was wounded in the chest but reports say his life is not in danger.

His attacker, said to be a man in his forties, is alleged to have shouted an Islamist slogan when he struck on Friday morning.

The authorities say he was later arrested. The same man is said to have attacked another Jewish person in Strasbourg six years ago.

euronews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Euronews 2016-08-21

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is NOT news,  however,  Jews stabbing, shooting and chasing Arabs and Muslims anywhere else in the world IS news.........

Jews have been attacked in many places around the world, stabbed, shot at, kicked and just taunted because of what they are......

36 minutes ago, ezzra said:

This is NOT news,  however,  Jews stabbing, shooting and chasing Arabs and Muslims anywhere else in the world IS news.........

Jews have been attacked in many places around the world, stabbed, shot at, kicked and just taunted because of what they are......

If it's not news I wonder why Euronews has posted it?

44 minutes ago, ezzra said:

My ancestors were oppressed /attacked and displaced by the vikings and Romans....bloody europeans, i demand a free piece of land and on going financial aid for the next 1000 years and i will make sure the Europeans never forget what they did to my people and i will regularly  try and put them on a guilt trip 

My point is get over over it... 

53 minutes ago, canuckamuck said:

He shouted an Islamist slogan. This is how they determined so quickly that the man was mentally unstable. Jihad is now a mental condition.

It was determined so quickly that he was mentally unstable and he said he was a Trump supporter LOL 

Obviously all morons, the simple-minded, hateful men, the destitute and  psychopathes are impressed by the violent actuality that drive them to  act.

"My name on the first page, like Mohamed."

In this case the man had already completed a psychiatric stay in prison on similar charges.

Moreover, the victim was walking in the street wearing a kippa which is a distinctive religious sign, formally banned in France public space. In the current climate this choice bordered on provocation.

Edited by happy Joe

7 minutes ago, happy Joe said:

Obviously all morons, the simple-minded, hateful men, the destitute and  psychopathes are impressed by the violent actuality that drive them to  act.

In this case the man had already completed a psychiatric stay in prison on similar charges.

Moreover, the victim was walking in the street wearing a kippa which is a distinctive religious sign, formally banned in France public space. In the current climate this choice bordered on provocation.

I think you will find that French law only bans it in schools.

Using your logic, anyone wearing any form of religious symbol is being provocative and no-one should  complain if they are attacked and stabbed.

It would seem that you are right at home on this thread.

25 minutes ago, happy Joe said:

Some more informations :

The attack occurred friday shortly before noon on a street in the Jewish Quarter. The victim was wearing a kippa, was out for shopping before the beginning of Shabbat when stabbed,. The attacker shouted "Allah Akbar!" at the time of the assault.

The perpetrator, already convicted for similar offenses committed in 2010, was under psychiatric care.
 After these facts, the investigating chamber of the Court of Appeal of Colmar pronounced one year ban from Strasbourg  - and a ban on having weapons for 10 years.

Edited by Opl

1 hour ago, Pimay1 said:

I see euronews has now joined the PC apologists.

One would assume the reporter was referring to a police statement.

"Police say the incident is not terrorism-related and that the attacker is suffering from psychiatric issues."

4 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

"Police say the incident is not terrorism related". 

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is one. They are lying to us.

It would seem that there is a concerted attempt across Europe, among both EU and non EU countries' police forces, to cover up 'terrorism' incidents and palm them off as spurious, unrelated occurences; a remarkable feat given the political differences across the region. Also, the ability to keep the lid on this conspiracy and prevent literally thousands of directly affected police officers from expressing their (I would assume) anger at this policy is outstanding.

20 minutes ago, RuamRudy said:

It would seem that there is a concerted attempt across Europe, among both EU and non EU countries' police forces, to cover up 'terrorism' incidents and palm them off as spurious, unrelated occurences; a remarkable feat given the political differences across the region. Also, the ability to keep the lid on this conspiracy and prevent literally thousands of directly affected police officers from expressing their (I would assume) anger at this policy is outstanding.

You are correct, it is not just incidences of terrorism that are being covered up across a large part of Europe / EU.

It is a concentrated effort to cover up, and suppress a whole catalogue of incidents, that are directly connected to Muslims and Islam.

Edited by metisdead
Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording.

5 minutes ago, SgtRock said:

You are correct, it is not just incidences of terrorism that are being covered up across a large part of Europe / EU.

It is a concentrated effort to cover up, and suppress a whole catalogue of incidents, that are directly connected to Muslims and Islam.

Please do not modify my posts - it is against forum rules to alter or amend the posts of others.

That aside, how do you suggest that this 'conspiracy', which includes literally tens of thousands of people across the continent, has been kept under wraps?

53 minutes ago, simple1 said:

One would assume the reporter was referring to a police statement.

"Police say the incident is not terrorism-related and that the attacker is suffering from psychiatric issues."

Just keep telling yourself that simple one ,there is none so blind as those who do NOT want to see .

1 hour ago, SgtRock said:

I think you will find that French law only bans it in schools.

Using your logic, anyone wearing any form of religious symbol is being provocative and no-one should  complain if they are attacked and stabbed.

It would seem that you are right at home on this thread.

The French Justice states:

"In the state of emergency context and the recent bombings display ostentatious religious signs in this case in the form of beachwear displaying their religion, are likely to create or exacerbate tensions among the many users maritime, of all faiths, who frequent the beaches of Cannes in August, and a risk of disturbing public order. "

What applies to the Burkini goes for the yarmulke.

Also, any French in Jewish confession tell you it was always been considered bad showing convictions in the street. This is not because some have a grossly provocative behavior we must imitate them.

59 minutes ago, i claudius said:

Just keep telling yourself that simple one ,there is none so blind as those who do NOT want to see .

I was referencing the police report the journalist would have relied upon, not my opinion. Think you're being clever with my user name, haven't you learned by now it's in breach of forum rules and often leads to suspensions; grow up.

Edited by simple1

44 minutes ago, Ulysses G. said:

Not necessarily. Please provide some evidence that yarmulke is specifically against French law. 

I don't think it is, but certainly in these times it has become more dangerous to be identifiable as a Jew in France:

French President Francois Hollande said he regretted that Jewish people felt they had to conceal or abandon their skullcaps out of fear of attack.

"It is intolerable that in our country citizens should feel so upset and under assault because of their religious choice that they would conclude that they have to hide," Hollande told the AFP news agency

http://www.latimes.com/world/europe/la-fg-france-skullcaps-20160116-story.html

2 hours ago, Ulysses G. said:

"Police say the incident is not terrorism related". 

If it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it is one. They are lying to us.

Yeah, I get what you're saying but theoretically an attack like this could be about mental illness. Like when somebody is running around thinking they're Jesus ... and thinking they can walk on water.  

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yeah, I get what you're saying but theoretically an attack like this could be about mental illness. Like when somebody is running around thinking they're Jesus ... and thinking they can walk on water.  

The nutters are obviously being influenced by Jihad and radical Islam often takes credit for their crimes. Why split hairs about who is responsible?