Tourists shocked as man, 22, stabbed in Sukhumvit Soi 1 after stepping on someone's foot

rooster59

Tourists shocked as man, 22, stabbed in Sukhumvit Soi 1 after stepping on someone's foot

aHR0cDovL3BlMi5pc2Fub29rLmNvbS9ucy8wL3VkLzQxMC8yMDUxODE4LzcyMjc0MC0wMS5qcGc=.jpg

Image: Sanook

BANGKOK:-- Tourists were left shaken after a stabbing that occurred near the end of Sukhumvit Soi 1 yesterday.

Lumpini police are looking for several Thai men involved in the stabbing of a 22 year old named as Baris. 

Relatives said that Baris had no job and liked to hang around the Soi 1 area. They said that he had had an argument with a man who sold phone chargers in the soi.

Two men had passed each other with one treading on the foot of the other. The result was that the 22 year old was stabbed twice in the stomach and ended up in Chulalongkorn hospital. 

A large group of tourists saw the incident.

Police have studied CCTV and are looking for two or three suspects.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2016-08-21

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

29 minutes ago, NongKhaiKid said:

Did anyone wearing a uniform of any description sidle up to the tourists and whisper    " now you didn't see that,  DID YOU   ?  "   ?

Apparently not. Any reason for suggesting it other than your phobia?

6 minutes ago, halloween said:

Apparently not. Any reason for suggesting it other than your phobia?

Well it's not as if the authorities are in any way touchy about the country's reputation is it   ?

Hope none of the tourists videoed it and put it on social media as part of their holiday memories.

6 minutes ago, Caveat Emptor said:

Well it's not as if the authorities are in any way touchy about the country's reputation is it   ?

Hope none of the tourists videoed it and put it on social media as part of their holiday memories.

As they have been for many years and as I expect them to be when the country gains so much from tourism. Is that any reason to suggest that tourists who witness unsavoury events are placed under pressure?

Just now, halloween said:

As they have been for many years and as I expect them to be when the country gains so much from tourism. Is that any reason to suggest that tourists who witness unsavoury events are placed under pressure?

Yes.   Are you saying the authorities don't threat to prosecute anyone who posts a video etc they don't like  ?

Anyway I did post with tongue in cheek which seems beyond you to understand so it must be difficult being a hugger as you've so much to defend and humour is banned too unless you approve perhaps   ?

16 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

What's the fact violence happens everywhere got to do with this story? 

Not much to do with the story.  But everything to do with the Thai bashing reaction here on TVF.

The vast majority of violence in Thailand is perpetrated by Thais.  As you'd expect.

That doesn't mean the vast majority of Thais are violent people.

Lots of posters here don't seem to be able to differentiate the two statements.

32 minutes ago, Caveat Emptor said:

Yes.   Are you saying the authorities don't threat to prosecute anyone who posts a video etc they don't like  ?

Anyway I did post with tongue in cheek which seems beyond you to understand so it must be difficult being a hugger as you've so much to defend and humour is banned too unless you approve perhaps   ?

I found nothing humorous in your post. Any links to tourists being prosecuted for posting " video etc they don't like "?

What has the government of the day to do about the short fuses of so many people.

Many can be very friendly but change into thoughtless cretins within a very short time.

Most certainly not helped by the unbelievable "face" thing.

And a lack of honour.

1 hour ago, joeyg said:

I hope the man was not seriously injured.  I would guess there is more to this story than stepping on someone's foot.  Just a hunch...

It seems likely as I gather there was an argument before the stabbing?

We all know that the automatic Thai smile isn't genuine, but it mostly becomes genuine when people are friendly back.

Yes, there are a few nutters about that will attack for the smallest reason - but they are a tiny minority that we have to be unlucky to come across.

2 hours ago, impulse said:

Not much to do with the story.  But everything to do with the Thai bashing reaction here on TVF.

The vast majority of violence in Thailand is perpetrated by Thais.  As you'd expect.

But the FACT is Thais are very quick to resort to violence at any perceived or otherwise sleight, as another poster mentioned. As that police captain said of his countrymen after yet another shooting 'They are very quick to anger, there is no three, only one, two .. '

3 hours ago, impulse said:

How many violent Thai's does it take to ruin a tourists day ? Or an expats day ?

It is not so much that it happens but that it happens so much.

4 hours ago, Clamhua said:

The reaction to the smallest perceived sleight causes a massive over reaction for many people. Land Of Stabbings 

Pure horse shit

I've personally seen this kind of shit happen in London. It happens in Paris, Chicago, Los Angeles and many other cities around the world

It's certainly not exclusive to Thailand. 

Opinions like this are so out of touch with reality and only serve to highlight the innate hostility so many long-stayers have towards the country

3 hours ago, halloween said:

I found nothing humorous in your post. Any links to tourists being prosecuted for posting " video etc they don't like "?

I'm usually on your side in your posts, but I am sure there have been at least a couple of those recently. If not actually prosecuted then authorities wanting to interview visitors because they posted vids not to authorities' liking.  Sorry cannot quote instances but I am sure I am right.

1 hour ago, dageurreotype said:

But the FACT is Thais are very quick to resort to violence at any perceived or otherwise sleight, as another poster mentioned. As that police captain said of his countrymen after yet another shooting 'They are very quick to anger, there is no three, only one, two .. '

Any people who have no fear of the law will always feel entitled to do whatever hollywood tells them to do.:cheesy:

2 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

It seems likely as I gather there was an argument before the stabbing?

We all know that the automatic Thai smile isn't genuine, but it mostly becomes genuine when people are friendly back.

Yes, there are a few nutters about that will attack for the smallest reason - but they are a tiny minority that we have to be unlucky to come across.

The automatic smile is a front / a mask in every culture. Culture by culture the level of genuineness / sincerity is different. In some cultures it's extremely thin.

I worked for 2 years in an Asian culture which displays extreme bowing and politeness at first meeting but quickly the real culture is displayed including clean out of your office, desk, cupboards never seen again, plus total refusal to attend meetings, total refusal to cooperate, and more. 

Edited by scorecard